IGNORED

Aaron Lennon

A lad I work with has ,not long come out of something like this. He was sectioned but it took them a while to get him a bed. At one time they told him he may even end up in London or somewhere if that was the only bed they could find him.. He was also suicidal and he had a crisis team out to him every day until the bed arrived then he was given intense therapy.

He has come out the other side now- they have worked wonders with him. At one time he seemed a broken human being totally devoid of most things that made him who he is. He's back in work now and almost back to his old self. I applaud everyone involved in his rehabilitation because on my many visits to him in Clock Tower and his home I never thought I'd see the same person again.

• 1 month later...

I think the problem is Steve.

What did I do? :crying smiley:

I can only echo the comments of others about depression. It's silent, often goes unnoticed, and afflicts many people. Too often, the attitude is "just get over it," but that's rather cruel. It takes time, understanding, and consistent support. One of the great advances in recent years is that depression is increasingly recognized for what it is - a condition that no-one asks for and which can be treated. Awareness, more than anything, seems to be the key.

Getting over the first episode of depression is a big step... it gives the person the experience of knowing that they have something they need to watch for...

That they can get help for.

Stan collymore wrote a blog describing his feeling as his bipolar episode was happening. He talks of using the treadmill.... Ronnie O'Sullivan is a good read too. He speaks very candidly about depression and how doing so many miles a week has saved him. He's a very good runner.

Getting over the first episode of depression is a big step... it gives the person the experience of knowing that they have something they need to watch for...

That they can get help for.

Stan collymore wrote a blog describing his feeling as his bipolar episode was happening. He talks of using the treadmill.... Ronnie O'Sullivan is a good read too. He speaks very candidly about depression and how doing so many miles a week has saved him. He's a very good runner.

I had a tiny taste of this about three years ago. Since discovered that it's extremely common for people who go through cancer treatment to get a type of PTSD some time afterwards, never felt anything like it in my life (and I never want to again). Total complete black despair when everyone around you thinks you should be feeling better because your treatment's done; it's impossible to explain and impossible to rationalise. Fortunately it was pretty short lived and some counselling (first session of which I sat down and cried for 10/15 minutes, couldn't speak a word) and anti depressants sorted me.

It's a big thing for me now on the MacMillan cancer forum making people aware of it because it hits a huge number of people.

How people deal with it for life is a complete mystery to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Pace without end product is not much use to us, and Lennon is not very creative for a wide player.

He has many friends in London so be good for him if he went back.

My concern is that we won't make any signings with pace, or proper wide players, and I really think it'll hurt us if we don't.

• 4 weeks later...

Um - which team beat Chelsea away?

I was trying to be sarcastic Steve, sadly it didn't come across on computer. Sorry if it misled you mate.

Would be a good signing for them. Would rather keep him for Europa and Cup games. Also one of the few pacey players we have.

agreed 100 %