• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

He's left a mess every where he has managed. He turned Inter back into a laughing stock after Mourinho made them champions. He left the worst Liverpool squad in my lifetime (so one positive), and his success in the cup final was largely down to the endless pit of luck across the park and a sub only made because of an injury. He mismanaged Alonso, one of the best midfielders in the world, which would make me worry about our star players. Loves his favourites far too much as well, cliques manager like Martin O'Neil.

I thought Alonso was happy and that Benitez sold him to Madrid to make room for Barry (who never came). Benitez is a dipshit when it comes to players, either way.

Really?

Valencia league winners twice.

Inter, never really had a chance due to very public falling out with owners.

Chelsea, picked up after the mess of De Matteo, won the Europa league and finished 3rd in league, despite being "the Interim one"

Napoli, got them to the champs league twice and won the cup.

Real Madrid, fell out with Ronaldo.

Valencia is arguably his only success, but he left a mess that's taken over a decade to fix.

Because he claimed he was doing a good job because he won a trophy, no one else agreed with him.

Wasn't there long enough to make his mark, and leave the usual mess.

Napoli were a very good team, should have been title contenders.

Much like he would Stones and Barkley. He can only manage hard work, and plays percentage football. I'd rather Big Sam, similar style football but more reactive and knows how to man manage the players.

I thought Alonso was happy and that Benitez sold him to Madrid to make room for Barry (who never came). Benitez is a dipshit when it comes to players, either way.

Tried to sell him to Arsenal the season before. Agree he's a dipshit though haha.

What are people's thoughts on Benitez?? Never mind the fact he managed Liverpool, would you have him? He's managed at the top top level, and I'm all fairness Newcastle went down but you could see a marked difference in they play after he got there(they were doomed well before he got there). You don't just manage Real Madrid by luck?

To me he is still just a fat Spanish waiter but if he came here and was successful in ending our trophy drought I would certainly give him a tip

Benitez just won't happen. I'm convinced De Boer ticks all boxes. Wants to come, has won things, is a big name that will attract big names.

As said previously give him a 3 year contract, see how it pans out. I personally don't want Koeman. Just doesn't suit us. Pellegrini is a walking corps.

I'm still fond of Roberto Mancini, but I don't think Internazionale would let him go, nor do I think Mancini is necessarily interested in Everton (no European football and such)... Still more realistic than Mourinho.

Edited by Mirallas

This is what I mean by betting firms being hand in hand with the sports press.

One day a story is run linking Mourinho, a flurry of bets get put on, the odds get slashed, more bets get put on. The next day 'we haven't even approached'.

Mr Betting Shop thanks Mr Sports Press because he's just made a fortune...yes sir, we will continue spending millions advertising with you.

Obviously it's exciting reading about such names, but we all know how Everton do business. We'll know at the relative last minute!

The manager is more about buying players and working on the set up.

The coaches are a lot more important these days. Get those right and the manager can use his influence to buy players and out his stamp on the style.

But any manager will fail with the wrong team behind them.

De Boer is a decent name you would think and could maybe influence some top players to come our way.

Starting to think the big name manager so we get the big players is wrong. We need the right manager to bring in the right players, I don't care how little or much they cost.

My feelings exactly. I don't care if the next manager is a name or not. I'd prefer experience, of course, which tends to come with having a "name," but this mostly has to do with the pragmatics of being tactically astute and of being able to handle professional players at a high level. The most important thing is bringing in someone who knows how to manage a team and produce sustained periods of successful results. I think we have plenty of quality in the squad. Sure, we have some dead wood and players nearing retirement who need to be replaced, but a complete overhaul isn't needed at the moment. We need someone to come in and get these players performing at the levels at which we know they're capable of. The club should bring in the best manager for the job, allow him to assess his needs for the squad and support him accordingly.

I wouldn't hire somebody who, on the interview, says: "Your entire squad is shit. Give me that £100m and I'll make you competitive. I've got the name. I'll bring in the big guns, promise." I'd prefer somebody who says: "This is how I prefer to play. There are a few spots in the squad I would like to develop for these purposes."