IGNORED

Muhamed Besic

Louis

I'm probably more excited about this signing than Rom. With Rom we kinda know what to expect, this lad could be an absolute steal and transform our midfield further, allow us to rest Barry, form a partnership with McCarthy which allows Ross to express himself.

I agree to an extent however, you'd have been happier to contract syphilis than see Rom back :lol:

I agree to an extent however, you'd have been happier to contract syphilis than see Rom back :lol:

With Rom it was about price and attitude. I couldn't really accept that a lad with so much to learn was calling himself complete, and demanding champions league football.

I'm hoping the world cup gave him a wake up call.

But the general consensus Is that he is a statement of intent from Everton. I belief the deal is structured very smartly, £5m down a rest on installments means we can buy more players, and if the time comes to cash in on lukaku then we pay off Chelsea.

With Rom it was about price and attitude. I couldn't really accept that a lad with so much to learn was calling himself complete, and demanding champions league football.

But the general consensus Is that he is a statement of intent from Everton. I belief the deal is structured very smartly, £5m down a rest on installments means we can buy more players, and if the time comes to cash in on lukaku then we pay off Chelsea.

Obviously didn't demand hard enough! As he apparently turned down other offers, whom may or may not have been in the CL. His attitude during his press conference highlighted, he's not as bad as you make him out to be. That, my friend. Is FACT :o

Does it really, though? Don't we do all business like that? I'm sure we're still paying for McCarthy and others as well.

It's only one game but my confidence in him being a really good signing for us isn't looking misplaced at all so far.

I think this is the best thing to say right now. Not going to get myself overly excited about one half in a friendly, but he clear has ability. Looking forward to seeing more.

I'd expect a fair rotation policy between McCarthy, Besic, Barry and Gibson (if fit).

Besic will eventually replace Barry as the starting man in the line-up.

I guess there will be some games where another tackling CM will be required rather than Barkley, probably against top opposition. Last year we saw plenty of Osman and I'd expect him to feature less this year if injuries stay away from the team.

I'd expect a fair rotation policy between McCarthy, Besic, Barry and Gibson (if fit).

Besic will eventually replace Barry as the starting man in the line-up.

I guess there will be some games where another tackling CM will be required rather than Barkley, probably against top opposition. Last year we saw plenty of Osman and I'd expect him to feature less this year if injuries stay away from the team.

Thanks dude, you wrote what I wanted to say, in reply to Matt.

Besic looks like he has all the attributes to play other positions. 2nd fastest player at world cup, has skill and a good cross field pass. Maybe he could be deployed in Left or Right Midfield. His tackling would also be an asset there as we play with wingbacks.

Where did you get that stat?! I noticed he was quick but now you're just getting me all exited! :jump for joy:

I think moving him over out wide would be a bad move, a player like him needs to be in the centre.

His long range passing is outstanding and we've needed someone who can throw in a hard tackle or two when things are going bad. They can change games, even seasons (Phil Neville against Ronaldo). As long as he doesn't act like a c*nt we would have someone, who unlike McCarthey and Barry, isn't afraid to break some legs!

I think he's the player whose exciting me the most for next season. Trying to keep my feet on the ground though.