IGNORED

Martinez - Direction?

MC11

Similar to Lukaku's goal is Martinez's management... why the fuck can't you do that more often? Why is great so far removed from the disappointing .

I think Martinez felt pressure to behave himself. Still... why bring on Stones???? Pointless sub.

Yeah, this is the frustration. Why are we so indifferent? It's as if the team gets too comfortable, too confident, maybe too cocky.

As for the Stones sub. Well, we were 2 up, just lost Barry...time to lock up the game. Isn't that what we want him to do?!!

Yeah. He made a right whopper of a clearance...that effort over his head that just looped up and up?!! The lad is gonna need a bit of rebuilding I think.

If Martinez wants Stones to stay he better give him some chances, I'm sure he thinks Funes Mori and Jagielka look great but Stones is the 3rd and will want play time. An injury to Jagielka should not mean a huge crisis anymore.

If Martinez wants Stones to stay he better give him some chances, I'm sure he thinks Funes Mori and Jagielka look great but Stones is the 3rd and will want play time. An injury to Jagielka should not mean a huge crisis anymore.

Eh? He had loads of chances!!!

Who you gonna drop to put him in?

Eh? He had loads of chances!!!

Who you gonna drop to put him in?

The lad needs to earn his spot when given an opportunity. He was abysmal before his injury, was shoehorned back in once fit again and still looked abysmal. His role is to be a bench player until a chance presents itself.

For the record we could win the FA cup and the BPL and I still want Martinez sacked. Just sayin' ....so some of us don't get accused of being 'Finger-on-the-trigger-sackers' only when we lose. Done with Stones too. Love Lennon. I miss Gerry. I also love pizza.

That's just very strange.

That's just very strange.

Newt, will it still be strange if we are sitting 12th again (or thereabouts) next season at around this time? Wasn't supposed to happen last season and it did. Still happening now. Why should I believe any differently that it won't happen again?

For the record we could win the FA cup and the BPL and I still want Martinez sacked. Just sayin' ....so some of us don't get accused of being 'Finger-on-the-trigger-sackers' only when we lose. Done with Stones too. Love Lennon. I miss Gerry. I also love pizza.

so a manager delivers the league and cup double and you would want him sacked?

OK let me retract my statement and alter it: IF we win both I'll back him, give him 100% support, and he stays. Ain't gonna happen, but I'll give him that. I guess my pessimism is based on history with this guy, and I predict we will be lucky to break the Top 8, but I would love to be proved wrong. Maybe this whole thing is a reverse psychology Jedi mind trick, and you guys are reading too far into it. Everybody thought Yoda was crazy whn you first met him.....wait was he? :)

Let me ask you guys this question: Is winning the Cup enough to back Martinez for another entire season?

OK let me retract my statement and alter it: IF we win both I'll back him, give him 100% support, and he stays. Ain't gonna happen, but I'll give him that. I guess my pessimism is based on history with this guy, and I predict we will be lucky to break the Top 8, but I would love to be proved wrong. Maybe this whole thing is a reverse psychology Jedi mind trick, and you guys are reading too far into it. Everybody thought Yoda was crazy whn you first met him.....wait was he? :)

Let me ask you guys this question: Is winning the Cup enough to back Martinez for another entire season?

Its enough to give him till Jan 2017 and see how he does in the close season, pre season, and first 4 months.

Newt, will it still be strange if we are sitting 12th again (or thereabouts) next season at around this time? Wasn't supposed to happen last season and it did. Still happening now. Why should I believe any differently that it won't happen again?

I believe we were saying the same things about Davey boy in 2012. "Maybe 1 more season to see if he comes right'.

I'm not proposing we dump Bobby (although I wanted to dump Moyes) right now, but his record does not stand much harsh examination and his sub policies are as strange, or stranger than Moyes'.

It may be better to get rid in the close season and start afresh next campaign, I don't know.........just saying.

I don't think you can quantify a period of time, be it a whole season or four months. The board back him until they have no more faith in him.....for two months, three years or (as people were suggesting two years ago) he resigns and takes over at Barcelona.

Ha! But then you'd have a case...if he won the league and FA Cup (as you said in your original comment i replied to!)...he's had a blinder and talk of him being the wrong man would be idiotic.

Two totally different scenarios.

Edited by Newty82

Ah, you've retracted a statement you clearly realise was a bit dumb to make!!!

For your question...I think your asking that from your own assumption that we will finish around 10th - 12th. Where as as it stands it's hard to finish 5th but by no means impossible. It's still possible to finish 6th. And realistic. We can very very realistically win the FA Cup...so we could be looking at a season where we finish 6th, semis of league cup and winners of FA Cup. When was the last time we had a season like that?

This is why I keep saying I'll look at it at the end of the season. Far too many ifs and buts right now. It's a crazy season for a fair few teams with plenty of twists and turns to come.

Ah, you've retracted a statement you clearly realise was a bit dumb to make!!!

For your question...I think your asking that from your own assumption that we will finish around 10th - 12th. Where as as it stands it's hard to finish 5th but by no means impossible. It's still possible to finish 6th. And realistic. We can very very realistically win the FA Cup...so we could be looking at a season where we finish 6th, semis of league cup and winners of FA Cup. When was the last time we had a season like that?

This is why I keep saying I'll look at it at the end of the season. Far too many ifs and buts right now. It's a crazy season for a fair few teams with plenty of twists and turns to come.

Newt Gingrich - you give me too much credit my man! Of course it was a stupid thing to say, and I'll be the first to admit it. Remember:

1) Its not the first stupid thing I've ever said

2) Its not the last stupid thing I'll ever say

3) I actually enjoy eating crow in some deranged way :)

However, I love this club as much as the rest of you turkeys and my gut tells me Roberto is not the ideal Captain to steer this ship any longer. But whomever thinks I keep saying David Moyes is popping too many gummi bears - never mentioned him once - Moyes can go ride a tricycle naked in a potato field as far I'm concerned. I don't have the answer, but if they pay me a large sum I'll give you one. As far as finishing, I sure hope you're right on that one brother!

I don't think you can quantify a period of time, be it a whole season or four months. The board back him until they have no more faith in him.....for two months, three years or (as people were suggesting two years ago) he resigns and takes over at Barcelona.

Are you serious about the Barca thing?