IGNORED

Muhamed Besic

Louis

I don't think it's going to take him long to be as loved here as he was at his previous club.

Got to start him on Saturday. Go 433

Howard

Stones (I can't bear to see Hibbert play ever again) Jagielka Distin Baines

McCarthy Barry Besic

Barkley Lukaku Mirallas/McGeady

Edited by Romey 1878

he was excellent.

his feet are fast and neat, energy is high and tenacious in the tackle.

what did surprise me was I was watching to see his partnership with McCarthy... yet was not only impressed but excited to see his partnership with Barkley. The two of the had a few passages of play where they looked like they had player together for years. their interplay was great to watch.

He's the type of player that I can see if in form being invaluable in the derby games and also against the lesser sides when we need that bit of steel and drive.

I liked the lad from the little I saw in the world cup and since being linked in clips etc and I know it's early days but I can see him becoming a top top player for us.

He's the type of player that I can see if in form being invaluable in the derby games and also against the lesser sides when we need that bit of steel and drive.

I liked the lad from the little I saw in the world cup and since being linked in clips etc and I know it's early days but I can see him becoming a top top player for us.

Exactly right this!

Against the lesser teams we could get away with pushing McCarthy more forward and just leaving Besic with the cb's as he is mobile enough to cover the ground where as Barry realise on his (excellent mind you) positioning. I think teams will soon learn if they want to get near our penalty area their going to have to wear a kick or 2 of Besic

He's the type of player that won't last 90 minutes in a derby game too.

I like the look of the lad. Spikey with real mobility and bite.

Potential legend in the making.

bit early for legend calls, potential or not :lol: but I know what you mean, he, McCarthy and Barkley as our core for the future? Hell yeah!

He does need to adjust to the discipline of a new league though, so I expect to see him carded a fair bit this season.

He's the type of player that won't last 90 minutes in a derby game too.

I'm sure he'll get to grips with how important those games are to the club and curb it a bit but at times its that kind of mentality that get a side going eg the United game a few seasons ago

My main point was his attributes will "hopefully" stop us being steamrolled in the middle of the park were I've always thought we've been lacking when push comes to shove.

I know it's a lot to expect of the lad but I've just got a feeling he's going to be a very important player for us.

I think a lot of people are expecting an awful lot from him without having a proper look at him if I'm being honest.

At the end of the day he was playing in the Hungarian league and none of the "big boys" so to speak were after him.

I just hope people have a realistic idea of what he's going to bring and it's a bit unfair on the lad to expect too much from him.

Lets give him 6 months and see how he goes is my thoughts.

I think a lot of people are expecting an awful lot from him without having a proper look at him if I'm being honest.

At the end of the day he was playing in the Hungarian league and none of the "big boys" so to speak were after him.

I just hope people have a realistic idea of what he's going to bring and it's a bit unfair on the lad to expect too much from him.

Lets give him 6 months and see how he goes is my thoughts.

Coleman was playing in a piss poor league Dzeko was playing in the second tier of Czech football prior to moving to Wolfsberg and so on the list is endless

Every player starts somewhere you'll find few that have started out at a big club and made it through and then gone on to become a good player for said club

I know where your coming from but it's not outlandish hope promise or expectation it is for me anyway seeing a real player at a steal, I've personally seen enough to know he's a talent

Time will tell but as previously said I do think he'll be an important player for us due to him offering us something we've missed for awhile

Edited by EFC-Paul

Coleman was playing in a piss poor league Dzeko was playing in the second tier of Czech football prior to moving to Wolfsberg and so on the list is endless

Every player starts somewhere you'll find few that have started out at a big club and made it through and then gone on to become a good player for said club

I know where your coming from but it's not outlandish hope promise or expectation it is for me anyway seeing a real player at a steal, I've personally seen enough to know he's a talent

Time will tell but as previously said I do think he'll be an important player for us due to him offering us something we've missed for awhile

There is a long list, but neither of these set the world alight in their first campaigns did they? Honest question, I can't remember.

6 months (to a season I'd add) is a reasonable amount of time to judge a player which is more Paddocks point I think.

There is a long list, but neither of these set the world alight in their first campaigns did they? Honest question, I can't remember.

6 months (to a season I'd add) is a reasonable amount of time to judge a player which is more Paddocks point I think.

Pretty much, yes. I think some are expecting him to walk in and be the new Roy Keane and I think that's asking way too much of the lad.

Paul I get your point where players have to start somewhere, of course they do mate but he's been plucked out of a league that's probably on par with our League 1 he is going to need time to adapt to the pace of the Prem and he's going to be facing much better players week in week out. I'm not suggesting he's not up to it but he's going to need time to bed in and adjust. He's only 21 and I don't think we will see a great deal of him to start with either.

I'm not saying he wont become an Arteta, Cahill etc but I just think some people are expecting too much too soon from him before he 's even kicked a ball in anger for us.

The premier league is a different animal but ive got a feeling he will fit in like a glove. So excited. He gives us so many options.

I've got a similar feeling I'm just cautious and, like I may have mentioned, I never trust recruitments following an international tournament.

Maybe we should just enjoy the fact that a potentially great young talent has joined the club and not put him under pressure before he's even played one game in the BPL. He'll have a lot to learn, will make mistakes, and may or may not work out. Who knows at this point? But let's enjoy watching the season play out and seeing how the new core of young players get along.

Maybe we should just enjoy the fact that a potentially great young talent has joined the club and not put him under pressure before he's even played one game in the BPL. He'll have a lot to learn, will make mistakes, and may or may not work out. Who knows at this point? But let's enjoy watching the season play out and seeing how the new core of young players get along.

I wouldn't say that we/fans are putting him under a lot of pressure at all. We're just raving about what he has done thus far (albeit in preseason). He could've been a player that came in during preseason and played like a deer caught up in the headlights but he has done quite well thus far. Having said that, he has come at a position we are quite deep in with McCarthy, Barry and Gibson who prior to his injury was also playing well. I definitely agree with what you said at first, he seems to be potentially a great young talent :)

Edited by Toffee_in_LA

His best attribute for me is one that cant be taught, he looks a winner.

He has looked angry and annoyed at losing in friendlies and this is what Everton always seem to miss, that character that cant stand to lose.

We have watched as his frustration has hot the better of him during pre season and I hope it continues.

Watching other teams play us and go for a win if one of the most frustrating characteristics of recent pre seasons. The watching teams like Orient beat Monaco puts things into perspective.

We need that killer instinct and I think this lad has it.