• Funes Mori
    • Galloway
    • Barry
    • McCarthy
    • Barkley
    • Naismith
    • Geri
    • Lukaku

Current Player of the Season standings...
Steven Naismith...45
Romelu Lukaku...40
Tim Howard...34
Gerard Deulofeu...29
Ross Barkley...23
Arouna Kone...19
Seamus Coleman...16
Tom Cleverley...10
John Stones...6
Phil Jagielka...2
Gareth Barry...2
Brendon Galloway...2
Bryan Oviedo...1
Previous MOTM winners...
Chelsea (H)...Steven Naismith
Tottenham (A)...Tim Howard
Barnsley (A)...Gerard Deulofeu
Manchester City (H)...Seamus Coleman
Southampton (A)...Romelu Lukaku
Watford (H)...Arouna Kone

I wish I could give it to both Gerry and Rom, but I'll have to pick Gerry.

Rom, though, showed some of the tenacity he showed in his first season tonight. That header reminded me of the first match he played for us. And he willed his second goal in. He never gave up once he clicked on. He's played too often on his back foot. But, once he gets on his front foot he's terrifying.

Lol you guys voted for Deulofeu :D Is this some kind of conspired joke? he was the leading cause of Everton losing posession. What exactly did he contribute according to you guys?

Consistent dangerous balls into the box. Lukaku doesn't score them without Deulofeu.... Lukaku was also very good though

Lol you guys voted for Deulofeu :D Is this some kind of conspired joke? he was the leading cause of Everton losing posession. What exactly did he contribute according to you guys?

Haha!!! It's Toffeetalks Belgian ambassador...

Sorry kiddo, Rom was as shite as he was as he was good. He was lucky to be on the pitch for the start of the second half that's how poor he was.

3 balls across the 6 yard box and as the Belgian manager would say "lamp post" springs to mind.

Let's hope he takes his second half effort levels into the derby.

Deulofeu was on a different planet, his crossing reminded me of a young Ronaldo pre free role days.

Haha!!! It's Toffeetalks Belgian ambassador...

Sorry kiddo, Rom was as shite as he was as he was good. He was lucky to be on the pitch for the start of the second half that's how poor he was.

3 balls across the 6 yard box and as the Belgian manager would say "lamp post" springs to mind.

Let's hope he takes his second half effort levels into the derby.

Deulofeu was on a different planet, his crossing reminded me of a young Ronaldo pre free role days.

There isn't many in the league with the amount of technique this lad has.

Geri.

I'm also so surprised how bad rom can play yet a few chances he can take and make them his own.

He's a finisher and nothing else. Although I won't mind as long as he keeps finishing.

I thought he did magnificently with the assist for Kone, also played a great through ball for McCarthy's dive

Geri's technique on some of them [crosses] is quite unique.

Agree, an important observation. Unless the camera angle was misleading, he looked pretty close to the defender on several crosses, including the two goals, and suddenly lifted the ball over the defender, but with power. Most wingers, I think, have to have more space, and take more time. Deulofeu just snapped (?) those perfectly paced and placed crosses almost without warning. I don't recall seeing this technique much.

Voted Galloway. Pretty much flawless on the ball, no glaring mistakes, good positioning and saved us the match with that tackle on Berahino. I'm not sure Mori was as bad as the game thread would indicate (his decision making was shaky once or twice but not altogether poor), but Galloway was playing with a first time PL starter next to him in the back line and you'd have never known it. Offense will always get the plaudits but Galloway MOTM for me indisputably.

Rom did look a bit slow and lethargic at times, especially when Geri was on the ball (just get in the fucking box big guy), but fair to him his hold-up and link-up play were better than the have been most of the season.

Deulofeu's crosses were dangerous but he started trying to force it at 2-0 and if not the cross for the first Rom goal I might have subbed him out. Seemed to lose composure a bit when Ross missed the chance, though I lost mine as well.

For me, Geri and Rom were brilliant for the three goals but Galloway was perfect for 90 minutes.