IGNORED

Joel Robles

You forget that Howard did major mistakes every game.

But I don't think it's ever been a possibility that Robles would be #1 next season.

I know that's true. But at least he saved some shots.

With Robles it's pretty much a goal if it's in target.

Heard were selling Tim too.if so we're well and truly in the shit. We need to he looking fir a new keeper now...neither are good enough for where we want to be.

I know that's true. But at least he saved some shots.

With Robles it's pretty much a goal if it's in target.

Heard were selling Tim too.if so we're well and truly in the shit. We need to he looking fir a new keeper now...neither are good enough for where we want to be.

Howard had the worst shot to saves ratio in the Pemiership last season and has been even worse this season. The truth of the matter is neither of them are up to the job

Guest rusty747

Howard had the worst shot to saves ratio in the Pemiership last season and has been even worse this season. The truth of the matter is neither of them are up to the job

Unfortunately, you are quite right.

New manager, 2 new 'keepers, left winger, number 10, and we might see some improvement.

Edited by rusty747

I don't think Robles was at fault for either goal. If our players made a tackle both goals could have been avoided much earlier in the play. On both occasions Besic pulled out of chances to stop Arsenal and didn't. Aside from that, two very good finishes.

I don't think Robles was at fault for either goal. If our players made a tackle both goals could have been avoided much earlier in the play. On both occasions Besic pulled out of chances to stop Arsenal and didn't. Aside from that, two very good finishes.

But what about the disallowed Giroud "goal"?

I don't think Robles was at fault for either goal. If our players made a tackle both goals could have been avoided much earlier in the play. On both occasions

Besic pulled out of chances to stop Arsenal and didn't. Aside from that, two very good finishes.

Can't agree mate.

To me it looks like the same as a few weeks ago...comes running out and then stops and makes it so easy for Welbeck.

Second goal he made as big a bridge as possible.

I'm really worried for our situation next season. RM better have a target that is realistic or letting Tim go could he a disaster.

I just don't see who's available?

Can't agree mate.

To me it looks like the same as a few weeks ago...comes running out and then stops and makes it so easy for Welbeck.

Second goal he made as big a bridge as possible.

I'm really worried for our situation next season. RM better have a target that is realistic or letting Tim go could he a disaster.

I just don't see who's available?

Letting Tim go won't be a disaster when he's no better!

Letting Tim go won't be a disaster when he's no better!

Will if we don't have a replacement lined up. One injury and we have kids in goal.

Obviously we have from now until summer to scout, but knowing our track record for leaving it till the last minute.

Ok Shukes. For the first goal, he stays on his line, Welbeck puts it past him. Or he comes all the way, Welbeck runs into him, penalty and he gets sent off.

For the second goal, yes his legs are far apart, keep your legs together in that situation and see how much balance you have and the forward plays the ball past you anyway.

Both situations were one on one, if a forward is in a one on one it's because the defence haven't done well enough. And any one on one the forward should score.

Mike, I couldn't see Girouds goal that well, I sit at the other end, too scared to watch any of it back.

It's opinion I suppose SteveO.

I would much rather see the keeper play percentages and make an effort.

If he gives away a penalty then it's another chance to save the shot.

But there is also a chance he gets his fingers to the ball.

Same as closing the bridge...make the forward work.

This is the first real run he has had for years, and even that is 30% per competition roughly. In the Cups he's done well and in his recent dips, it's coincided with 3 at the back.

The lad could still be a quality 'keeper, I refuse to right him off. I think with Howard off, he'll forget the bad things and keep the good.

What's bizarre is that some folks are STILL willing to give Martinez until the end of the season when he has arguably been moose diarrhea as a manager, yet Joel plays a few matches, makes a few errors, and yet we need to get rid of him immediately, etc etc.

How about lets give him until the end of the season also? Fair is fair. Fish is fish.

Iv said this all along regarding Robles, hes a good backup keeper but that's it IMO. I think people were so desperate to see Howard replaced they wanted Robles as no1 especially after a few good cup appearances. Not good enough as our no1.

A "good back-up keeper" is not good enough if we want to move forward, second keeper might be called on for most of a season due to injury so we need two top quality ones.

We (arguably/probably) lost silverware in the past due to only having Bobby Mimms as back-up to Nev, if we're going to get among the big boys we need quality replacements/choices for every position.

Joel, as I've said before, isn't up to it for me.

A "good back-up keeper" is not good enough if we want to move forward, second keeper might be called on for most of a season due to injury so we need two top quality ones.

We (arguably/probably) lost silverware in the past due to only having Bobby Mimms as back-up to Nev, if we're going to get among the big boys we need quality replacements/choices for every position.

Joel, as I've said before, isn't up to it for me.

so mike do you think we need 2 new keepers or just one and keep robles on the bench?

• 1 month later...

I looked at the sqawka stats recently.

A lot closer than we thought.

Surprised that aboard claim success is better. Thought that was his real downfall.

But then Robles has a better save ratio which surprised me.

Never mind, glad to be wrong on that one...he's all we have.

Guest rusty747

We certainly need a new number one. I think we will need to strengthen the rest of the team and look capable of a Euro league campaign before we will be in a position to attract another solid 'keeper who knows he will be second choice.

I think he has done OK but my concern is that, for a big lad, he doesn't command the six yard box. Everything in or around the six yard box should be his and he should be clattering anyone, opposition or his own team, who get in his way. Unfortunately, he doesn't do this.

I think this is his main weakness, he's a good shot stopper, spreads himself well but needs to be more aggressive when coming for crosses.