IGNORED

Muhamed Besic

Louis

I just find it strange that he hasn't even come on as a sub. Better to introduce him that way than give him no minutes and then be forced to throw him in at the deep end due to an injury or something.

It's only been two games. I imagine he'll be making his first appearance in the next few games, if not today.

He should've been on much sooner I thought. Martinez seems really reluctant to use his subs in these opening games for some reason.

Yeah. I agree. Well about him coming on sooner! I still question our overall fitness, especially those who run like crazy. Mccarthy seemed real knackered!

I can only think he didn't come on as for large parts we were up and at Chelsea.

He looked about as stunned about what happened as everybody I was standing near.

In his defense (and, I suppose, in Roberto's as well), there really wasn't a great time to throw him in, the way the 2nd half had been going.

With no Atsu, Pienaar or Barkley, we are really short of options.

I'd fine him a weeks wages for that shit. Unacceptable, , risk/reward it was brainless and aloof after watching his team mates try and get back in the game for near 80 minutes.

Well I would hate you to be our manager then. You speak to him and educate him. If you fine him you hold him back and he becomes the average every day signing that all the other clubs expect of this lad.

Well I would hate you to be our manager then. You speak to him and educate him. If you fine him you hold him back and he becomes the average every day signing that all the other clubs expect of this lad.

An amateur footballer aged 13 would get ripped apart for that, a professional player?! It wasn't even like he had to do it, what was he playing at?

Yes you can't fine him but you let him know in no uncertain terms that he has let the team down.

He'll realise now that a slip in concentration will lead to goals. He will learn from it and be ever more determined to never do it again.

exactly, the game was already lost 5-3, the sixth goal at the 90th minute is better than a 2-1 giveaway for a loss. good lesson and i'm sure he will realize this ain't the hungarian leagues :)

It was a terrible mistake though mate. It showed his lack of awareness. He was lucky that the game was already done and dusted. Another day we may have dropped points becaus of that mistake alone. I don't think he's ready.

Gibson needs to be given an opportunity.

It was a terrible mistake though mate. It showed his lack of awareness. He was lucky that the game was already done and dusted. Another day we may have dropped points becaus of that mistake alone. I don't think he's ready.

Gibson needs to be given an opportunity.

I think it was more that he was a fish out of water yesterday. Forget preseason. The premier league is a fast-moving league. Yesterday's 2nd half was one of the most absurdly frenetic halves I've ever seen played, and he got thrown in when it was at its peak. He made a boneheaded decision when the heat was too hot in the kitchen. Oh well. He will have to learn from it.

How can you judge that he's not ready in that he came on with 2 minutes to go and made a massive balls up, and then want on to play in the remaining few with good composure and a few nice touches. I agree that he went on wanting to make an impression and got pulled up showboating. Don't think for an instant that he will go on and make the same stupid mistake the next time he plays. If anything, he will be more determined to make sure he has a more positive impact in the game.

Suppose it'll be in the same way Mcgeady is shit too I suppose.

How can you judge that he's not ready in that he came on with 2 minutes to go and made a massive balls up, and then want on to play in the remaining few with good composure and a few nice touches. I agree that he went on wanting to make an impression and got pulled up showboating. Don't think for an instant that he will go on and make the same stupid mistake the next time he plays. If anything, he will be more determined to make sure he has a more positive impact in the game.

Suppose it'll be in the same way Mcgeady is shit too I suppose.

Yeh mate.