IGNORED

Ideal first 3 opponents

Btay

Okay lads, I believe fixtures are released tomorrow. Who would you want us facing for the first 3 games?

I would be stoked with Newcastle, West Ham and Swansea. Trying to be a bit fair and not pick any of the promoted teams ( especially since we seem to draw or worse early against them) but pick who you like.

I just want to avoid the newly promoted teams , especially away, as they always start off well before reality kicks in around September and they start to plummet down the table

Looks like we will be at home for first few games so may be a good thing to get some of the top 4 out of the way early before they get in their stride

any teams that aren't newly promoted and have had a few injuries to key players. To be honest it shouldn't really matter, I expect Roberto to learn his lesson from last season and have the players like racehorses. I would like Chelsea, then Swansea then Liverpool.

The rationale is that Chelsea will be like a shot in the backside as to "THIS IS THE LEVEL WE NEED TO BE AT" - a little bit like going for a run with a 20kg weighted vest and having it removed. We should then use a team like Swansea to batter and then take the momentum in to a morale boosting game against those lot.

Very tough first 10 games

Very tough indeed. We could be sitting on not very many points at all, or it could help us playing good opposition early on and have the players up for it and we get wins against top quality opposition and we go from strength to strength. Fingers crossed for the latter.