IGNORED

Joel Robles

You weren't watching properly then. On many occasions he hit the ball long from his hands and found an Everton man. Someone sitting by me at the game actually commented "when was the last time you watched an Everton keeper kick the ball out of his hands?".

And my point was more that when Howard gives the ball to our players he often gives it to the wrong player, someone who is instantly under pressure. Joel actually uses his eyes and gives it to the right man, someone in space.

You could be right. I admit I don't focus too much on distribution..wrongly or rightly.

Still would prefer a keeper that can command his six yard box.

Think the defense are more calm knowing he's there.

Erratic Timmy doesn't fill anyone with confidence.

Spot on, just doesn't make sense that Rm didn't realise this. He gives the players infront of him confidence just by being competent. He's weak at catching, but he's not scared to attack the ball. Much rather a punch than Howard's flail.

Spot on, just doesn't make sense that Rm didn't realise this. He gives the players infront of him confidence just by being competent. He's weak at catching, but he's not scared to attack the ball. Much rather a punch than Howard's flail.

Or Howard's just not coming at all. I'm sure it helps the defenders to know that Joel is going to come for the rather than them wondering if Howard will be there at all.

They always have to think 1 step ahead....post-Howard's reaction. It's distracting.

Guest rusty747

Joel is a good, steady, reliable 'keeper. But what he is not, is a top six 'keeper. That may change of course, but if we can't mention him in the same breath as De Gea, Cech, Butland, etc by the end of the season then we will need a new 'keeper next season imho.

Edited by rusty747

Joel is a good, steady, reliable 'keeper. But what he is not, is a top six 'keeper. That may change of course, but if we can't mention him in the same breath as De Gea, Cech, Butland, etc by the end of the season then we will need a new 'keeper next season imho.

how do you know? he's played like 6 matches for everton? Keeper's need consistency and experience and he has little of both. I honestly think he's very solid and could be the keeper for us next year, defense is already more assured, distribution is better, his shot stopping and control of the 6 yard box will improve with each match.

plus he's young and has a massive frame, the more he plays the more he masters how to effectively use that big body to block shots. being tall isn't the most graceful thing especially when acting innstantly in times of pressure.

give him time i'm sure he'll be solid

how do you know? he's played like 6 matches for everton? Keeper's need consistency and experience and he has little of both. I honestly think he's very solid and could be the keeper for us next year, defense is already more assured, distribution is better, his shot stopping and control of the 6 yard box will improve with each match.

plus he's young and has a massive frame, the more he plays the more he masters how to effectively use that big body to block shots. being tall isn't the most graceful thing especially when acting innstantly in times of pressure.

this for me. Plus, he's a kid in GK terms, we could already have our long term replacement. I am biased though, I really rated him at Wigan even.

All that said, apparently Begovic is finally fed up of collecting a stupid wage and splinters and wants a move....

this for me. Plus, he's a kid in GK terms, we could already have our long term replacement. I am biased though, I really rated him at Wigan even.

All that said, apparently Begovic is finally fed up of collecting a stupid wage and splinters and wants a move....

i honestly don't see the hype with Begovic. Forster, Lloris, De Gea all strike me as top keepers, i just don't see begovic there. i think getting a foreign league keeper would be a better idea, cheaper than english and with all the new money we could keep a top keeper.

Guest rusty747

I hope you are right. I really do. It is just a 'gut instinct' I have that Robles will never quite be a top six 'keeper. Younger 'keepers with that top potential can make mistakes but you can also see the latent quality - like the young lad at Sunderland at the moment.

He's no better than Howard though. We obviously must change the whole defence whenever Joel plays and the clean sheets are because of them.

The last two games are down to the defense...he's hardly had a save to make.

Look I'm not saying he isn't better...just that I'm still not sold. Same as I'm not sold on Kone because he scores a goal.

I get the same jitters when he's in goal.

Howany shots on target did he face against city...and how many of those did he concede?

If a goalkeeper faces no shots for three matches..Exaggeration I know...and concedes nothing...that doesn't make him a good keeper.

If you are happy with him that's great. I just want more that's all.

We struggled with high balls with Howard and I want that addressed.

The last two games are down to the defense...he's hardly had a save to make.

Look I'm not saying he isn't better...just that I'm still not sold. Same as I'm not sold on Kone because he scores a goal.

I get the same jitters when he's in goal.

Howany shots on target did he face against city...and how many of those did he concede?

If a goalkeeper faces no shots for three matches..Exaggeration I know...and concedes nothing...that doesn't make him a good keeper.

If you are happy with him that's great. I just want more that's all.

We struggled with high balls with Howard and I want that addressed.

The defence must only decide to play well when Joel plays then. Bit weird that but maybe that says more about the confidence, or lack of, they have in Howard.

The defence must only decide to play well when Joel plays then. Bit weird that but maybe that says more about the confidence, or lack of, they have in Howard.

Yes I'll agree to being wrong there maybe.

Sometimes having confidence in your keeper cam be as good as a good save or two.

I find it hilarious that people are slagging Joel here - CLEAN sheets. Who gives a FUCK how they happened? He was between the sticks and they happened. Anybody that still prefers Howard at this point needs to see the same psychiatrist as Martinez and go on the same meds as him.

Is Joel the future at EFC? Well, nobody can answer that (like Mark said) since he has played under 10 matches or whatever. Give him some time. he already has a better record than Howard so its a no-brainer.

I find it hilarious that people are slagging Joel here - CLEAN sheets. Who gives a FUCK how they happened? He was between the sticks and they happened. Anybody that still prefers Howard at this point needs to see the same psychiatrist as Martinez and go on the same meds as him.

Is Joel the future at EFC? Well, nobody can answer that (like Mark said) since he has played under 10 matches or whatever. Give him some time. he already has a better record than Howard so its a no-brainer.

Amen dude. It's like waking up next to Scarlett johannsson yet you are upset she shagged you while being tipsy and that your good looks and charm aren't what won her over. You banged a 10 just smile and be happy :)

Amen dude. It's like waking up next to Scarlett johannsson yet you are upset she shagged you while being tipsy and that your good looks and charm aren't what won her over. You banged a 10 just smile and be happy :)

Only problem is when you walk up next she looks at you like she doesn't know you and has her bouncer forcefully remove you.

I hope that doesn't happen, I really do.

My heart is loving the clean sheets....my head is telling me to beware.

Fully support the guy though and feel happy that he has his chance...however it's come to him.