IGNORED

Pre-season Friendlies 2015-16

c1982

Can we not get behind the team.

Yes of course, one day I wish to share my opinion without hostility! All people have to say is "no you're wrong and this is why..." instead of people trying their hardest to think of a sarcastic comment to start a feud. It's pathetic.

In your expert opinion, given your years of experience as a top football talent scout, and pundit.

Where did I say I was any of those? Smart arse.

In my opinion, which is my opinion that I am entitled to have and having watched Everton for over 30 years that is my view on him so have a nice big steaming cup of shut the fuck up.

you don't have to be a top scout to give your opinion paddock pays his way for the blues so is entitled to his view.

Precisely. Thanks Patto.

I never once professed to be any of those things it's just how I see the lad. Others see a potential superstar, I don't no big deal.

I hope they're right and I'm wrong and the lad comes good. Can't see it though.

If we all have to have been a scout, played the game at the top, attend every game, have plucked a footballers bum hair to have an opinion about a player's ability etc then you may as well close all forums. A forums whole point is to be a place for the average Joe to give his, of her, opinion.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, a large part of football is made up of opinions. 10 people can see the same game and have 10 different opinions on it.

My points were twofold, 1, that Barkley is a young talented lad that loves the club who had a difficult last season and needs us to support him rather than get on his back.

2, that to write him off as the most overhyped player ever to pull on an Everton shirt is ridiculous given some of the dross we have had to endure. His first season under Martinez he was a revelation. Second season he suffered for various reasons, and like any young player he is going to have ups and downs. The best way to get the best out of him imho (and no I don't have any experience!)is to allow him the freedom to develop without getting on his back.

The season hasn't started and I was a little passed off that one of our younger players is being slated and written off.

Makes me laugh Barkley is the most over rated Everton player ever??!!!How the fuck is that worked out??? Has he won young player of the year or something???

Over rated is someone like gravesen or Tony cottee not a fuckin kid who has played less than less than 2 seasons worth of first team games and had a potential career ending injury as well as playing with clubs whose players admitted to not being anywhere near the same wavelength as.

Funny isn't it. Rom calls himself a complete striker, has played twice as many first team games as Ross, is hailed as the next drogba but if you criticise then we must remember he is just 21 - 22 and next year 23 no doubt.

Barkley owes us fuck all. If we sold him for £10m that would represent a 10m fold profit.

I just wish he had lukakus self belief, one player calls himself great, the other just doesn't realise how great he is.

This isn't a slight on Rom, it's just putting things into perspective. Hopefully Rom has a fab season and shuts me up

As for Barkley, just look at some of the stuff he's done... It's GENIUS. The goal against man city, the run against newcastle, the left foot strikes that make you think he is left footed. When the penny drops he will be up there with the very best.

Makes me laugh Barkley is the most over rated Everton player ever??!!!How the fuck is that worked out??? Has he won young player of the year or something???

Over rated is someone like gravesen or Tony cottee not a fuckin kid who has played less than less than 2 seasons worth of first team games and had a potential career ending injury as well as playing with clubs whose players admitted to not being anywhere near the same wavelength as.

Funny isn't it. Rom calls himself a complete striker, has played twice as many first team games as Ross, is hailed as the next drogba but if you criticise then we must remember he is just 21 - 22 and next year 23 no doubt.

Barkley owes us fuck all. If we sold him for £10m that would represent a 10m fold profit.

I just wish he had lukakus self belief, one player calls himself great, the other just doesn't realise how great he is.

This isn't a slight on Rom, it's just putting things into perspective. Hopefully Rom has a fab season and shuts me up

As for Barkley, just look at some of the stuff he's done... It's GENIUS. The goal against man city, the run against newcastle, the left foot strikes that make you think he is left footed. When the penny drops he will be up there with the very best.

Think Ross is going to shine this year, his awareness of whats around him has notably improved. We just need to encourage him!

Did arsenal sell Wilshire in the last 2 years? Did they bollocks,genuine talent will always come through, Wilshire needed a chance to get over his niggles and get some form.

He like Barkley has had interruptions, no genuine holiday as he was recovering from injury which is mentally and physically draining.

Still think Rooney is paving the way to end his career here. But he's on a long contract till 2019 and he's 30 in October.

So IMO he will have to arrange a pay off to do it. At 32/33 he will be pretty much past it.

It would be great though wouldn't it. Maybe next year we can sell them stones and get Rooney as part of the deal. That way he would still have a little left in the tank. We couldn't afford those wages though.