IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

6 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i forget now who bought gana but he has to be up there with coleman for deal of the decade.

Keoman was manager when we signed him but it was shortly after Martinez got the boot so possibly he'd already been identified as a target by then, don't know.

Not gonna read any posts in here just popped in to say he’s been excellent since he was refused his move- kept his head up, not sulked, his energy levels have remained consistent and he was fucking excellent again yesterday. He was everywhere, up and down the pitch and dominated the midfield. We’re so lucky to have him and we’ll struggle to replace him if he goes in the summer.

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

Not gonna read any posts in here just popped in to say he’s been excellent since he was refused his move- kept his head up, not sulked, his energy levels have remained consistent and he was fucking excellent again yesterday. He was everywhere, up and down the pitch and dominated the midfield. We’re so lucky to have him and we’ll struggle to replace him if he goes in the summer.

99.9999% of the footballing world would agree with you.  The other 0.0001% probably made a decision ages ago that he's shit and their egos can't handle being wrong so will look at anything to discredit him.

Worst player to ever wear a blue shirt apparently. 

3 hours ago, Paddock said:

Absolutely. Same here, not bothering reading the usual drivel. Same with the Silva thread a bit ago tbh.

In his role, doing what he does, the man is a key player for us.

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Given the fact the Gana has been instrumental in all of the above games can we now safely put to bed this notion that he can only perform against the lesser sides?

Most of us never had that notion I don't think and the people you're aiming this at will give you loads of "evidence" and "facts" to prove the lad is still shite.

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

We have just beaten Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd and got a very creditable draw against The Shite

Given the fact the Gana has been instrumental in all of the above games can we now safely put to bed this notion that he can only perform against the lesser sides?

We lost against a nothing team in Newcastle, only the second time in 365 games that we've not got anything after taking in a two goal lead. Got comfortably beat by a relegated Fulham. Bullied by league one Millwall. Then there's the Leicester game on new year's, fortunately I missed this one but from what I heard it was our worst performance in years. 

We've had a good spell but with a big chunk of luck given the opposition. Don't see what Gana has done in those games to get the credit. If he didn't play and Davies did we'd probably have still won them, Gana hasn't been vital in any of them. 

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

We have just beaten Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd and got a very creditable draw against The Shite

We don’t need to mate.

Gana has done a better job at that than any of us could.

7 hours ago, pete0 said:

We lost against a nothing team in Newcastle, only the second time in 365 games that we've not got anything after taking in a two goal lead. Got comfortably beat by a relegated Fulham. Bullied by league one Millwall. Then there's the Leicester game on new year's, fortunately I missed this one but from what I heard it was our worst performance in years. 

We've had a good spell but with a big chunk of luck given the opposition. Don't see what Gana has done in those games to get the credit. If he didn't play and Davies did we'd probably have still won them, Gana hasn't been vital in any of them. 

Wow!!!

😂

7 hours ago, pete0 said:

😂😂😂😂

On 22/04/2019 at 15:19, pete0 said:

If trying to get a record number of dislikes to a post was your aim with this complete and utter whopper, then you have succeeded Pete. 

It's up there with "he's the worst player to wear an Everton shirt".... not quite as bad but certainly in the same post code. 

4 hours ago, hafnia said:

If trying to get a record number of dislikes to a post was your aim with this complete and utter whopper, then you have succeeded Pete. 

It's up there with "he's the worst player to wear an Everton shirt".... not quite as bad but certainly in the same post code. 

Would the results have been any different with Davies in the side? What did Gana do during the run for these wins that was above and beyond the job of any midfielder we have on the books?