IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

I guess this was the reason Bill never stepped down in June; he wanted to go out being part of the club he loved. Credit to Moshiri for letting him do that.

Irrespective of the footballing legacy he leaves behind, Bill's theatrical one will always be intact. He led a full and varied life. RIP. 

3 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I think it will be very mixed personally.

If they keep it to just a moments silence then I think (hope) most would just keep their mouths shut for a minute. Maybe a minutes applause so if anyone is shouting they wouldn’t be heard. 
If they ask for much more then I think it could end up being a bad situation. 

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I surpose Jordan is like Marmite. You can see he was genuingly fond of BK. 

He is but usually when he's trying to talk about football tactics etc which he knows nothing of. He's very knowledgeable about the business aspect and probably dealt with Bill quite a bit when he was chairman. 

33 minutes ago, Matt said:

He is but usually when he's trying to talk about football tactics etc which he knows nothing of. He's very knowledgeable about the business aspect and probably dealt with Bill quite a bit when he was chairman. 

definately, I quite enjoy listening to him when he talks all about the business side of stuff. Given he was a club owner (and quite a shrewed owner) he knows the realities of ownership and chairmanship a lot more than most. So somebody worth listening to.

I have heard him 'defend' BK before, but today he was able to expand a little bit on what he knew BK was dealing with the last couple of years. 

It shouldn’t be the hardest thing to allow people who had emotive links to Bill to express their sadness at his passing.   Some may be angry at fans for wanting bill to step away from the club that he loved. 

on the whole I’m pleased to see that most fans have allowed condolences and tributes to be paid without descending into unnecessary analysis of his ownership. There will always be dickheads sadly. We seen this when the Queen passed away. You don’t have to agree with a persons job to show respect in their passing. 

if we are judged by the work we did in a professional capacity when we did then there is something seriously wrong. Especially when a person does good things for people outside the game. 

people in the media should not be taking shots at the fans either, Everton fans want the best for their club. The fans get the rough end of the stick more than any other club in the prem, the latest being the supposed 12 point penalty which was disgracefully released as news just after bills passing. 

6 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I surpose Jordan is like Marmite. You can see he was genuingly fond of BK. 

Simon Jordan is great, enjoy listening to Talk Sport when he's on air. Interesting insight into the relationship between FM and BK, the more that is said the more Moshiri comes across as an utter lunatic.

It's sad that Bill couldn't step away sooner, had he done so I think he would have been considered something of a hero.

31 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Simon Jordan is great, enjoy listening to Talk Sport when he's on air. Interesting insight into the relationship between FM and BK, the more that is said the more Moshiri comes across as an utter lunatic.

It's sad that Bill couldn't step away sooner, had he done so I think he would have been considered something of a hero.

I guess BK would be in a difficult situation, do you step aside an just let Moshiri get on with it or try stick around and have some influence on the fella.  Hindsight maybe he could have resigned when Benitez was signed as manager. That was one of the worst and most bizarre decisions made.

Now there is no positions to protect, and Moshiri will be gone as owner and just be a chapter of our story - we might learn a lot more in the fullness of time.

Anyway, discussions for another time.

Most of the stadium cost is going to be on borrowed money and £80M will only be a small percentage of this. It makes sence for them to do that if they are most likley going to be the new owners. Why get other financial people involed with the club if a full buy out purchase etc is being sorted and is imminent. New owners would want to have as much control of any financing or debt as possible. I would guess soring out financing etc is 777 partners bread and butter.

I don't think 777 will have any isses gaining the required approval. 

3 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Most of the stadium cost is going to be on borrowed money and £80M will only be a small percentage of this. It makes sence for them to do that if they are most likley going to be the new owners. Why get other financial people involed with the club if a full buy out purchase etc is being sorted and is imminent. New owners would want to have as much control of any financing or debt as possible. I would guess soring out financing etc is 777 partners bread and butter.

I don't think 777 will have any isses gaining the required approval. 

I heard the £80m was for the day to day running costs not the stadium build, isn’t the MSP loan supposed to have covered the stadium costs

12 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I heard the £80m was for the day to day running costs not the stadium build, isn’t the MSP loan supposed to have covered the stadium costs

If you click on the tweet and view the next tweet of the thread, that's exactly what it says it's for and it's nothing to do with the stadium.

20 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

If you click on the tweet and view the next tweet of the thread, that's exactly what it says it's for and it's nothing to do with the stadium.

Its says '..working capital..' then a bit further down he say which '..includes the stadium..', but he '... doesn't know the details'.  Don't think he mentions 'day to day running costs' of the club. 

You would think give the transfer activity if the past few years and significantly reduced wage bill our rolling 'day to day running costs' of the club as on a more even keel and not desperately in need of £80M to keep the club running. 

If you are building a £700m stadium over 36months it works out an average of £20M a month, and given the phase of construction we are in at the moment we are likely to be in a period of a fair few significant payment. The MSP £100m put in will not last that long and definaely will have not covered the stadium cost, it mostly likley went to the developer almost immediately. It will have only covered a percentage of the cost. 

I am only speculating but would hazard a guess that given what is going on BMD a signficant proportion of any £80m working capital input at this moment time will be largely to do with the biggest spend in the clubs history.

12 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Its says '..working capital..' then a bit further down he say which '..includes the stadium..', but he '... doesn't know the details'.  Don't think he mentions 'day to day running costs' of the club. 

You would think give the transfer activity if the past few years and significantly reduced wage bill our rolling 'day to day running costs' of the club as on a more even keel and not desperately in need of £80M to keep the club running. 

If you are building a £700m stadium over 36months it works out an average of £20M a month, and given the phase of construction we are in at the moment we are likely to be in a period of a fair few significant payment. The MSP £100m put in will not last that long and definaely will have not covered the stadium cost, it mostly likley went to the developer almost immediately. It will have only covered a percentage of the cost. 

I am only speculating but would hazard a guess that given what is going on BMD a signficant proportion of any £80m working capital input at this moment time will be largely to do with the biggest spend in the clubs history.

I think the timeline is more like 5 years with all the planning and contracts too but I get your point. 

On 28/10/2023 at 10:55, RuffRob said:

We don’t pay Laing O’Rourke monthly though. 
We pay them after each significant milestone, but in advance of the next phase of work. Those payments are quite far apart and if I remember rightly they were as much as £100m (which would fit in well with the MSP loan).

The money from 777 is to keep the club running. We are not cash rich and Moshiri won’t put money in anymore. 

I think I’m correct in saying we still have 200+million left to pay for the completion of the stadium, and 777 are loaning the club 20 million a month to pay the club’s running costs and so far have lent 80 million. If the deal doesn’t go through with 777 for what ever reason I can’t see Moshiri and his backer Usmanov allowing the club to go into liquidation and walking away from the hundreds of millions they have ploughed into the club, even if they could easily afford the hit people like them don’t like to lose, so Moshiri will have no option but to raise or keep putting funds into the club until a deal is finally reached on the sale.