IGNORED

Aaron Lennon

Id just like to think if we arent spending money there is a reason for it. We havent spent much for the past 5 years so have we saved it? are we doing a Wenger? I doubt it but if we arent doing that it is a joke. There are players we should have got that have gone to inferior teams/clubs why? it has to be the wages and club structure. If there is a long term plan fucking tell us cos im fed up watching shit teams spending big dough and we arent !!

And to think, you've been an Everton fan longer than me :lol:.

Although, I didn't say it would be either/or. I'd just like to spend everything possible on that playmaker first. If that meant not being able to buy Lennon because we had to push the boat out and spend that extra £5m on a playmaker then I'm all for it. One of those signings is so much more important than the other. It's not even close.

I've spent my 31 years working on positivity and it's still not working 100%.

However much we have to spend will already be sorted, I doubt that buying Lennon will make much difference to what he spends on a play maker. But we will need to save some money. Now if we hi jack the Barton deal, pick up Rio Ferdinand, get Lennon for £5m, we'll have enough money left over for Charlie Austin.

I've spent my 31 years working on positivity and it's still not working 100%.

However much we have to spend will already be sorted, I doubt that buying Lennon will make much difference to what he spends on a play maker. But we will need to save some money. Now if we hi jack the Barton deal, pick up Rio Ferdinand, get Lennon for £5m, we'll have enough money left over for Charlie Austin.

If only the selling club weren't able to decide how much they want for a player, if only they couldn't up the price... All I'm saying is you get the important one done first. What happens if we buy Lennon and then the club we want that playmaker off decides they want an extra £5m? You know, because we've left it so late and they know they've got us over a barrel. We no longer have it and end up with fuck all!

I think we've got £25-30m to spend and RM is just trying to maximise value and so doesn't want other clubs to know.

Assuming it is £30m and Lennon is £5m, that leaves £25m for the 3 positions.

Had Shaqiri come on loan with right to buy we could have bought Austen and VD (Celtic) for £25m.

likewise, if we signs Evans as a cheaper alternative to VD, we still have £20m for a number 10 and Austen.

I think we're just negotiating hard to stretch our budget.

I'd be very happy to have him back permanently especially for the reported £5m

Excellent work rate quick and fits in well it's a no brainer but I do get Romey's point we still need a minimum of three more

I can see it being Lennon and Evans and that's our lot though sadly....

The way I look at it is he's a not a needed signing. He's a nice to have. A season with Aaron Lennon and a season without Aaron Lennon isn't going to look massively different. Another season without a number 10 and a season with a number 10 will look massively different IMO. That's where we should be concentrating our efforts and then if we have anything left over (I'm laughing hard at the thought of having anything in the first place, never mind left over!) go for Lennon. £5m isn't a lot, you're right, but I'd rather not lose that £5m that could be spent on a quality playmaker.

Absolutely. We will always struggle without one. I see Gourcuff (albeit 29) is still available. I would like to see someone of that pedigree brought in. We need a game changer, not the Lennons of this world.

I said that. It's a worry of mine.

I don't think he has actually come out and said he wants a striker has he? He's said we need a cb and a 10 but he's only ever eluded to needing 3 players whenever I've seen him interviewed I think he knows Lennons coming in so that's one then he wants a cb and a 10.

If we bought van dyke or Evans brought in Lennon and bought a 20 million pound number 10 (not literally 20 mil but that caliber) and we kept everyone I'd still be happy with that window.

The 10 is the key signing for me.

If Lennon comes in, that's him, Gerry and Kev (and McGeady if we're really struggling) for the winger spots, then Kev, Ross, Naisy and maybe Cleverley who can all play number 10. Not ideal, but Lennon would give Martinez an excuse not to find a number 10...

Id be all for investing in wingers and strikers rather than 'playmakers' tbh, but we'd need to change our shape.

Fair enough then I've just never heard him say it it's just usually a number 10 cb and one other position.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/457876/Roberto-Martinez-Everton-Watford-three-signings-transfer-news

Martinez wants a new centre-back, No.10 and a striker to bolster his squad as Everton prepare to kick-off their Premier League campaign against Watford this weekend.

Edited by tenaciousj

He doesn't actually say he wants a striker in the article though does he . They just write that as if he has said it but there's no mention from him.

He obviously has said it somewhere and I've just not seen it but every time I've seen him interviewed he has said a 10, cb and one other position. I've never heard him say striker.

He doesn't actually say he wants a striker in the article though does he . They just write that as if he has said it but there's no mention from him.

He obviously has said it somewhere and I've just not seen it but every time I've seen him interviewed he has said a 10, cb and one other position. I've never heard him say striker.

This.

If that's the only link available...he doesn't say anything about any positions. Only that we need 3 players. Only the paper names positions.

I think that was because he was easing Geri in I think now he'll play with them both when fully fit. If he doesn't he can fuck right off.

Sorry, this again.

No excuse not to play 2 out n out wingers as it is now...Never mind if Lennon gets added too! A big frustration last season was this one winger thing...although it could be excused for the 'better options' reason.