IGNORED

Muhamed Besic

Louis

He'll realise now that a slip in concentration will lead to goals. He will learn from it and be ever more determined to never do it again.

I think Besic's problem was that he remembered the reaction he got from his first touches in pre-season and liked it a lot. And he would've been chomping at the bit for some action after not featuring until that point.

He just got a bit excited, that's all.

I agree with you both. He probably watched the hype surrounding his first preseason touched and tried to be a smart arse. If anything doing that at that stage of the game (when it was very unlikely we would have gone on to get a point) was probably the best time for it to blow up in his face. It grounds him, we dont lose any points because of it and he will come back a stronger and better player.

• 2 weeks later...

Was impressed with his very short cameo yesterday. Showed some nice touches and always showed for the ball. Looks a good buy and I think he'll be a big player for us. I even think away from home we'll be able to play Besic, Barry (very impressed with him yesterday as well) and McCarthy together. This is the best squad we've had for 20 years.

A very harsh booking I felt.

Agreed. It wasn't malicious or anything like that.

I thought he played well in the short time he had. He looks like he'll be smooth in tight situations where there is little space to move. I hope we see more of him in the Europa match coming up.

Edited by TonkaRoost

• 2 weeks later...

Ain't seen the game but just looked through BBC live scores and noticed "Foul by a Muhamed Besic" over and over.

20 years ago he would've been right at home, he's got to learn that the EPL is a bit softer than the other places hes played.

Showed some brilliant distribution and some smart moves.

Gibson has been utter shite on the other hand

Full of energy and he has a bit of quality about him.

I still think he should have been coming off from the bench more regularly when we have been leggy and looking to close games out.

I want to see him start alongside McCarthy and Barry to go 433. We need that defensive edge (to get confidence back) whilst having someone who can drive forward. Stick him in the middle and I think we will see massive benefits.

Edited by Matt

I want to see him start alongside McCarthy and Barry to go 433. We need that defensive edge (to get confidence back) whilst having someone who can drive forward. Stick him in the middle and I think we will see massive benefits.

I wouldnt disagree with that, especially with Mirallas on the left and maybe Naismith/Lukaku rotating between the right and centre.

I wouldnt disagree with that, especially with Mirallas on the left and maybe Naismith/Lukaku rotating between the right and centre.

We certainly need to do something different in order to find some balance, because balance is something we're lacking.