• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

So if Barry and Schneiderlin aren't in the pitch, who does their role? It was meant to be Gana not that anyone could tell.

He and Davies. As I said yesterday, they were out numbered and exposed against Can, Lucas and Wijnaldum as Barkley was too high up. Barry for Calvert-Lewin could have helped this.

Koeman targeted Europe this season. We're bang on target. Our defensive record has improved, our attacking record has improved, we have more points with 8 games remaining than we have amassed over each of the previous 2 seasons. We've sold some very poor/average players (more will follow in the summer). We've signed some players who have significantly improved our starting xi and signed/promoted some excellent prospects for the future who have been given opportunities in the first team.

I think he's had a pretty decent first 9 months personally.

This for me also, he got it wrong massively the other day he'll know that, it's just pot luck along with his error (imo) it was a derby game

I've said from day dot this coming summer window will be "the" indicator of his and the clubs direction

watch the press conference for man united and hear at the begining the comments on the derby, i think all the recent koeman bashing is well dealt with by him.

He can deal with the koeman bashing with what He does with the players and tactics out on the pitch - not with a microphone in front of him.

Wrong subs tonight.

Pennington proved he was nowhere near ready for Premier league football against the shite. DCL offers nothing.

Valencia or Lookman needed to run at those tired legs.

One point is almost as good as none in the position we are at the moment. we needed 3 to continue to aim any higher than a 7th place finish this season, anything above that has surly gone now.

We did well to go there and we showed a good attitude, but it wasn't to be.

Wrong subs tonight.

Pennington proved he was nowhere near ready for Premier league football against the shite. DCL offers nothing.

Valencia or Lookman needed to run at those tired legs.

One point is almost as good as none in the position we are at the moment. we needed 3 to continue to aim any higher than a 7th place finish this season, anything above that has surly gone now.

We did well to go there and we showed a good attitude, but it wasn't to be.

i thought pennington did well. its' not his fault DCL was off it, that's DCl's fault. I think after that we'll see lookman or Valencia, he ain't gonna be ok with that.

i thought pennington did well. its' not his fault DCL was off it, that's DCl's fault. I think after that we'll see lookman or Valencia, he ain't gonna be ok with that.

I thought he did well too, but I don't think he should have been brought on.

As for DCL he's not quick enough. We needed a tenacious speedster, ideally Valencia or even Lookman.

It was a poor tactical decision. I'm still not sure what DCL is specifically about.

I thought he did well too, but I don't think he should have been brought on.

As for DCL he's not quick enough. We needed a tenacious speedster, ideally Valencia or even Lookman.

It was a poor tactical decision. I'm still not sure what DCL is specifically about.

think he was meant to be another holdup man to slow it down and keep the ball. instead he loafed.

Koeman hasn't covered himself in glory last two games. Wrong formation and team at Anfield, awful subs tonight. We're going to finish 7th now, marks an improvement but could have been better.

It will be interesting to see what he does next game in defence. I'd go four at the back with Holgate at CB alongside Jags and give Kenny a go at RB. Holgate looks class to me, fast, strong, now needs to start learning his trade in his proper position. I suspect Koeman will play Pennington though, guess we'll see if he's up to it. I will take a bit of convincing.

Also, wtf is Koeman doing with Calvert-Lewis?? He's in danger of becoming a hate figure if he keeps getting played - Ron, he's not playing very well, leave him out! You have other options there ffs

Pennington ended up a good sub even though I shat myself when it was made. DCL though when we needed pace was just, well, fucked up.

Really? I thought it left us totally anaemic going forward, left Barkley and Lukaku isolated and invited an onslaught for the last half hour.

Koeman wanted to attack on the counter.

To do that you need 2 flying wingers in your front 3. Think of Ribery and Robben at Bayern, but we had Mirallas and Barkley.

We just don't have the players to take on the top sides and counter attack them. Koeman needs to find another tactic when playing top teams because surrendering possession and countering is not working.

It very rarely does work!

We just get penned back and the gap between our defence and attack becomes half a pitch!

How many times did we break out but only have Barkley and Lukaku as options? Crazy. By the time another player got up, usually Gana, United had 5 or 6 players back.

With our squad that is the problem. Okay you can keep Lukaku up there but Barkley? I haven't seen him break on a team since he scored against Newcastle. A number of times we broke on them and he dithered with the ball or was just too far away to be any use.

If you are going to play that way you need a Vardy type player who will charge into the box and full speed. We just don't have anyone who can really play that way and punish teams on the counter.

Koeman's tactics this season have been to dominate the teams below us and steal a point against the teams above us. It was that poor run from November to December where we were winless for 10 games that has been our undoing. We had a rub of favourable fixtures and we flunked them.

