IGNORED

Pre-season Friendlies 2015-16

c1982

Does anybody know who is playing in Fergusons testimonial tomorrow. I'm torn between shelling out £40 for me and the 2 boys, £60 and taking the missus or being an utter minge bag and not going.

Is it just Rooney, and the rest of the current team or is it a cast of ex players?

Anybody?

Does anybody know who is playing in Fergusons testimonial tomorrow. I'm torn between shelling out £40 for me and the 2 boys, £60 and taking the missus or being an utter minge bag and not going.

Is it just Rooney, and the rest of the current team or is it a cast of ex players?

Anybody?

Martinez to captain and play no.10

He's got a hamstring injury so has had to pull out last minute.

Finally managed to get on the website. It's just the team now, looks like Rooneys the only guest. Was hoping there may of been a few x players turn up but it's not looking that way.

Going by the side we've put out against Leeds today I would imagine it'd be the majority of the first team plus Rooney for a two minute appearance.

Going by the side we've put out against Leeds today I would imagine it'd be the majority of the first team plus Rooney for a two minute appearance.

Hmm no Lukaku today though , thought his legs were just heavy. He wants them all getting 90 mins out the 2 games, he's not gonna play him for 90 tomorrow so I think it's safe to assume he is injured.

I'm going to be blunt and honest here and I apologise if I cause any offence, however Ross Barkley has done fuck all in the past season and during pre season to suggest he's going to be a good enough player to start for us in the future. Last season was his make or break and for me I see no signs of him getting back to the player he was under Martinez's debut season. He's a sideways passer who can't even do that right sometimes. Once in a blue moon he can take a player on and have a shot, and what? So can leon Osman.

I can only hope that we don't waste our time playing him every game this coming season it's very frustrating to watch.

Edited by AidanLewis

I'm going to be blunt and honest here and I apologise if I cause any offence, however Ross Barkley has done fuck all in the past season and during pre season to suggest he's going to be a good enough player to start for us in the future. Last season was his make or break and for me I see no signs of him getting back to the player he was under Martinez's debut season. He's a sideways passer who can't even do that right sometimes. Once in a blue moon he can take a player on and have a shot, and what? So can leon Osman.

I can only hope that we don't waste our time playing him every game this coming season it's very frustrating to watch.

Most over rated and hyped up player ever to pull a blue shirt on. I really REALLY don't see why people go absolutely mad on him.

He's nowhere near as good as people make out. We should have sold him for 30 million 2 seasons ago because he is average at best.

Wow, I have to disagree with you, last season Ross missed the start of the season due to injury, then joined a struggling team, playing in a variety of positions, but not getting a run in his best position, and as a result he himself lost confidence.

He has the talent to be one of the best, if he gets playing time in the right position. So as the season hasn't even started yet, and with all due respect why not show a bit of faith and get behind the lad, and cheer him and the team on instead of being a millstone?

Most over rated and hyped up player ever to pull a blue shirt on. I really REALLY don't see why people go absolutely mad on him.

He's nowhere near as good as people make out. We should have sold him for 30 million 2 seasons ago because he is average at best.

In your expert opinion, given your years of experience as a top football talent scout, and pundit.

Barkley will make some people look like Muppets. "I've nailed my colours to the mast so therefore it shall be decreed he is over rated"

Ffs I really don't rate Lukaku but I hold out hope that he will be at least a decent striker, just don't thinkhe will be world class. But I may be wrong, because I'm not an expert. I've just played at a decent enough level to know certain things that are essential and make the difference.

Does Barkley have talent? Yes he does, no one can deny that. Does he have physical attributes? Yes he does.

Has he been unfairly hyped to the point that a five yard pass gets groans and pricks like hodgson have issues with his decision making.... Yes and his decision making does need to improve and will improve.

So chill the fuck out. Enjoy watching the lad in his first season where he has had a rest.

I've made two predictions this season 1. That cleverley will prove the nay Sayers wrong. 2. Barkley will be a far better player and will benefit for cleverleys tempo setting.

I have seen nothing to review rand change that opinion.

Edited by Hafnia

Watching Ross today.

First half he looked so tidy and the ball seemed to stick to him so smoothly. There were Leeds fans saying that he could control the match if he wanted.

Compare hos control to some of the younger lads for example and he looked miles ahead

but his problem is that he doesn't fire passes in....he plays golf shots with the ball. He tried to make the ball stop at its destination rather than make sure it gets there.

Second half he seemed to run out of energy. And as soon as we go behind....take him off. He isn't a fighter and cannot grab the game by the scruff of the neck.

Compare his passing With Cleverley and there's a huge difference. Cleverley makes a passing makes sure it gets there...then he trusts I'm his teammate to control it.

Ross could be great of he just had a bit of fight in him.

you don't have to be a top scout to give your opinion paddock pays his way for the blues so is entitled to his view.

Does that mean we are back to the "if you didn't attend then your opinion is invalid" bollocks again?"

Theres been many a time I've seen a match in the flesh and many a time I've seen it on tv. Same brain forms the same opinions.

Wow, I have to disagree with you, last season Ross missed the start of the season due to injury, then joined a struggling team, playing in a variety of positions, but not getting a run in his best position, and as a result he himself lost confidence.

He has the talent to be one of the best, if he gets playing time in the right position. So as the season hasn't even started yet, and with all due respect why not show a bit of faith and get behind the lad, and cheer him and the team on instead of being a millstone?

I rarely disrespect any of our players, (except kone) however I've been thinking it for a long time, how long does it have to go on for others to realise that he's more of a hindrance than help to the squad?

Yes he does struggle with confidence, but so did Torres, Falcao, etc etc,teams don't keep players that struggle with confidence for a reason.

I wish him all the best, and I would never boo the lad, but I just wanted to give my opinion that's all.