IGNORED

Martinez - Direction?

MC11

Newty, don't forget we have almost 30,000 season ticket holders. Doesn't matter how bad it is, if you've paid for the ticket already most will still turn up. Villa took a few years on the decline with no sign of hope before their fans started to give up en mass.

I think it's 27,000? Still leaves 10,000 paying fans who are still turning up week after week. The example of Villa is from this season only. You can see their attendances started off decent but quickly declined as the season went on.

It's just a small point. People who are 'ok' don't tend to scream and shout about it, people who are disgruntled do tend to scream n shout about it...that's not just Evertonians by the way...that's just a life habit of us as people.

While I'm certainly not in the Martinez out camp, I'm not far off joining the Martinez must go camp.

The negativity surrounding his position means something has to change, and that's either we start winning or he accepts the situation and walks for the good of the club.

All I can say is that I've given him time after a very good first season. Lessons do not seem to be learned and to me he is arrogant and deluded in thinking he can repeat the same sort of principles and tactics that clearly do not work as they should.

Edited by Hafnia

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/roberto-martinez-warns-everton-stars-11068025

It's funny that while there are complaints that the fans are only blaming Martinez that he continues to blame everyone/everything but himself for things. Until he realises that he is part of our problems we'll never move forward.

“I think mentally we didn’t enjoy our performance, I think don’t think mentally we enjoy playing at home and today that affected our performance."

Does he forget that we played Chelsea in the FA Cup at home last game?

EDIT:-

I just read that article again - sack him now. Disgusting, so its something between the fans and the players that's the issue and not him?

That's proper annoyed me - that's that, pack your bags Roberto. Moshiri if he is as bright as his portfolio suggests will be looking for a replacement manager immediately.

Edited by Hafnia

He needs to look in the mirror and tell himself he needs to improve or he will will his place. It's beyond a joke at this point. What worries me is the prospect of keeping him if we do indeed win the cup. But we play good attacking football with Martinez, right? Do we really? Can somebody show me where the good, attacking football was against Arsenal? Its goes beyond just tightening up the defence. We had the attitude of a newborn kitten looking for the nipple. Wait, do kittens really suck the nipple? OK, we'll go with it. Bah humbug.

Wigan 2.0.

Yes we do play attacking football, so attacking that despite be leaky as fuck we still have a goal difference of a top 6 side.

The problem is Chach that there really is not much time left for him now. The turn of events with the new owner (pretty much will be) has dramatically changed the climate of the club for the better.

I have defended and defended him - not in ignorance but in hope. That hope has all but gone now and I feel that he has done too much reputational damage for the players to have faith in his methods. You simply can not be a manager who allows his team to lose so many games at home, throw away so many points from winning positions and retain an air of authority that will make multi millionaire footballers listen and believe in you.

I have watched him over the last few weeks and the final straw was the pathetic blame he attached to the fans and the players. He's desperate now - regardless of what happens in the fa cup I want a new manager.

Everton is always the priority with me, not the employees.

Iv always been a Martinez supporter but iv lost faith now too. Before the investment i thought he was the best we could go for and his signings were very positive. Now with the investment we need to aim higher. He has lost the fans and i think he has lost the players to an extent also.

I think its time for a change.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/roberto-martinez-warns-everton-stars-11068025

It's funny that while there are complaints that the fans are only blaming Martinez that he continues to blame everyone/everything but himself for things. Until he realises that he is part of our problems we'll never move forward.

good to see beneath all the bull shit and positivity he's just a stubborn guy who blames everyone but himself. the real roberto emerges. no thanks.

It's a good honest interview. The players need to step up. So does he of course.

I don't agree with the views that he is blaming the fans at GP. There clearly is an anxious feeling around GP that the players feel and will find it tough to block out (11 vs 37,000...you're bound to feel it!!!). But what I do think is that he needs to find the remedy as to why that anxiety exists. And if he is unwilling to change to find that remedy then the anxiety will continue and we will continue shipping in goals at GP and giving away points. Which will lead to him losing his job.

He has to tweak his style. If he wants to stay at this club and be the man who guides us into the next era, he has to accept that his way is not working. It works brilliantly away from home...now fix it for games at GP.

Anyone now think it was strange that Bill gave Roberto a vote of confidence in front of the cameras after the FA Cup game...

Er....no. We'd just beaten Chelsea to reach Wembley. What was he supposed to say? "OK Wembley here we come, cracking day and the ground was bouncing but Roberto's future is still in the balance" :huh:.

Newty people are looking for it now though.

Trying to pick apart interviews,looking at body language..that's not there.

And they have a right to, be it fair or not. He's brought it on himself though.

Yeah definately. That's been going on for a while though.

retain an air of authority

I agree and this is the key point, he had zero authority when he got here. An FA cup with Wigan was hardly going to have the masses enthralled. We have won the odd thing in the past.

I'm happy for him to go as long as that is the consensus among the squad, I'd be happier knowing he had really lost the dressing room, mainly because exactly this time last year Leicester were on 19 points and scrapping to stay up ( I know they got a new manager but they started this winning streak under the old one) we've got the nucleus of a great team and if the team haven't given up on the Martinez experiment (I'm not sure they have) not sure why we would.

Edited by Chach

Anyone now think it was strange that Bill gave Roberto a vote of confidence in front of the cameras after the FA Cup game...

To be honest - not really. The "Sack Martinez" threads were also pretty quiet, as is usually the case after we win a match. I made sure I upset the apple cart by continually renouncing my support for Martinez even while he was a temporary hero ;).

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35739244

Now there's a manager for you - everything Martinez isn't and never will be. Double training sessions in February? On their wages it should be a given. And I wonder how the Everton boys compare with Spurs lot when they meet up for England duty, do they have that same drive, professionalism and taste for the battle Neville sees in the young Spurs players? I doubt it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - a manager's biggest asset is his ability to get into players' heads and make them winners. Martinez just doesn't have that about him.

Sitting on the Tarmac in Seattle so will be brief. If you ask me, psychology has kicked in. The team have all eyes on the FA cup. They're no longer focused on the league. That's not good and there's no excuse, but that's what is happening. It's tough to overcome that mentality.

How do you explain the terrible performances we've put in throughout the season?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35739244

Now there's a manager for you - everything Martinez isn't and never will be. Double training sessions in February? On their wages it should be a given. And I wonder how the Everton boys compare with Spurs lot when they meet up for England duty, do they have that same drive, professionalism and taste for the battle Neville sees in the young Spurs players? I doubt it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - a manager's biggest asset is his ability to get into players' heads and make them winners. Martinez just doesn't have that about him.

Yep we missed out on him and ranieri. Sounds class having the guys shake hands as well.

Ranieri was a joke of an appointment at the time. A lot of people thought they'd be guaranteed relegation candidates. He's proved everybody wrong however, so credit to him. I doubt he'll have the same success at other clubs in the league.

Just the right manager, with the right players, at the right time.

Ranieri was a joke of an appointment at the time. A lot of people thought they'd be guaranteed relegation candidates. He's proved everybody wrong however, so credit to him. I doubt he'll have the same success at other clubs in the league.

Just the right manager, with the right players, at the right time.

I don't think it's all down to Ranieri, Leicester have been in this kind of form since Christmas 2014

I don't think it's all down to Ranieri, Leicester have been in this kind of form since Christmas 2014

Not the case, they were still bottom a year ago today having taken nineteen points from twenty-nine games (and two from the previous six). Season turned around in April.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2014-2015/table/2015-03-22