IGNORED

Aaron Lennon

Oh Mark I've not been young and hip for ages! I'm 31! I'll be going the match with a walking stick soon!

It's the best way mate. Taking the piss is easier to handle for us all.

If Everton have taught me anything it's that you need to keep a sense of humour in order to survive.

Shouldn't that be "creativitey"?

Arse!

:lol:

I'm just trying to stay sane by taking the piss. It means I can still smile rather than cry about still lacking creativity!

Do you think Mirallas can play centrally? I quite like that idea.

But I also like the idea of having 2 proper wingers, which will draw more players out of the centre, giving Barkley more space.

Worked for me on Pro Evo '98.

Do you think Mirallas can play centrally? I quite like that idea.

But I also like the idea of having 2 proper wingers, which will draw more players out of the centre, giving Barkley more space.

Worked for me on Pro Evo '98.

My fear with Mirallas playing that role is that he's too greedy and would end up taking things on himself when what we'd mostly want is for him to feed others.

My fear with Mirallas playing that role is that he's too greedy and would end up taking things on himself when what we'd mostly want is for him to feed others.

Yeah. But I tend to think that these creative types are a bit greedy? It's what makes them...them!

Got to see what Martinez is going to do with these extra wingers. Surely he wouldn't bring in 2 more, just to play narrow still?!

Hasn't he been called up for the next round of internationals?

a guy playing with the u-21 getting a call up? nope

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (Manchester City), Jack Butland (Stoke City), Tom Heaton (Burnley).

Defenders: Nathaniel Clyne (Liverpool), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), John Stones (Everton), Phil Jagielka (Everton).

Midfielders: Michael Carrick (Manchester United), James Milner (Liverpool), Ross Barkley (Everton), Jonjo Shelvey (Swansea City), Ryan Mason (Tottenham Hotspur), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Fabian Delph (Manchester City).

Forwards: Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Jamie Vardy (Leicester City), Theo Walcott (Arsenal).

Read more at http://www.thefa.com/news/england/2015/aug/roy-hodgson-names-squad-for-san-marino-and-switzerland#FRsAYgXktpR8ocGw.99

Signing Lennon will mean Geri/Mirallas get more freedom. I'm disappointed that we haven't got the playmaker in but in Lennon we have someone who fits and will bring the best out of others.

Reading a lot of moans about the lack of width/ why sign another winger when we haven't been playing them anyway?! Well Geri/Mirallas have been lacking fitness after picking up injuries over preseason - they'll play when fully fit. We're 4 (5 including the cup) games in, our starting XI may look very different once everyone's settled and fully fit.

Decent transfer window but lacking the 'marquee' £15-20m playmaker. In Cleverley, Deulofeu and Lennon we have 3 players who have improved us. The others are unknown to most so we'll see. Don't underestimate keeping Stones... losing him could have been very damaging - it doesn't excuse not getting the much needed playmaker in but still some of the 'FUME' is unwarranted.