IGNORED

Martinez - Direction?

MC11

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36272695?ocid=socialflow_twitter&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=twitter

Now blaming the FA Cup on league results???

Last year it was the Europa, now it's a cup distraction. How do other teams manage it?

Moyes had a smaller squad than Martinez and played in the Europa league, I recall him saying playing 2 games a week was better for building momentum. He managed it and he was by no means a genius so it's all bullshit as far as I'm concerned.

It's your job to get the players focused and it's your job to make sure come this time of year we have something to play for. Sorry Roberto your only making excuses for your failings nobody else's.

It would have been so much easier if we hadn't taken the ridiculous decision to offer him a new 5 year deal after his first season!

There's always an excuse with him. That way it's not his responsibility.

And put his picture on the side of our stadium, made to look like he's some sort of demi-God.

Edited by Lowensda

I want him gone, but I really don't see how people are saying the board should do it for Martinez's sake. They should do it for the sake of the club! If its about Martinez and its so cruel, he should walk away. But he wont do that, if he waits to be fired they have to pay off his contract. Hasn't he got three years left on about £3m a year? So he may get fired with a cheque for £9,000,000. It is so cruel walk away without a penny. No sympathy here at all, its sad to see him look so dejected, and he is a nice guy, but hes waiting for a big fat cheque.

I want him gone, but I really don't see how people are saying the board should do it for Martinez's sake. They should do it for the sake of the club! If its about Martinez and its so cruel, he should walk away. But he wont do that, if he waits to be fired they have to pay off his contract. Hasn't he got three years left on about £3m a year? So he may get fired with a cheque for £9,000,000. It is so cruel walk away without a penny. No sympathy here at all, its sad to see him look so dejected, and he is a nice guy, but hes waiting for a big fat cheque.

He is in a siege mentality he wont go util he is pushed. Deep down on some level he still believes he can turn it around, that all he needs is one more season and new players who will thrive under his tactics. Its like a no hope politician believing on election night that they are in with a chance. We all know its a deluded fantasy, but he doesn't.

We offered him a 5 year deal, we didn't put a break clause in. The longer this goes on the more toxic and damaging it will be for both him and us, and Lord help us if he is still here on Sunday, I don't think anyone will want to be at Goodison for that car crash.

The board must do the right thing and sack him.

Edited by London Blue

I get your point here Steve, he can walk away but he wont and who would for a couple of million pounds.

The point I'm making here is the club should do it out of respect for him and the fans. They employed him they should end it,, we need to behave with more dignity than to hang him out to dry like this, the board fucked up hiring him take it in the chin and sack him pay him off and move on.

Mit's doing absolutely no good for the club having a stand off with him and leaving him exposed to abuse and vitrol from the fans.

We're surely better than that.

Guest rusty747

I know we shouldn't but BBC Sports are running a competitionto describe your teams season in limerick form.

I offered this.

Everton wins are now sparse

The Catalan clown is a farce

His brown shoes can't hide

A shit of a side

So now he is out on his arse!

Can't see it being published somehow!

Martinez - Direction?

Looks like it's out of the door.

Frank De Boer has just resigned as Ajax manager. It looks like it could be on boys!!!

Midnight it was announced. I tried to use my betfair account to get money on him at 5/1 at the time and it's not worth it now.

He should take a minimum payoff after failing so miserably. 2 million and shake hands and walk away. If he claims all those wages he should be ashamed of himself. Football eh, the only thing in the world where you are rewarded massively for being a complete disaster in your job.