• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

De Boer wouldn't be my first choice but the one thing you know he'd do is give our kids a chance. I can only see that as a positive and it may be a big factor in the clubs thinking.

I'm in the same boat. I'm not inspired by the idea of de Boer, but I think he would be true to the club.

What's the big thing with giving the kids a go? If we've got money to spend we might as well buy some decent first teamersrather than play the youngsters. Some will be ready for sure but other won't be. We played Norwich in a nothing game kids done well. There's a difference playing week in week out against better opposition.

If he comes in and doesn't play the kids and couldn't care less.

Still can't get my head around people wanting Mourinho. Does not fit in with the ethos of the club at all, and has form losing a dressing room. Do we want to take that risk after how low morale got under Martinez?

I disagree with this 'big name' rubbish. The right man is whoever can come in, get the coaching and fitness right, foster a sense of togetherness and belief in the squad, sort out our defence and develop the talent we've clearly got coming through. Whatever that man's name, be it Howe or de Boer or Pellegrini or Unsworth, I don't give a toss about their CV or trophy cabinet - it is whether they can do the business for EFC.

I wonder, how many would have thought Pochettino 'big time' enough for EFC when he was at Southampton, or even getting sacked by Espanyol? None of us our experts here, most names are being bandied about on the strength of media profile, I just don't agree that's how it works.

What's the big thing with giving the kids a go? If we've got money to spend we might as well buy some decent first teamersrather than play the youngsters. Some will be ready for sure but other won't be. We played Norwich in a nothing game kids done well. There's a difference playing week in week out against better opposition.

If he comes in and doesn't play the kids and couldn't care less.

Because Real, City, Chelsea and PSG aside, top clubs understand the value of developing and promoting your own talent.

Still can't get my head around people wanting Mourinho. Does not fit in with the ethos of the club at all, and has form losing a dressing room. Do we want to take that risk after how low morale got under Martinez?

I disagree with this 'big name' rubbish. The right man is whoever can come in, get the coaching and fitness right, foster a sense of togetherness and belief in the squad, sort out our defence and develop the talent we've clearly got coming through. Whatever that man's name, be it Howe or de Boer or Pellegrini or Unsworth, I don't give a toss about their CV or trophy cabinet - it is whether they can do the business for EFC.

I wonder, how many would have thought Pochettino 'big time' enough for EFC when he was at Southampton, or even getting sacked by Espanyol? None of us our experts here, most names are being bandied about on the strength of media profile, I just don't agree that's how it works.

Unfortunately it does work like that. That's why there's always a manager merry go round at the top clubs. Proven success means better chance of performance. Also big names managers WILL attract big names players.

Because Real, City, Chelsea and PSG aside, top clubs understand the value of developing and promoting your own talent.

Rubbish. You'll find it hard to find any "top" club that has more than 2 or 3 academy players playing in their first team and consistently winning things. Barcelona and Ajax maybe but unfortunately our academy's aren't even close to theirs.

Edited by MC11

Interesting to read that this guy thinks The DM position is the key to De Boers tactics. He's plays one holding midfield player.

http://www.thinkfootball.co.uk/tactical-analysis-what-is-frank-de-boers-attacking-philosophy-at-ajax/

yeah we'd finally see the Barca/Ajax 433 with one holding mid and 2 creative mids in a triangle. the MC and MJB dream, only 1 holding mid! lol

GK

Coleman Jags Mori Baines

Barry/Besic

Dowell Barkley

Gerry Lukaku Mirallas

would be devasting on the attack.

Edited by markjazzbassist

yeah we'd finally see the Barca/Ajax 433 with one holding mid and 2 creative mids in a triangle. the MC and MJB dream, only 1 holding mid! lol

GK

Coleman Jags Mori Baines

Barry/Besic

Dowell Barkley

Gerry Lukaku Mirallas

would be devasting on the attack.

I'd love to see it. Think he's going to bring some of his own players in though!

I want youth to be a focus but not by throwing them straight in the starting xi more replacing the older squad players with what we've got and then bringing in top quality elsewhere.

Kenny -> Hibbert

Davies -> Gibson

Dowell -> Osman

Swiss kid -> Pienaar

We could easily spend £20m on replacing 4 players who have barely kicked a ball between them this season (bar Osman). I'd prefer to put the trust in what we've got and spend big on improving the starting xi.

I want youth to be a focus but not by throwing them straight in the starting xi more replacing the older squad players with what we've got and then bringing in top quality elsewhere.

