IGNORED

Joel Robles

"I’m delighted with the options we have,” he said. “Joel has been fantastic every time he’s been on the pitch and he was fantastic again against Dagenham.

“Tim Howard is part of the Everton badge and sometimes you forget that he’s played over 400 games in 10 seasons.

“I value his experience a lot, even more than the moment of form you can have on the pitch sometimes.”

Looks like Howard is in for Wednesday. What bearing does Howard playing 400 games have when he's been shit? Does Martinez actually like to lose games? I really can't take this guys thought process - so frustrating. He is setting us up for failure. But it doesn't matter, because Howard has phenomenal experience and that is all that matters. Oy Vey.

Edited by chalkpie

If we make the Carling Cup and FA cup finals does anyone have the horrible feeling Martinez will let Howard play? He seems to think that experience is much more important than actually being able to save, catch and distribute the ball. If I was Robles watching from the bench week in and out at Howard flapping at crosses like a Swan on ecstasy I'd start to question if I was ever going to be number 1!

If we make the Carling Cup and FA cup finals does anyone have the horrible feeling Martinez will let Howard play? He seems to think that experience is much more important than actually being able to save, catch and distribute the ball. If I was Robles watching from the bench week in and out at Howard flapping at crosses like a Swan on ecstasy I'd start to question if I was ever going to be number 1!

No I dont think he would at all. He has set it out clearly this season - Robles plays in cup games, Howard in league games.

He knows he's on thin ice with regards to Howard - so I don't think he would be that stupid.

One of the reasons I was happy for Martinez to take over was the fact he wasn't scared to drop a keeper. He done his best to make Wigan fork out for El habsi, but after a loss of form gave others a go. It doesn't make sense for RM to have this loyalty to a player he inherited.

I can only assume that Tim Howard has some very compromising photographs of Martinez in his possession

, there is no other logical reason why he keeps picking him

We have two keepers. Both ate of about the same quality. One is a senior member of the squad.

It's really simple.

I see that some people really rate Robles, but it's just down to opinion. The guy doesn't stand out from Howard at all to me. I have seen him have just as many bad decisions than Tim while at the same time I haven't saw anything that demands him to he picked.

If I was the manager I would give Robles a run, just to see how it goes. Buy it's easily understandable why he sticks with his senior keeper.

This is Howard V Robles not Lukaku V Kone.

i'm not sure what the big deal is with Howard and why RM sticks with him. He signed Robles, surely he thought he would be more than just backup.

Howard could have a great match tomorrow, a mediocre match, or a shitty match....but it really doesn't matter. He could inspire the defence to great heights or make them nervous and jerky.....but that doesn't matter either. The bottom line is that Howard will play regardless of any circumstances in every league match. Everton has a better winning record with Robles in goal - for whatever reason or any reason or every reason - but again that doesn't matter either because Howard will stay play every league match.

Its really ridiculous to even talk about this at all because we always know what the outcome will be - its a waste of time, bandwidth, and thought process. Howard is in and that is carved in solid marble. Howard will stay in goal until he leaves the club - Martinez for whatever reason doesn't have it in him to drop Howard for even one match. The whole thing is just so incredibly frustrating and frankly sad. You wonder why we still sit where we do in the table with the immense talent this team possesses, and when you have a manager that is so incapable of change for the benefit of the team and instead caters to the individual with some self-fulfilling prophetic nonsense, then I honestly believe that this is where we will end up after the last three whistle blows of the final match. No, its not Howards fault 100% and blame rests on other shoulders as well, but he is a catalyst for the failure of this team. If you think I'm being to melodramatic here, then tell me honestly how confident you feel tomorrow when Man City takes a corner or a cross comes in from Toure to Aguero near the six yard box.

Edited by chalkpie

Mark in any walk of life, yes men always get the furthest.

Never found that myself, always experienced the opposite myself. Never been a yes man, and all of the bosses who have promoted me have never wanted me to be.

Maybe the one who fired me wanted a yes man... rethink attitude time.

Never found that myself, always experienced the opposite myself. Never been a yes man, and all of the bosses who have promoted me have never wanted me to be.

Maybe the one who fired me wanted a yes man... rethink attitude time.

I'd agree with this. There's nothing a good manager appreciates more than constructive criticism. Personally, I get nervous if everyone around me simply nods and agrees. I want to be challenged. Others can see things I may overlook or offer different perspectives. Maybe this is what Tim Howard offers. Either way, his experience appears to be valued very much.

Goalkeepers thrive on confidence, Robles looks pretty good at the moment, given a decent run could be just what he needs to show his real class.Takes a brave manager to give 2nd goalkeepers a long run.Take a look at liverpool, Bogdan, drop him or give him a run(I say play him the rest of the season) A rs fan at work didn't even give him the benefit of getting a nudge for the goal from the corner kick......just wants him out!

Probably the worst position in the team for making a mistake, you can make loads as an outfield player, one between the sticks and you are shite!

Strikers face it also....one bounce of your shin and your usless, some like Ross can have a stinker and will start the next game (same goes for a lot of out field players).

What would happen if Robles makes a mistake and we go out to City in the cup, would the fans calling for him to play more often, feel the same about him them.

Every goalkeeper has mistakes in him, fact.

• 3 weeks later...

He did nothing wrong but didn't have much to do so difficult to judge; but if he keeps keeping clean sheets he should keep his place.

Other than punch a high ball into our penalty spot?

Don't mean to get at him so much but it does seek he makes the same mistakes as Tim and if a forward doesn't capitalise

...then it makes him a good keeper.

Made one save though. And came out and swept up an early ball.

Other than punch a high ball into our penalty spot?

Don't mean to get at him so much but it does seek he makes the same mistakes as Tim and if a forward doesn't capitalise

...then it makes him a good keeper.

Made one save though. And came out and swept up an early ball.

His distribution pisses all over Howard's too. It's nice having our goalkeeper start attacks for us, rather than the opposition.

His distribution pisses all over Howard's too. It's nice having our goalkeeper start attacks for us, rather than the opposition.

I honestly only saw him throw the ball to our centre backs or fullbacks the same as Howard.

Would say he maybe be slightly faster...but really, I'm looking for a keeper that handles balls on the air better...which is where I think is Rims biggest weakness. Robles isn't any better.

I just think Robles gets a free ride due to Tims unpopularity.

I honestly only saw him throw the ball to our centre backs or fullbacks the same as Howard.

You weren't watching properly then. On many occasions he hit the ball long from his hands and found an Everton man. Someone sitting by me at the game actually commented "when was the last time you watched an Everton keeper kick the ball out of his hands?".

And my point was more that when Howard gives the ball to our players he often gives it to the wrong player, someone who is instantly under pressure. Joel actually uses his eyes and gives it to the right man, someone in space.