IGNORED

Aaron Lennon

• 2 weeks later...

levy is one shrewd business man. he's trying to call our bluff and looks to be prepared to lose money on this. 9m? i'm glad his agent put this piece out there letting spurs know he'll collect their cash without a problem. let's hope levy takes the bait and let's him go for 4-5m.

I assume you're all happy for him to be our one more signing then?

I'll be furious.

My expectations match the levels of trust in the shower of shite that sit there in suits so for me I'm kinda "meh"

For me expecting anything other than disappointment from the people who run the club is like a woman who sees her husband gamble, take drugs and sell all household goods on eBay expect a Michelin star restaurant on her birthday.

Edited by Hafnia

I'd be delighted to have him back. Really enjoyed what he brought with him last season.

But £9 mill is a joke. With one year left of his contract, not playing, training with u21's...no more than £5 mill for me.

I'd be dissapointed if we don't bring in that No.10 that Martinez has talked about. So Lennon + a kind of 'marquee' No.10, on top of our other business, would be spunktastic.

It's pointless in January, he can sign a pre-contract in April to sign for free. ;)

Hardly pointless, we'd have an extra, energetic player after all the winter games. Well worth a few bob to have someone refreshed and determined for 5 months. Remember his impact last season?

Hardly pointless, we'd have an extra, energetic player after all the winter games. Well worth a few bob to have someone refreshed and determined for 5 months. Remember his impact last season?

yeah if we can't get him now it's a good idea to at least re-assess in january to see how bad the injuries are. we might have one of kev or gerry out and tom still coming back, so we'd need him. plus i'm sure they'd like something rather than nothing for him.

Guest rusty747

Why don't we just tell Levy that he can put 4 mill in his pocket and we will take him now or we will have him for free in April? See who blinks first. And it's a win/win situation for us as either way, we get him.

side note: we must have one hell of a dressing room. this guy wanted nothing to do with us when he joined and now he can go anywhere (and likely could go elsewhere in the prem) and has said he only wants to go to us and will NOT PLAY for a year to do so. hell of a compliment, RM's endless positivity does have it's advantages as well.