• Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

Spot in.

MC for the 20th time he didn't sign anyone at real or man city. They have sporting directors. He was given shite like mangala otamendi demichellis etc. when he did sign players at Villarreal and Malaga he had Diego godin cazorla and many other top players he signed before they were good.

Of course he had input in signings. Demichelis indicates a lot in that.

Txiti bergistain does all their signings go on your blue moon and read. He's former barca guy and the reason they got guardiola, they're old pals.

Seems odd Pellegrini signed Demichelis for Malaga but then had no input in taking him to the Etihad. Very strange. He also inherited Carzorla at Villarreal.

Edited by MC11

Nutural comment here...I'm not sure a 'Director of Football' just goes out and purchases players without any input from the manager, or 'coach'. I'm pretty sure that a list of targets is drawn up and then the Director bloke goes and deals with it, allowing the Manager to concentrate on the football, or coach them!

Nutural comment here...I'm not sure a 'Director of Football' just goes out and purchases players without any input from the manager, or 'coach'. I'm pretty sure that a list of targets is drawn up and then the Director bloke goes and deals with it, allowing the Manager to concentrate on the football, or coach them!

You'd be surprised. Remember Leonardo and villas boas at Spurs? The bale money? How about Kinnear and Pardew at Newcastle?

Happens all the time newts which is why it's an antiquated setup.

Mark you're basing a lot of this on hear say. i think the Demichelis signing certainly points towards Pellegrini rather than this other guy. He signed him at Malaga and was a pretty strange transfer altogether considering the other players they could have got.

Pellegrini certainly outlined players he was interested in at the very least.

Are you even surprised? I've seen people on there responding to players' tweets with 'can you tell Kenwright to sack Martinez please?' Like they'd really do that. "Oh hay thar Bill / Farhad, some guy on Twitter told me to tell you to get rid of our manager." Robles barely speaks English, ffs (which makes me wonder how he manages to control his defenders, though he is getting better).

I want him directing nothing!

If they're talking to him about any sort of return then we're as clueless as we were before Moshiri arrived.

I don't want him anywhere near us either, especially the way he left last time.

What I mean is I don't think they'll entertain bringing him back as manager but if the rumours of us talking to him are true it'll probably be for advice on next manager or at a pusg as DoF.

Hopefully we've not even spoken to him. You know if soft arse Kenwright had the say he'd already be back here now. The difference in attitude since Moshiri has arrived is already apparent, the stadium seems to be progressing more in the last 2 months than it has in 20 years and we look to finally have ambition instead of sentimentality and pipe dreams.

Let's just sell Rom, keep the money and put Moshiri up front.

So far the guy seems to be doing all the work on his own.

Bill got so lucky when he walked through the door didn't he.

Or maybe it was very smart work by Bill and he now has decent help, and we're reaping the rewards from it?

Though we're still in the same position as last year at the moment.

Giggs has the personality of a freshly dug up potato the only ex United player I'd have as a number 2 is Gary Neville the rest are living off name and past glories

Gary Neville would never come to a team in Liverpool he's an arsehole manc who hates every one of us!! Remember him kicking the ball at a kid in the family enclosure and running the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of the Gwladys Street!!

Gary Neville would never come to a team in Liverpool he's an arsehole manc who hates every one of us!! Remember him kicking the ball at a kid in the family enclosure and running the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of the Gwladys Street!!

I kinda admired that stuff... last time we had a player like that was Cahill.