• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

Koeman has said he's staying at Southampton.

What he actually said was:

""I am manager of Southampton," "Everyone knows I have one year more on my contract."

"We will sit together, analyse this season and talk about the future. That's what the news is today."

Not exactly a definitive no.

Im going to throw in a swede in the mix. Lars Lagerbäck (currently Iceland manager) will be leaving Iceland after the euros.

He is very sound in defense. And his record with Sweden and Iceland speaks for itself. Will always give better teams a run for their money.

Id like Pelligrini tho

I wouldn't turn my nose up at Koeman. I think he's done a real good job at Soton.

I remember when he was appointed but they then went and sold a load of their players and he did that spoof photo infront of the empty training ground.

So...Pellegrini, Koeman, De Boer.

Hmmmm.

I wouldn't turn my nose up at Koeman. I think he's done a real good job at Soton.

I remember when he was appointed but they then went and sold a load of their players and he did that spoof photo infront of the empty training ground.

So...Pellegrini, Koeman, De Boer.

Hmmmm.

you bring up a good point. when reading up some more on koeman i read that he's got a great sense of humour (hence the empty training ground photo). i think that is something the club could really use as well, brings a nice change of pace to the intensity of the game. mourinho also has a good sense of humour.

you bring up a good point. when reading up some more on koeman i read that he's got a great sense of humour (hence the empty training ground photo). i think that is something the club could really use as well, brings a nice change of pace to the intensity of the game. mourinho also has a good sense of humour.

I've got a cracking sense of humour.

Maybe I should apply too? Also won shit loads back in my Football Manager days..without cheating!!!

I honestly think there's only three clubs Mourinho would join and that's Man Utd, PSG and Everton. I think he has stated he wants to manage in England which would put Utd and Everton ahead of PSG. I think he's waiting to see what happens with LVG at Utd. If they sack him I think he'll go to United. If they don't, I honestly could see him agreeing to join us rather than wait another year for the Utd job. We'd be able to offer him a huge budget and a nice wage I'd imagine. It is a bit of a chess game at the moment. If Mourinho goes to Utd then it will be De Boer or Koeman who are second and third choice. If Van Gaal stays, then I think we'll make a move for Jose who is number 1 on our list. I expect nothing to be sorted until after the FA Cup final where hopefully all the above will have been decided. Imagine getting Jose though. What a statement that would be.

Edited by Geth

Has Jose stated he will stay in the prem? I can see him going to psg if the United gig doesn't happen. If he has confirmed he is staying in the prem we are a viable alternative. I've always remembered him saying years ago after a game how he wished Chelsea supporters where like evertons. Can't see it myself and think it's between pellegrini, de boer and koeman

Has Jose stated he will stay in the prem? I can see him going to psg if the United gig doesn't happen. If he has confirmed he is staying in the prem we are a viable alternative. I've always remembered him saying years ago after a game how he wished Chelsea supporters where like evertons. Can't see it myself and think it's between pellegrini, de boer and koeman

Yeah, you're probably right but stranger things have happened. Here's the link about him wanting to stay in England.

http://fansided.com/2016/02/07/jose-mourinho-manchester-united-premier-league/

Mourinho would be the ideal choice for me, one of the best in the game massive name would command respect draw top players and if he actually wanted to make a massive statement of his ability we'd be a great project to do so

The only reason I've not championed his name is I don't think there's much chance of it happening although his agent and Moshiri are apparently good friends so...... na won't happen

Pellegrini would be the best of the available bunch but the one name that's growing on me and I never thought I'd say it is Benitez, he wants to stay in the prem his family are in the area he's won trophies etc and he is a top manager

Martinez to Newcastle Benitez to Everton - very possible

Edited by EFC-Paul

Martinez to Newcastle Benitez to Everton - very possible

What are people's thoughts on Benitez?? Never mind the fact he managed Liverpool, would you have him? He's managed at the top top level, and I'm all fairness Newcastle went down but you could see a marked difference in they play after he got there(they were doomed well before he got there). You don't just manage Real Madrid by luck?

What are people's thoughts on Benitez?? Never mind the fact he managed Liverpool, would you have him? He's managed at the top top level, and I'm all fairness Newcastle went down but you could see a marked difference in they play after he got there(they were doomed well before he got there). You don't just manage Real Madrid by luck?

I'd have him. If Newcastle had hired him 5 games earlier he would have kept them up for defo.

Why not? Just out of interest? Why do you think de boer would be better than Benitez ?

Because he has an affinity to that lot. I haven't the slightest clue how De Boer would do here but just seems like someone who could do a job. I wanted Martinez so I could be wrong again.

Edited by MC11

Because he has an affinity to that lot. I haven't the slightest clue how De Boer would do here but just seems like someone who could do a job. I wanted Martinez so I could be wrong again.

Fair enough, to me he made comments in the past, but he won la lige twice, a few cups, champions league(which we keep getting reminded of) so he seems a good choice statistically, we could do a lot worse than him

Who the hell voted for Hughes in the poll? I'm not saying you're 'wrong' to want him per se, I'm just interested to know why of all the possibilities out there you want Mark Hughes.

Just to provoke a post like yours. Just surprised there was only one and it took so long. :D

He's left a mess every where he has managed. He turned Inter back into a laughing stock after Mourinho made them champions. He left the worst Liverpool squad in my lifetime (so one positive), and his success in the cup final was largely down to the endless pit of luck across the park and a sub only made because of an injury. He mismanaged Alonso, one of the best midfielders in the world, which would make me worry about our star players. Loves his favourites far too much as well, cliques manager like Martin O'Neil.

He's left a mess every where he has managed. He turned Inter back into a laughing stock after Mourinho made them champions. He left the worst Liverpool squad in my lifetime (so one positive), and his success in the cup final was largely down to the endless pit of luck across the park and a sub only made because of an injury. He mismanaged Alonso, one of the best midfielders in the world, which would make me worry about our star players. Loves his favourites far too much as well, cliques manager like Martin O'Neil.

Really?

Valencia league winners twice.

Inter, never really had a chance due to very public falling out with owners.

Chelsea, picked up after the mess of De Matteo, won the Europa league and finished 3rd in league, despite being "the Interim one"

Napoli, got them to the champs league twice and won the cup.

Real Madrid, fell out with Ronaldo.