Kenny -> Hibbert

Davies -> Gibson

Dowell -> Osman

Swiss kid -> Pienaar

We could easily spend £20m on replacing 4 players who have barely kicked a ball between them this season (bar Osman). I'd prefer to put the trust in what we've got and spend big on improving the starting xi.

i agree. i'd like to spend big to buy a world class keeper, second striker, creative midfielder, and left winger. figure 20m each position and that's 80m with 20m still to spend of the moshiri kitty.

Rubbish. You'll find it hard to find any "top" club that has more than 2 or 3 academy players playing in their first team and consistently winning things. Barcelona and Ajax maybe but unfortunately our academy's aren't even close to theirs.

If we hope to succeed beyond our financial means, then we have to change the rules. There's little point in simply doing what the big teams do. Leicester proved that rather nicely this season.

Just not true. I named the exceptions, which teams in Europe 'consistently win things' without a strong youth policy?

Martinez's first season was good. Only saying a true quality manager does it yet on year. He may well do but after the Newcastle result we'll see.

If Mourinho walks through the door the entire mentality of the club would change overnight, he is a proven winner, top players want to play for him and I think the likes of a Stones and Lukaku would want to play for him

If Moshiri is really going to be handing out a £100m transfer kitty we need to get the next managerial position right and bringing in a thoroughbred makes perfect sense to me

I'd love to see it. Think he's going to bring some of his own players in though!

Frank de Boer used to work very well with Vernon Anita, Siem de Jong, Chirstian Eriksen, Aldeweireld, Vertonghen and Blind.

Last season captain Davy Klaassen was his favorite player and maybe Veltman and goalkeeper Cillessen. There are some great young talents as well, but i think he has got too much of an Ajax heart to take them away already (too early in their career, both for the player, but certainly for Ajax).

If there's one player form the Eredivisie he would like to take with him it would probably be FC Twente's Hakim Ziyech. But i doubt if he would like to go to Everton.

Edited by Johan

If Mourinho walks through the door the entire mentality of the club would change overnight, he is a proven winner, top players want to play for him and I think the likes of a Stones and Lukaku would want to play for him

If Moshiri is really going to be handing out a £100m transfer kitty we need to get the next managerial position right and bringing in a thoroughbred makes perfect sense to me

Have to agree with this. Not really sold it will happen but you have to ask. If they really do have 100m to spend, I want someone who will make it worthwhile. But maybe I'm still cautious because of Martinez's transfer history

Frank de Boer used to work very well with Vernon Anita, Siem de Jong, Chirstian Eriksen, Aldeweireld, Vertonghen and Blind.

Last season captain Davy Klaassen was his favorite player and maybe Veltman and goalkeeper Cillessen. There are some great young talents as well, but i think he has got too much of an Ajax heart to take them away already (too early in their career, both for the player, but certainly for Ajax).

If there's one player form the Eredivisie he would like to take with him it would probably be FC Twente's Hakim Ziyech. But i doubt if he would like to go to Everton.

What about the striker Janseen?

You won't win anything with kids....

Seriously, we have to start developing our own players, we do have a very good crop of young players, and by using them if they are good enough we will attract more quality younger players to develop.

What about the striker Janseen?

Vincent Janssen from AZ. Could be. He may be too expensive for what Ajax and PSV can/want to pay. Everton might be the right category for him to go.

Personally i doubt if he will do as well next season at another club and maybe even abroad. But that's because i'm never convinced after one good season and have seen too many examples that did not persist.

In case of Ajax players it's a bit different because i followed most of them through their youth teams as well.

4 league titles.

That is meaningless, you'd have to be an incompetent manager not to get league titles with Ajax. The idea of PSV having a better team is not true, by the way. Tactics is not the man's forte, simple as that. All he is, is authority.

Edited by Mirallas

That is meaningless, you'd have to be an incompetent manager not to get league titles with Ajax. The idea of PSV having a better team is not true, by the way. Tactics is not the man's forte, simple as that. All he is, is authority.

Meaningless? The whole club was burning during his first season. I'd call it personality instead of authority. No other coach could have achived that. Many more experienced ones totally failed at always turbulent Ajax (first championship since 2004), and 2011was extreme, even for Ajax. After that he did loose his best players each year, starting with Suarez real soon. So i think you can't deny how he build a new team each year. Not that i mind what people think of De Boer and what he's going to do now. PSV certainly this year had a better team. Almost anyone agrees. So keeping up till the last day is really good i think. Although i disagreed with some tactical choices.

Edited by Johan