• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

Well, allegedly we have already spoken to Pellegrini. He wants to stay in the Premier League and in the North West. That's all well and good but I don't want him coming to Everton just so he doesn't need to move house.

If he is genuinely excited at the possibility of managing our great club then I would be very happy to see him here.

On a more worrying note, Moyes has just ruled himself out of the running for the Villa gig!

Agree but i imagine for him its more of a bonus than an actual reason.

Emery isnt for me, His Europa League record is great but Sevilla have been woeful in the league this season. No wins away and some heavy defeats. Seems focused on silverware which is fine if your league form doesn't suffer.

Finishing seventh in the league is woeful, especially considering the top three is pretty much nailed on?

Then he's a fool. Just been taken over with money to spend. An opportunity to build a project and get his respect back.

He's looking for a comfortable big gig.

I wish he would be employed by someone as the more he's out of a job I'm petrified that he'll be approached by us. I know he's down the list but I bet Kenwright has mentioned him to Moshiri and probably tried everything to convince him that he's the man. Villa would have been perfect for him.

You must be very demanding if 7th + EL win + CDR final is woeful.

But must still be a bit frustrating when it was hampered by only taking nine points from fifty-seven available on the road? Could've been fourth with a still relatively awful away record.

Does that not smell of a manager sticking with plan A when it's obviously not working? Don't know because I've not watched the games but it'd be a worry for me.

But must still be a bit frustrating when it was hampered by only taking nine points from fifty-seven available on the road? Could've been fourth with a still relatively awful away record.

Does that not smell of a manager sticking with plan A when it's obviously not working? Don't know because I've not watched the games but it'd be a worry for me.

Apparently he rested players in the away matches to concentrate on the cups.

And don't know about you but I'd rather Everton the EL finishing seventh.

mike i think you're missing the point. there are 3 things to acheieve in the league. win the league, champions league place, europa league place. Number 1 wasn't possible but by winning the Europa cup he acheived both 2 and 3 without having to do anything other than stay up in the league (which he did). Had he gone for Number 1 he would have fallen out of Europa and possibly not gotten CL.

The cup win was the better strategy for a team that size. It paid off.

mike i think you're missing the point. there are 3 things to acheieve in the league. win the league, champions league place, europa league place. Number 1 wasn't possible but by winning the Europa cup he acheived both 2 and 3 without having to do anything other than stay up in the league (which he did). Had he gone for Number 1 he would have fallen out of Europa and possibly not gotten CL.

The cup win was the better strategy for a team that size. It paid off.

Not missing the point at all; just making an alternative one.

Ridiculous suggestion and condescending also.

what does 4th offer that's better than winning the europa cup?

If you can't understand the frustrations for the away support of spending a fortune following the club around the country for eight months and having nothing to celebrate then there's no hope for you. Certainly they'll be happy with winning Europa, not suggesting otherwise, but they've had nineteen nights of expensive disappointment to cope with as well.

Could/should have been better.

They were lucky Liverpool imploded in the second half.

There is practically no away support in Spain so that point is moot.

And lucky? So you think Emery did nothing at halftime?

But I get it, you want a British manager, someone dependable like Moyes or Hughes instead of one of these fancy-pansy Johnny Foreigners.

Edited by Makis

There is practically no away support in Spain so that point is moot.

And lucky? So you think Emery did nothing at halftime?

But I get it, you want a British manager, someone dependable like Moyes or Hughes instead of one of these fancy-pansy Johnny Foreigners.

Not at all; quote me where I've said that.

Complete rubbish.

Jesus there's a lot of bollocks being spouted on here today.

I think with Emery too much focus is on this season and this away form thing. Has it happened before? Nope. Seems to be a one off.

Winning the Europa is nothing to be sniffed at. Winning it 3 times on the bounce is brill.

Before he took over 3 years ago, Sevilla had 'done an Everton' and finished way below expectations 2 years on the bounce, down in 9th. He's had 2 5th and a 7th.

Look beyond that too. He took over a very troubled Valencia side that was looking at relegation and financial meltdown. Took them to 6th and then, despite losing top name players, 3rd 3 years on the bounce.

And before that he's had a couple of promotions and above expectation league finishes.

And the bloke is only 44!

To write him off just because his away record was crap this season alone would be the same as writing Mourinho off because he had a bad few months at Chelsea.

He's probably the highest calibre candidate available to us. He's achieved more than all the other realistic candidates and us younger too.