IGNORED

Martinez - Direction?

MC11

This is my big concern. Nothing has changed in that respect.

Mori is doing great but he can only be one person.

Need a tough no nonsense defender and a keeper.

Do you know what would be fantastic seeing as it's painfully obvious we can't defend crosses? Stop as many of them coming in as possible. We barely make an attempt to stop them and it pisses me off.

Despite the recent run of clean sheets our defending is generally shambolic. We know it isn't the players because the majority of our back four were part of a very good defence under Moyes. It is how we set up. The fact that we play two shielding midfielders and still look so porous is a complete joke. Does anyone see any of that changing?

Matt - yes good point besic for stones was nice.

Romey - we were up 1-0 at home something that is foreign to us this season so yes I'd say it was an improvement on 0-1 or 0-0. Stones has no confidence he needs either more game time or to be benched and sold.galloway could be nice in that back 3 as well.

To everyone in the ground it was obvious that all three of them, but Stones in particular, didn't have a fucking clue where they were supposed to be! Their shape was shambolic. So the score may have been an improvement but it sure as shit wasn't because we were playing 343, it was in spite of it.

stop applying logic!!!

What do I know eh? Martinez is paid the big money to make these big decisions.

By his logic the point today was more important getting three. I base that on him only deciding to shut the game up once we'd been pegged back to 2-2.

There will be many sarcastic posts by me in the coming days so I apologise in advance, but I'm fucking livid.

What do I know eh? Martinez is paid the big money to make these big decisions.

By his logic the point today was more important getting three. I base that on him only deciding to shut the game up once we'd been pegged back to 2-2.

There will be many sarcastic posts by me in the coming days so I apologise in advance, but I'm fucking livid.

Rightfully so. Up 2-0 with 20 to go agaisnt ten men shouldn't be that hard to pull off. Had 2 subs and they went belly up.

Rapidly losing faith in him now. Once again it was piss poor game management and totally baffling substitutions

Dunc, Dunc, Dunc, we lost because of the ref and Lukaku missing a penalty at 2-0 according to Martinez. And we managed the game brilliantly in his eyes.

These shouts are almost as bad as him blaming the home fans a few months ago.

Has to beat Chelsea next week in the cup or its season over and possibly game over for roberto I think!

The only thing that can save his job is to win the cup. Even then I'm in two minds as to whether I'd want him to get another shot at fucking up a season for us.

Sooner or later we're just going to have to face facts. He's just not that good a manager. Bilic, Pochettino, Ranieri, even Mark Hughes... they're all making Martinez look like an utter clown and our club is falling behind.

Even if he wins the cup it won't solve the underlying problems. That is our defence lacks confidence and we can't manage games. Both are down to him, I think he's a great guy, and has transformed the way we play football which is pleasing on the eye, and we score allot of goals. If he can sort those problems out, which I hope he does we will succeed. Time however is running out, do we give him till the end of the season to prove himself, or give him one more season with a decent transfer kitty?

I want him to succeed but he needs to be honest with us, the players and himself about the reasons for our failures and take action to put it right.

Even if he wins the cup it won't solve the underlying problems. That is our defence lacks confidence and we can't manage games. Both are down to him, I think he's a great guy, and has transformed the way we play football which is pleasing on the eye, and we score allot of goals. If he can sort those problems out, which I hope he does we will succeed. Time however is running out, do we give him till the end of the season to prove himself, or give him one more season with a decent transfer kitty?

I want him to succeed but he needs to be honest with us, the players and himself about the reasons for our failures and take action to put it right.

I don't think he's capable of any of that. All I see happening if he stays is our most promising players leave and we watch a wonderful opportunity slip away.

Martinez is just an incredible manager - we just got a bit unlucky today. Oh, and unlucky on the other 15 matches we should have won. He just needs more time- let's give him until 2023 - I'm sure he'll sort it out by then. Bottom half of the table (again) isn't that bad, c'mon!! But anyway, we are so lucky to have him here at EFC!!!!

I am so done with this clown - have been since last season. His ass needs to GO now. He is ruining this club. We need a 6-nil lead with 10 minutes to go in order to secure a match these days. I really think he is getting his substitution choices from some 'Random Sub Generator App' from the app store, because no manager in his right mind could come up with these bizarre sceanrios on their own. He is a total delusional clown. I am fucking DONE.

PS - 4 home wins since April, 2015. Yes folks, that is 11 months. Good enough for you? Nor for me.

Edited by chalkpie

I'm convinced he'd decided before the game that Niasse was going to come on for Lennon, no matter the situation of the game.

Why would you not use him against Villa when we were 3-0 up and they're one of the worst sides you'll be unlucky enough to watch? But you do use him against West Ham while we're down to 10 men, he'll be nowhere near fit (evident from his showing) and we're going to need players who are energised and disciplined?

I still can't work out that sub.

We have good enough attacking players to change two wing backs who are better at attacking than defending, for proper left and right backs who are better at defending than at attacking - taller stronger players with speed who can physically challenge strikers and help defending in the air - both things which our small wing backs battle with -

and then Martinez should get some clever guy to help him managing the game and make substitutions - he seems lost in that department since the Naismith and Osman days -

and someone to show him how to get the most out of Deulefeu and Mirallas - our 2 most creative players

I'm convinced he'd decided before the game that Niasse was going to come on for Lennon, no matter the situation of the game.

Why would you not use him against Villa when we were 3-0 up and they're one of the worst sides you'll be unlucky enough to watch? But you do use him against West Ham while we're down to 10 men, he'll be nowhere near fit (evident from his showing) and we're going to need players who are energised and disciplined?

I still can't work out that sub.

He'd also clearly made up his mind that Stones was going to play no matter what, even if it meant shifting to an unfamiliar formatiin with the lad still clearly rank out of form. And for what? If he still believes he can keep Stones here next season he really is in gaga land.

Best scenario for me now? Martinez and Stones both go in the summer and we get a winner in with the kitty to add some steel to this bunch of flops.

All ifs buts and maybes but it's pretty damning how we've let so many games slip

That's a lot of ifs and buts... this season has been a massive lost opportunity for us. Martinez should be judged pure and simply on his ability to deliver silverware and European football. Notwithstanding we're in the cup, if he can't deliver Europe in a seaon where we have thrown away 10 points from winning positions in the last ten minutes of games and Leicester sit top of the pile, how can we have any faith that he will do so next season with a resurgent Chelsea, Man City and possibly Man Utd buoyed by new management and huge transfer spends, and the likes of West Ham, Spurs and Liverpool all with better/more successful managers than ours? It just isn't going to happen, he had his chance to make a mark this seaon and has fucked it up.