IGNORED

Aston Villa (Home)

bluenosetoffee

Feck me them 4 minutes felt like a lifetime. Like to say a big feck off to the winter blip, time to kick on from here. Naismith and Mirallas could be a very good partnership while we wait for our striker to get fit. Big bonus of Deulofeu being fit next week to come on as an impact sub once Pienaar or McGeady tire as well. Come on you blues!

Guest rusty747

Great second half and only one contender for Man of the Match for me. Step forward Roberto Martinez with some inspired substitutions. He changed it once to get the lead, then he changed it again to tighten up whilst still keeping an attacking threat. I just love his style and class.

Thanks for the coverage lads...between this, SSN and BBC app, you're there!!!

Anyway....after the derby, we just needed a good solid performance and 3 points. Certainly got them.

Other positives...utd look like losing, spurs drawing and I fancy baggies against shite tom.

And I see the atmosphere was quiet again...what the hell is goin on at GP these days?!

Thanks for the coverage lads...between this, SSN and BBC app, you're there!!!

Anyway....after the derby, we just needed a good solid performance and 3 points. Certainly got them.

Other positives...utd look like losing, spurs drawing and I fancy baggies against shite tom.

And I see the atmosphere was quiet again...what the hell is goin on at GP these days?!

Quite disappointing, isn't it?

terrible first half, great second half. glad to see we got the 3 points, especially since spurs drew and man u and newcastle lost. great subs by roberto with naisy scoring and pienaar providing that creativity. i hope ross gets better soon, we need him back with pienaar for a nice creative midfield. excited to have gerry back next match and with coleman making the bench hopefully he will be back as well.

I'd love for this bunch to go down and for us to pluck Delph off of them for McCarthy-like money. Power, great touch and incredible pace for a central midfielder. I'm not saying their goal is Barry's fault, but Delph would have been able to recover to Benteke (I think it was?) with his pace and could have stopped the ball into Bacuna.

Left-footed as well so could be a great partner for McCarthy for the next decade. Plus, he's homegrown.

Edited by Steve_E

If you judge naismith in his preferred role then you can't fail to be impressed. The shite that lad gets and he just keeps doingbtge business. Appreciate him for what he is, a true squad player. Chuffed for the lad.

I think Mirallas and Naismith should play up front together while Lukaku and Traoré are out. Don't think they can carry it by themselves, but they worked well together today and in the Cup.

Great result from an otherwise awful display.

Bailed out by the quality of Mirallas.

Villa pressed us high up the pitch in the first 45 the same as Liverpool did on Tuesday and it worked again. There has to be a plan B.

Another mention on how limited John Stones at right back is. We played much better when he went off and funnily enough McCarthy slotted in there.

It's the constant passing backwards from the lad. He won't even throw a cross in no edge going forward! The weak link! He should not be played there again, he's awful there. I'd rather have Hibbert... Really!!!

Quite disappointing, isn't it?

Yep. Its no good only getting a bit vocal when we start winning. The whole advantage of playing at home is having your fans chanting like fuck and giving the opposition flack at every touch.

Goodison has the reputation of having a good vibrant 'old school' atmosphere....the last few times I've been, its been shite!!!

COYB!

Great result from an otherwise awful display.

Bailed out by the quality of Mirallas.

Villa pressed us high up the pitch in the first 45 the same as Liverpool did on Tuesday and it worked again. There has to be a plan B.

Another mention on how limited John Stones at right back is. We played much better when he went off and funnily enough McCarthy slotted in there.

It's the constant passing backwards from the lad. He won't even throw a cross in no edge going forward! The weak link! He should not be played there again, he's awful there. I'd rather have Hibbert... Really!!!

Surely there was a plan b? Hence we went in at half time one down....and won 2-1????