• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

Can all the has been's and never will be's please stay the fuck away from our club!

I love and hate the media speculation with equal facination, but this the return of Moyes (thanks for your past efforts but we have moved on) and being linked to Giggs (Never will amount to anything as a manager), is doing my nut in.

For me it must be down do Pellagrini or De Boer.

The problem with Pelligrini is that he may view the Everton job as a sinecure. It is quick, it is convenient (he doesn't have to move house) but he will inevitably see it as a step down. He most certainly won't see it as a long-term commitment. We need someone for the long-term.

The problem with Pelligrini is that he may view the Everton job as a sinecure. It is quick, it is convenient (he doesn't have to move house) but he will inevitably see it as a step down. He most certainly won't see it as a long-term commitment. We need someone for the long-term.

He'll also have a point to prove to City and the rest of the people who wrote him off for Guardiola.

It's abit presumptuous to assume his thinking on it (if true) when non of us know him or his drive and ambitions

We are bound to be seen as step down from the outside as the man's managed Real and City not many clubs you can move to after those that would be regarded as otherwise

I doubt convenience really comes into many multi millionaires minds he's old enough and rich enough to retire so if anything it tells me he still has an abition and a drive to manage

He's stated he wants a project were potentially just that and I know he's not the youngest but he's the type that could build a fantastic base for another to eventually take over

John, we have no idea what Pelligrini would think of the job at Everton, as he hasn't commented on it publicly. Maybe he shares the view you've imputed on him. Maybe he would look at the available funds and see an opportunity to build something of his own without the absurd expectations of and hassles created by Man City's ownership.

I think many of us have absorbed the self-deprecating worldview that proliferated during and before Moyes' tenure, even while we have been disgusted with the "small club" and "penknives to gun fights" discourse. The English press seems to only further this as an everyday experience of Everton for many, I think. But, our club (regardless of where we finished in the table this season) looks to be a very enticing offer, I'd reckon. Large amounts of £££ for transfers, a greater modicum of control, a top league, and nice salaries for prospective managers. There can't be many better jobs out there in the world right now.

John he managed at Malaga after Real Madrid and did well. He's not pompous like football managers nowadays he's very humble and normal. He was the most un Real Madrid and un man city manager. Was a center back and engineer by trade , he just wants to manage and work.

Malaga is a tiny club with a tiny budget. It's not about the money for him.

Edited by markjazzbassist

John he managed at Malaga after Real Madrid and did well. He's not pompous like football managers nowadays he's very humble and normal. He was the most un Real Madrid and un man city manager. Was a center back and engineer by trade , he just wants to manage and work.

Malaga is a tiny club with a tiny budget. It's not about the money for him.

Malaga had just been bought by a Qatari who injected millions into the transfer budget when he took over. Then the money was pulled a few seasons later.

I like Pellegrini as a man. Seems a genuine nice fellow but don't think he has the ambition or drive anymore to try and take this club to the next level. To be fair, the same was said about Ranieri (This won't be the last time that's said)

Pellegrini would be such a shite appointment. City haven't been exciting under him at all. Despite having world class players. City fans wanted rid of him 18 months ago.

Yes, they wanted rid of the man who a year earlier had won them the Premier League title during an actually competitive season (i.e before Chelsea were crap). This says more about City fans than it does about Pellegrini.

I'd love him here, and frankly it's madness to say that a man who managed Real Madrid not long ago, and won the Premier League 2 seasons ago, would be a "shite appointment" for Everton. Forget what entitled fans say on Bluemoon, listen to what world class players who have played for him say instead. They all praise him.

Edited by Isaiah

Yes, they wanted rid of the man who a year earlier had won them the Premier League title during an actually competitive season (i.e before Chelsea were crap). This says more about City fans than it does about Pellegrini.

I'd love him here, and frankly it's madness to say that a man who managed Real Madrid not long ago, and won the Premier League 2 seasons ago, would be a "shite appointment" for Everton. Forget what entitled fans say on Bluemoon, listen to what world class players who have played for him say instead. They all praise him.

Good post Issak mate, good post.

Forget what they say about Pellegrini on Blue moon...check what they say about Everton. Them fuckers have real short memories. No wonder they've forgotten what Pellegrini has won there!!!

On a serious note...there is some concern about his defensive set up.

I dunno...do we want an attacking manager or a defensive manager? Because it seems with De Boer and Pellegrini, we'll get one or the other but not both.

Forget what they say about Pellegrini on Blue moon...check what they say about Everton. Them fuckers have real short memories. No wonder they've forgotten what Pellegrini has won there!!!

On a serious note...there is some concern about his defensive set up.

I dunno...do we want an attacking manager or a defensive manager? Because it seems with De Boer and Pellegrini, we'll get one or the other but not both.

He's won two league cups and league title with the biggest budget in football. He's made some really poor signings too. The spine of that team was built by Mancini. Don't rate the guy at all, they've gone backwards every season since he's been there. Similar to Martinez.

I'd much rather take a punt on De Boer who's ability is pretty much an unknown. I just don't see Pellegrini here and hopefully neither does the board.

He didn't have full control of transfers apparently if the director of football set up is as we believe it to be

I think he'd be ideal to build us into a much more solid and competitive team instill a winning mentality and so on then move on, I know we don't know how it would pan out with any manager coming in down the line but I personally feel he's the right man to take us to the next level

Can the Echo not employ someone with a slight grasp on literacy?

"Everton chairman Bill Kenwright and chief investor Farhad Moshiri always want to talk with former Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini and current Southampton manager Ronald Koeman.
And the Blues are also still interested in Sevilla head coach Unai Emery, despite the Spanish side insisting he recently side a new deal to stay at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan."

Spot in.

MC for the 20th time he didn't sign anyone at real or man city. They have sporting directors. He was given shite like mangala otamendi demichellis etc. when he did sign players at Villarreal and Malaga he had Diego godin cazorla and many other top players he signed before they were good.