• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

Hmmmm....who de we trust here, the Belgian or the Dutch????

simple.

in netherlands 90% of people speak dutch. 2.5% speak french.

in belgium 55% of people have dutch as first language. 36% of people have french as first language.

the dutch win :) (stats from wikipedia)

Edited by markjazzbassist

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2015/07/05/tactical-philosophy-frank-de-boer/

http://metro.co.uk/2016/05/12/five-facts-about-everton-managerial-target-frank-de-boer-after-ajax-exit-5876747/

http://www.thinkfootball.co.uk/tactical-analysis-what-is-frank-de-boers-attacking-philosophy-at-ajax/

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/four-big-reasons-frank-de-boer-man-take-spurs-next-level#:YRO7jQgNO2H1kA

had a good read on Frank De Boar as he is the leading candidate. and I like what I am reading, and am quite excited at the prospect of him coming and working with the squad.

- His passing/possession game will work well with the work our squad has put in to this aspect of the game over past few seasons

- he has defensive knowledge, that Martinez seemed to be missing,

- as a former world class centre half will have more far more backbone and grit than Martinez,

- as the former Dutch captain, I think he will look to get a strong captain on the pitch,

- track record of working well with the players at his disposal

- will be hungry to prove himself in the premiership,

- can be flexible in his tactic when required,

- is available and appears to want the Everton job

- has a winning track record, even though in a much less competitive league, but winning is winning

- I am sure he could be a 'name' big enough to sell the Everton project as the place to come to or to stay at

- the most capped outfield Dutch player and played at the highest level of the game he has work under, with and alongside some of the greats of the past decades.

I think can work with and develop the good element from Martinez's reign, but also improve the weak elements

as to the other realistic available candidates -

Pellagrini to me has under performed at Man City massively - they should have romped the league this season, they scraped in to 4th. City have gone backward under him,

Moyes - As much as I admire him, I also think going back would be a mistake.

Mourinho - would be massively expensive and just don't think he would somehow 'fit' our club.

If Mourinho walks through the door the entire mentality of the club would change overnight, he is a proven winner, top players want to play for him and I think the likes of a Stones and Lukaku would want to play for him

If Moshiri is really going to be handing out a £100m transfer kitty we need to get the next managerial position right and bringing in a thoroughbred makes perfect sense to me

Mourinho would be a huge mistake. To him, 100m is small change. He'd blow that on one player. I really don't understand why he'd be in even the top 100 candidates for the job.

Mourinho would be a huge mistake. To him, 100m is small change. He'd blow that on one player. I really don't understand why he'd be in even the top 100 candidates for the job.

I would be extremely interested to hear who the 100 managers are that you think are better

The reason people want him is because he is a proven winner, if you can even name one single manager in world football with a better track record I would like to hear it

I can accept that he isn't everybody's cup of tea but to say you can't understand why anybody would want him is ridiculous, the answer is obvious.... He is a winner

I think the thing with Mourinho is he's a bit of a wounded animal with what went on at Chelsea and with the majority of top clubs having managers in place (potentially United being one exception) he's not a great deal of choice and if he's true to his persona he will want to prove himself as the or one of the best again

We've no European football to contend with we've got a great core of young talented players and hopefully a good war chest going into the summer amongst other good prospects, we'd he pretty ideal if he really wanted a challenge and to stamp his name on world football once again

I think he'd be a great fit and choice but its obviously out of our hands and we will likely end up with Dr Boer but if I had my pick it would be Mourinho

Pressure would also be off, so he won't be expected to 'win' anything immediately (I wouldn't have thought).

Positives

+ Huge war chest for the summer coming (big influence on our squad for years to come)

+ Not high pressured

+ Could have some influences on the new stadium

+ Would be adored by most of our fans

+ Have full control of first team workings (unlike Chelsea, Inter)

+ Chance to create a legacy from this project

Negatives

- No European football this year

- Step down, not one of the current "Big clubs"

- Would have to work harder than he'd imagine

I'm not sure on Mourinho to UTD, i feel it would have been done already. Plus im not sure UTD would want all the bad media that could potentialy come with him being manager. I can imagine Bobby Charlton or even Fergie giving him the knod of approval.

Mourinho wont come here, he's using us as leverage to get the Utd job. Anybody who's pinning their hopes on him is going to be disappointed.

yep i said this earlier in the thread, we are just a bargaining chip. nothing would make me happier than to see them stay with LVG and us sign a manager and have mourinho without a job and in limbo. he's an idiot, a game winning idiot, but an idiot.

I wouldn't hire De Boer, mainly because if he doesn't have success straight away the fans will be on him immediately as he plays the same kind of conservative possession-based game as Martinez. Think it's time for more of a direct, counter-attacking manager, preferably one that also focuses on high-defensive pressure.

The reason people want him is because he is a proven winner, if you can even name one single manager in world football with a better track record I would like to hear it

I can accept that he isn't everybody's cup of tea but to say you can't understand why anybody would want him is ridiculous, the answer is obvious.... He is a winner

Just tell that to Chelsea.

His flaws have been amply revealed, and his inflated self-image is something this club doesn't need - IMO of course.

Think I'd settle on de boer if I'm honest

Settle for or want Haf?? If I'm honest I'd rather get Koeman from Southampton if we can't get Mourinho. Settling for someone isn't really what we should be considering its the first time in years we've had a sizeable amount to spend so should really set our sights higher. Just my opinion of course.

Settle for or want Haf?? If I'm honest I'd rather get Koeman from Southampton if we can't get Mourinho. Settling for someone isn't really what we should be considering its the first time in years we've had a sizeable amount to spend so should really set our sights higher. Just my opinion of course.

I think the word "settle" is due to a lack of clear quality managers. It's de boer or koeman and I would take a chance on de boer.

Opposed to stuff like MON, moyes returning, Mark Hughes then yeah.

I think the word "settle" is due to a lack of clear quality managers. It's de boer or koeman and I would take a chance on de boer.

Opposed to stuff like MON, moyes returning, Mark Hughes then yeah.

It's not good is it really I thought we'd have a choice of loads to pick from but when you actually look around its not so great!

It's not good is it really I thought we'd have a choice of loads to pick from but when you actually look around its not so great!

Anything is better than Martinez but yeah it would be great to get a sure thing... I'm not certain mourinho is anymore. It's like when Tiger Woods lost his air of invincibility... people lost that magical fear and respect.

One thing is for sure it would be brilliant or disaster.

De boer... Yeah go on.