IGNORED

Victor Moses

At a 'relatively' low fee I would say yes. Roberto knows him well and I would say that Moses owes him. Probably regrets signing for Chelsea now. But last season when he was actually given a proper run out (domestic cups and Europa), his record is 10 goals in 18 games.

He can play in any of the 4 attacking positions in the current formation. And as Trev says above, he will have a point to prove. It's a shame he's not out of contract in the summer, as then it would be a total no brainier.

But I'm sure Chelsea won't want to lose 5 or 6 million on him when he's still young...

At a 'relatively' low fee I would say yes. Roberto knows him well and I would say that Moses owes him. Probably regrets signing for Chelsea now. But last season when he was actually given a proper run out (domestic cups and Europa), his record is 10 goals in 18 games.

He can play in any of the 4 attacking positions in the current formation. And as Trev says above, he will have a point to prove. It's a shame he's not out of contract in the summer, as then it would be a total no brainier.

But I'm sure Chelsea won't want to lose 5 or 6 million on him when he's still young...

the 40k a week for sitting on a bench for the most part of 2 seasons wouldve made up for it....

If we're talking 1-2m, then ok. But he chose a paycheck over regular football so, Im really not that bothered if we dont get him....

the 40k a week for sitting on a bench for the most part of 2 seasons wouldve made up for it....

If we're talking 1-2m, then ok. But he chose a paycheck over regular football so, Im really not that bothered if we dont get him....

Can't blame the lad for joining Chelsea though, he was maybe 21 at the time, his agent will have been egging him on: 'course they'll play you Vic, they wouldn't blow £10m for nothing' (rubs hands together at the thought of his cut)...

He's had what, 3 managers at Chelsea since he signed? Went out on loan this year to try and prove himself / get some game time. I wouldn't say he's a mercenary, just young and hungry. There might be no truth in this anyway, but Roberto will know him inside out so if it is true then I'd be quietly optimistic. But as said, only at a relatively (compared to what Chelsea paid) low fee :)

Edited by Ant1979

• 1 month later...

Which world? Because it certainly isn't this one!

And I also don't like how the article refers to Moses as a CHelsea flop, he didn't flop at all, he was a great player in his one season there. Mourinho just didn't need him in his abundance of players, so he made a choice. But even Luke Shaw refers to Moses as the most difficult player he ever had to defend against, so if you don't agree with my opinion, his surely must count for something?

But even Luke Shaw refers to Moses as the most difficult player he ever had to defend against, so if you don't agree with my opinion, his surely must count for something?

That doesn't make him one of the best wingers in the world. He's not shite but he's not as good as you're making out either.

Guest blueboy122

Moses is one of the best wingers in the world, I don't get why you wouldn't want him at your club.

No where near one of the best in the world. He isn't even one of the best in the league. He can't get in a poor Nigeria team.

Having said all that..

I would have him definitely. Depending on price under £5M and on smallish wages until he proves himself.

I'd definitely take him at the right price.

Agreed. I think he'd be somebody who'd be quite decent on the wings, and if available for a decent fee + wages would be a great squad player. Pienaar, Mirallas, McGeady, and Moses would be a solid group of wingers for the squad assuming Pienaar hasn't lost all his ability due to age. After that, maybe Matthew Kennedy could begin to play around the first team squad.

hmmm, not sure. Missed an awful lot of football, bit part appearances etc. At a low price worth a gamble, great athlete, needs his confidence rebuilding. We can become a halfway house for demoralised tralented footballers - plenty of opportunity to make money.

• 1 year later...