IGNORED

Aaron Lennon

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, nyblue23 said:

I think Lennon has to go with the Walcott signing. I know he offers the most defensively of our winger options, so Sam may not want to let him go, but I don't think we can afford to play him with Lookman and Vlasic in the squad behind Bolasie and Walcott.

Seeing as we have stopped winning games and played utter shite since Bolasie came in for Lennon that wouldn't be the wisest move just yet. Bolasie still looks miles off the pace. I'd like to see Lennon and Walcott out wide. 

Just now, nogs said:

Seeing as we have stopped winning games and played utter shite since Bolasie came in for Lennon that wouldn't be the wisest move just yet. Bolasie still looks miles off the pace. I'd like to see Lennon and Walcott out wide. 

I don't disagree, but I also don't see Bolasie being dropped.

18 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Squad is too big, we have plenty of options out wide now. Best let him go for his sake too.

He might not want to go. He’s just gone through a major traumatic experience, he might crave a bit of stability for a while. We might have a big squad, but it not massive. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42753700

He'll do well there, very Dyche type player, hard working, runs all day. 

I know a lot of you will disagree but I don't see Walcott as an upgrade. Goals yes, and I'm not discounting the importance of that. But Walcott will not offer anything like the same energy, willingness to work back and help the full back, or stamina. Best run we had all season beating West Ham, Huddersfield, Newcastle, Lennon started every game.

Fingers crossed Walcott has a similar impact hey. 

11 hours ago, MC11 said:

We could do with starting to think about going forward mate. Forget the work rate we need to have someone who can put the opposition on the back foot. Walcotts pace on the break will offer us an outlet when we're under pressure which we haven't had

Lennon has as much pace as Walcott. If they are both going to be played the same way it will make no difference. I just hope Walcott is played in a much more advanced position than Lennon was asked to.

21 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Lennon has as much pace as Walcott. If they are both going to be played the same way it will make no difference. I just hope Walcott is played in a much more advanced position than Lennon was asked to.

I agree, one in and one out doesn't seem much of an improvement , similar players but Lennon works much harder than Walcott, which i suppose is the reason for the goal difference between the two players.  Id like to see Walcott, Tosun, and Vlasic as a front three.

32 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Walcott is quicker than Lennon hands down and miles better with the ball at his feet and has an end product 

I like Lennon and wish him nothing but luck he works hard tracks back but gets trounced in every department in an attacking sense compared to Theo