IGNORED

Joel Robles

The kid hasn't even been given a full season to get up to speed. Both times he's stepped in to a team shippin goals and throwing away games, and he has helped limit the damage. I think, given a full season he could truly flourish.

agreed, he has the makings of a quality goalie, just needs more time and a proper back 4 w/ defensive strategy in front of him.

Hes just about to turn 26, and not had the opportunity to have a full season. He will be coming into his prime shortly and I'm convinced, given a real run of games, he will turn out to be a solid, not amazing, number 1.

I don't disagree with you, but we should be looking for an amazing number 1 and have a fantastic backup keeper.

Best teams in the world, usually have two decent keepers. One who is the first team starter, the 'next level' player and then on the bench, have a top "understudy". If you go out and spend a fortune on a top keeper and he gets injured, a decent backup will determine how well you do for the games the number 1 is out.

I think Joel has proved than when called upon, he's more than capable of stepping in. I don't think he's an amazing keeper but he's much better than Tim has been in his last 2 years.

Would like to keep Joel whatever happens. I think he's a genuinely nice guy as well (who can turn passionate in games!).

I don't disagree with you, but we should be looking for an amazing number 1 and have a fantastic backup keeper.

Best teams in the world, usually have two decent keepers. One who is the first team starter, the 'next level' player and then on the bench, have a top "understudy". If you go out and spend a fortune on a top keeper and he gets injured, a decent backup will determine how well you do for the games the number 1 is out.

I think Joel has proved than when called upon, he's more than capable of stepping in. I don't think he's an amazing keeper but he's much better than Tim has been in his last 2 years.

Would like to keep Joel whatever happens. I think he's a genuinely nice guy as well (who can turn passionate in games!).

I agree, I'm just saying that Joel should be given a chance.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Joel is still very rough round the edges, but he's very young for a GK so it should be expected. Stek is a very experienced player and he's a calamity waiting to happen. You'll get the City performance from him but those sort of performances are the exception, the pathetic attempted saves like against Burnley are the norm.

I'm not even saying Joel should be our long-term number one. If it's decided we need to go out and spend on someone like Jordan Pickford or Fraser Forster then so be it, but Stek isn't good enough and should've been the number 2 he was brought in to be.

• 3 weeks later...