IGNORED

Aaron Lennon

If we sign a no 10 where would they play?

I've said from the off we wouldn't sign a "no 10" the moment we bought Cleverley nulified that notion for me and the way Martinez sets the side up

Mirallas has goals in him so I'd prefer us to utilise him and play him in the hole

We need a creative mid but I didn't and still don't think we'll sign one

I've said from the off we wouldn't sign a "no 10" the moment we bought Cleverley nulified that notion for me and the way Martinez sets the side up

Mirallas has goals in him so I'd prefer us to utilise him and play him in the hole

We need a creative mid but I didn't and still don't think we'll sign one

Mirallas is not going to play no10 though, he would have already if that was the case.

Who said he would? It's what I'd prefer to see and whilst in Greece he played through the middle or upfront where he was effective hence the suggestion

Nobody said he would. You would prefer to see him played there, but, I'm looking for the solution to the no 10 position and it doesn't matter if people would prefer him to play there, he won't. So what is the solution if we do not buy someone?

You don't rate him :lol:

The "internationals" are so at a push. 1 Cap for Mori is barely international. If he'd have made 20/30 appearances, i'd agree.

i don't rate him? I just don't agree with all the hype over his first stint in our shirt. Never doubted the potential

And an international is an international. We've just signed up Mori for his best years, dunno why that's a bad thing

i don't rate him? I just don't agree with all the hype over his first stint in our shirt. Never doubted the potential

And an international is an international. We've just signed up Mori for his best years, dunno why that's a bad thing

Michael Ricketts got a cap for England. You'd have been happy with him then! :unsure:

Nobody said he would. You would prefer to see him played there, but, I'm looking for the solution to the no 10 position and it doesn't matter if people would prefer him to play there, he won't. So what is the solution if we do not buy someone?

Like I said before I said from the word go we wouldn't sign a number 10/creative mid so I've never factored one into anything

The way Martinez sets us up and bringing Cleverley in made it clear as day to me tbh that we wouldn't so my post was "making the most of what we have" or what I'd deem so

I think with Barkley's emergence in form will sort of fill a void in that department slightly for the time being

Maybe wishful thinking but I'd like to think we've got something lined up for January.... Hopefully

I don't think he's ever smiled in his life to be honest.

While we never got the number ten we wanted, but now have lots of wingers, I'm hoping to see us attacking down the wings more often. Make the most of the pace we have in the side on the counter.

We don't need wingers, we don't play that way anymore remember? Central players out wide so our full backs can attack FTW!

One central player is playing out wide Mark, but he's fucked now anyway. He was brought in to play wide left all along.

We'll be lucky to see him again this year.

I've no idea what FTW means though.

I did say I want to see us playing down the wings more often though.

Edited by StevO

One central player is playing out wide Mark, but he's fucked now anyway. He was brought in to play wide left all along.

We'll be lucky to see him again this year.

I've no idea what FTW means though.

I did say I want to see us playing down the wings more often though.

For the win. I thought you were still young and hip? :P

Cleverley will be out, obviously, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Naismith and Barkley spending more time starting out wide than Geri, Mirallas and Lennon.

Edit - could you please pass on the message about playing down the wings more often to RM? We look good when we do that and seeing as we can't attack through the middle it makes sense.

Edited by Romey 1878

I don't think he's ever smiled in his life to be honest.

While we never got the number ten we wanted, but now have lots of wingers, I'm hoping to see us attacking down the wings more often. Make the most of the pace we have in the side on the counter.

This is what I am thinking. It's upto Martinez now to utilise these players. I am sure he has a plan. Surely he wouldn't bring in extra wingers if he had no intention of playing with them?