IGNORED

Aaron Lennon

which, as I've mentioned before, is suicide.

Lennon is not the normal winger. He is an out and out pace machine but on top of that he never stops working and enables our attacking FBs. Not a sexy winger by any means, but an absolutely essential type of player for our squad. Attitude and character can be just as important as ability sometimes.

You're preaching to the converted here Matt.

I expect Lennon to turn up on deadline day on a season long loan (same deal we got Barry for, with a view to signing him permanently when his contract runs out next year). From what I've read he's currently training with the kids, when it gets to deadline day Spurs will want to offload him and get him off the wage bill. While 5M isn't a huge amount for the player it's still 5M plus his wages in the meantime that we would be paying when we know he's not wanted. If we can wait until the end of the month and get the best deal possible then it's the way to go.

Edited by NYBlue

Leaked tonight he's having a medical this week apparently. Amazing that this has been leaked when there's pressure on the board on national radio tonight.

lol i could just see bill "fuck it well lose another 1m pounds but they're getting antsy", i bet they wanted to go to TDD with it

Edited by markjazzbassist

It was said a few days ago on SSN via the newspaper round up that Lennon had expressed his desire to join us and knocked back Villa. £5m being the fee. On that basis, IF true, something was due to happen anyway.

Apart from that, I'd welcome him here. I like these pacey wingers. And he is a worker on top. We'll impressed with him during his loan.

Hope he's not one of the 3! And that he was a bonus signature.

Martinez wanted a Striker, No.10 and a Centre Back, all positions that Lennon is not.

Yeah that's true.

So much bullshit floats around at this time if year though. You don't know what is concrete and what is arse fluff.

Hope he's not one of the 3! And that he was a bonus signature.

Martinez wanted a Striker, No.10 and a Centre Back, all positions that Lennon is not.

Well, Kone is like a new signing, Galloway could be a handy centerback, and I think you all will also look at Gibbo like a new signing when he returns and starts playing as a 10.... :fishing:

I know he is someone we have seen before as usual but i think he is a must signing.. Fantastic work ethic and has pace.£5 mill is a joke for a player of his ability

The way I look at it is he's a not a needed signing. He's a nice to have. A season with Aaron Lennon and a season without Aaron Lennon isn't going to look massively different. Another season without a number 10 and a season with a number 10 will look massively different IMO. That's where we should be concentrating our efforts and then if we have anything left over (I'm laughing hard at the thought of having anything in the first place, never mind left over!) go for Lennon. £5m isn't a lot, you're right, but I'd rather not lose that £5m that could be spent on a quality playmaker.

Edited by Romey 1878

The way I look at it is he's a not a needed signing. He's a nice to have. A season with Aaron Lennon and a season without Aaron Lennon isn't going to look massively different. Another season without a number 10 and a season with a number 10 will look massively different IMO. That's where we should be concentrating our efforts and then if we have anything left over (I'm laughing hard at the thought of having anything in the first place, never mind left over!) go for Lennon. £5m isn't a lot, you're right, but I'd rather not lose that £5m that could be spent on a quality playmaker.

We should have the money for both. I doubt it would be one of Lennon or a number ten.

We should have the money for both. I doubt it would be one of Lennon or a number ten.

And to think, you've been an Everton fan longer than me :lol:.

Although, I didn't say it would be either/or. I'd just like to spend everything possible on that playmaker first. If that meant not being able to buy Lennon because we had to push the boat out and spend that extra £5m on a playmaker then I'm all for it. One of those signings is so much more important than the other. It's not even close.