• Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

Just a few random observations...

- If I remember correctly, Koeman usually does much better in the second half of seasons than the first. Let's see what happens this time around. Same again this season - very good.

- Despite being 7th, we're much closer to the bottom team than to the first (the leading six distort the table). Now we're closer to the top. No longer true - very good.

- Koeman has yet to really influence a transfer window (remember - he even stayed on vacation rather than join Everton immediately). Should get credit for Schneiderlin - very good.

- We've brought three young players through this year, which is very encouraging (although I wish we'd play them more). Yes, and he's also been singing the praises recently of Pennington - very good.

- We're looking to buy a young lad from Charlton, so maybe the youth policy isn't dying after all (I was concerned about that). This has been the biggest and best turn-around for me - excellent.

- Koeman definitely has favourites, which frustrates me but it's human nature. I just hope we don't overpay for more aging Dutch players. Even here he's improved, with Joel pushing out Stekelenburg - very good.

I thought I'd revisit a post I made back in January. All positive changes.

Edited by Cornish Steve

yes thanks steve. reminds me of the NFL game where they made the jerseys all one color, except it was green versus red and colorblind people couldn't differentiate the teams. true story.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/nfl-color-rush-game-fumble-color-blind-fans/story?id=35179304

Off topic but reminds me of when snooker was on TV when most sets were still black and white. The commentary went: Griffiths is snookered on the brown which for those watching in black and white is the ball behind the pink.

also not great for those of us who are partially or fully color blind.

My dad was totally red/green colour blind but managed to blag his way through the ref's exams, told us he asked the previous candidate on his way out what colours they held up so he guessed and got it right :lol:. His career was (unsurprisingly) short lived :P.

Only did it because he had two bad leg breaks so playing days were over but still wanted to be involved.

My dad was totally red/green colour blind but managed to blag his way through the ref's exams, told us he asked the previous candidate on his way out what colours they held up so he guessed and got it right :lol:. His career was (unsurprisingly) short lived :P.

Only did it because he had two bad leg breaks so playing days were over but still wanted to be involved.

im partial color blind. can't tell the different between navy blue and black, pink and purple, some greens and reds, etc. never realized I had it until a couple years ago I took a test and failed lol. strange as I have 20/20 vision like an eagle.

im partial color blind. can't tell the different between navy blue and black, pink and purple, some greens and reds, etc. never realized I had it until a couple years ago I took a test and failed lol. strange as I have 20/20 vision like an eagle.

My dad had no idea until he was called up for national service, because for him his sight was normal. Great memories of him taking me out to the greenhouse in the garden where he grew huge amounts of tomatoes, but he needed to be told which ones were red and which were still green :).

Anyway, Keoman eh? Brilliant thread manager!

Same here - colourblind with most colours but 20/20 vision... wouldn't have it any other way. I've always found colour overrated anyway!

The plan was clearly to win the central midfield battle - an area where Spurs have so much quality. I think we'd have been better off with McCarthy in over Barry for the energy but up until their first goal the tactics looked to be working - after that we looked shaky. We could have gone like for like with a 3-5-1-1 or the 4-3-2-1 which we've been playing recently but I think we'd have been dominated in either. I'm personally not too down hearted after today - Spurs have done this to most teams at WHL this season - they simply have so much quality in all areas and in Harry Kane a striker who is bang in form.

What annoyed me today was that each of their goals were down to our carelessness. We are very much still work in progress and Spurs showed the level we need to be in the next year or two.