Enner Valencia ???

With our squad that is the problem. Okay you can keep Lukaku up there but Barkley? I haven't seen him break on a team since he scored against Newcastle. A number of times we broke on them and he dithered with the ball or was just too far away to be any use.

If you are going to play that way you need a Vardy type player who will charge into the box and full speed. We just don't have anyone who can really play that way and punish teams on the counter.

Koeman's tactics this season have been to dominate the teams below us and steal a point against the teams above us. It was that poor run from November to December where we were winless for 10 games that has been our undoing. We had a rub of favourable fixtures and we flunked them.

Sorry but that is utter rubbish. Firstly Vardy is a player who depends on his pace, tenacity and opposition standing off him to score goals.

Secondly since December we have looked so deadly on the break, I have seen us score so many goals on the counter. What we have lacked is competition in several key positions to replace tired and out of form players and push competition in the squad.

Thirdly since the New Year Barkley has been one of the leagues leaders in chances created as he got he new role and confidence.

Lastly yes we had an appalling run of games between October and December but every team has dips and we have gone an impressive run since then.

Sorry but that is utter rubbish. Firstly Vardy is a player who depends on his pace, tenacity and opposition standing off him to score goals.

Secondly since December we have looked so deadly on the break, I have seen us score so many goals on the counter. What we have lacked is competition in several key positions to replace tired and out of form players and push competition in the squad.

Thirdly since the New Year Barkley has been one of the leagues leaders in chances created as he got he new role and confidence.

Lastly yes we had an appalling run of games between October and December but every team has dips and we have gone an impressive run since then.

With Barkley I can't help but feel that if you TRY to create 100 chances, and successfully create 40, that's 60 times attempts have failed and possession has been handed over to the opposition. It looks good because the laws of averages suggest that he will have created x amount of chances, however the amount of times he's attempted to makes those chances shows how wasteful he is in possession.

He wastes possession so much during a game, which hinders the overall effort of the team.

He has picked up form, of course, it's obvious to see, and he's doing really well. But he's still a hell of a long way from being a good number 10.

With Barkley I can't help but feel that if you TRY to create 100 chances, and successfully create 40, that's 60 times attempts have failed and possession has been handed over to the opposition. It looks good because the laws of averages suggest that he will have created x amount of chances, however the amount of times he's attempted to makes those chances shows how wasteful he is in possession.

He wastes possession so much during a game, which hinders the overall effort of the team.

He has picked up form, of course, it's obvious to see, and he's doing really well. But he's still a hell of a long way from being a good number 10.

His passing average is one of the best in the team, I've just finished a 10 hour shift but I'll find the stats when I get a chance.

I don't think there has been a player who's every attempt to create a chance results in success, but you have to try or you create nothing, and Ross does try and does create.

I'm not saying he is perfect or the finished article but he does create chances and does make the team tick. I agree he is not a natural No 10, but he is a creative player who operates best when he is given a free (ish) role as an inside right.

Again, his best firm has been inside right. Not number ten.

agreed. also i dont think koeman plays him as a 10. in the dutch barca style you have 3 mids of which 1 is the sitter in front of the backline ( busquets) and 2 are more advance number 10 types creating, passing, and sending through balls (inesta, rakitic). the forward 3 all interchange and all equally share the duty to both score, link up, and assist one another. the forwards are allowed to drop deep (messi does very often) to link up and interchange. it's a very fluid formation, not a rigid 4231.

at least that's how i see it.

His passing average is one of the best in the team, I've just finished a 10 hour shift but I'll find the stats when I get a chance.

I don't think there has been a player who's every attempt to create a chance results in success, but you have to try or you create nothing, and Ross does try and does create.

I'm not saying he is perfect or the finished article but he does create chances and does make the team tick. I agree he is not a natural No 10, but he is a creative player who operates best when he is given a free (ish) role as an inside right.

This!

I lost count of the amount of times I wanted to smash my head against a wall watching Barkley (and the rest of the team tbf) under Martinez and he wouldn't even try to create a chance. It was infuriating. At least now he's having a go, playing through balls etc. Yeah, it doesn't always come off but his stats show that he's reaping the benefits. Play positive and the results will speak for themselves.

This!

I lost count of the amount of times I wanted to smash my head against a wall watching Barkley (and the rest of the team tbf) under Martinez and he wouldn't even try to create a chance. It was infuriating. At least now he's having a go, playing through balls etc. Yeah, it doesn't always come off but his stats show that he's reaping the benefits. Play positive and the results will speak for themselves.

Basics.

Football is about attrition. Anyone remember drogba clearing the stadium at Goodison? How we laughed!

Ten minutes later he hit a worksite.

Edited by Shukes