IGNORED

Cuco Martina

4 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Yes, I get that. I can see that point a bit. Im not sure how effective it would have been, It still leaves Salah a lot of space to run at with pace. Which is generally a worse scenario. It's easy at pace to go by a player who has just stopped his run and will more than likely be a bit flat footed.

What you don't see in this clip, but can see on better highlight videos is that Salah sells Gana a very quick dummy, which is where Gana stumbles his feet a bit. On other videos, you can see another player sprinting towards the box, it's who Salah uses as the dummy. This player runs past DCL, who literally does just stand there and watch's.

Point being there are many scenarios that might have happened. But it was a very good goal from him. And i think that him in full flow in that area would have scored one way or another.

There are some valid points there especially that Salah is a good player, and the point I was making the other day when Martina was getting slaughtered for his defending against him was he is RB not 1st choice and been asked to play LB against a very good player who is in form is it any wonder that he is going to struggle, so for them reasons I felt that some of the comments aimed at him were unwarranted.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Gana should have got him self between the player and the goal watch it again Mike he’s looking at the situation and he hasn’t reacted or preempted that if Salah gets through

Don't agree; I've watched it multiple times in real time and slo-mo, he's maybe 10% culpable. Had a very good game overall.

3 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Don't agree; I've watched it multiple times in real time and slo-mo, he's maybe 10% culpable. Had a very good game overall.

His mistake was to go towards Martina and Salah and when he got there was on the wrong side and was completely ineffective, those 5-6 yards he moved towards them he should have made towards the goal which would have put him in the ideal position to block off Salah if he goes past Martina, the fact he didn't shut down the space and route to the goal but instead  was drawn to the ball shows a lack of ability to read the game.

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

His mistake was to go towards Martina and Salah and when he got there was on the wrong side and was completely ineffective, those 5-6 yards he moved towards them he should have made towards the goal which would have put him in the ideal position to block off Salah if he goes past Martina, the fact he didn't shut down the space and route to the goal but instead  was drawn to the ball shows a lack of ability to read the game.

William's job imo.

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

Gana only cost 5.7M for a reason he's not good enough for this league or Everton as it's been said of other players we don't want average players at this club.

Pienaar cost £2.5m (the first time round). I guess he wasn’t good enough for this league.

Tim Cahill £1.75m. Baines £5m. Howard £3m. Stones £3m. 

I could go on but I don’t think I need to. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Pienaar cost £2.5m (the first time round). I guess he wasn’t good enough for this league.

Tim Cahill £1.75m. Baines £5m. Howard £3m. Stones £3m. 

I could go on but I don’t think I need to. 

Now that you've gone through the archives please name someone with in the last 2years.

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

Now that you've gone through the archives please name someone with in the last 2years.

Cleverley. Not great, but better than Gana. Turns the ball over from defence to attack, something Gana stifles. 

Was the even any competition to sign Gana? 

I told a villa mate that we were apparently signing their best player. He never named Gana, think he was about third/fourth guess says it all really. 

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

The point was that how much a player cost isn'tt necessarily indicative of how good they are.

We got him for £5.7m because of a release clause. Villa paid more than that for him themselves but I would imagine his agent knew they were a sinking ship and insisted on the clause in order to just get his client on show in the PL, and then a move to a better club. It happened and the low fee will have been a big factor in that.

Without that we'd have had to have paid more than the £7m Villa did.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I thought you might come back with Alan Ball or Duncan McKenzie not the kids, any way my argument was futile and I have to except defeat on this occasion, but I'll be back you may have won the battle over Gana but you haven't won the war:D

I'll say it again...youre a changed man on here since Koeman left.

Any chance you can give lessons to the other Anti-Gana, PeteO?!!!

13 hours ago, Palfy said:

Cleverley. Not great, but better than Gana. Turns the ball over from defence to attack, something Gana stifles. 

(thought I posted this earlier) 

Edit: I did. No idea why it was an auto fill when I went to reply a minute ago. 

@Palfy you should've put an age restriction. There won't be many in their prime 24-29 with a full prem season under their belt. 

44 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

I'll say it again...youre a changed man on here since Koeman left.

Any chance you can give lessons to the other Anti-Gana, PeteO?!!!

Well thanks Newty I'm happy you've noticed, but I have no lessons for Pete what he has been highlighting about Gana is spot on and I'm in full agreement with his very knowledgeable post, to be frank I'm more gob smacked that so many are blinkered and can't see it. To be honest I think he's very much on borrowed time at this club and if and when Schneiderlin, Klaassen and Vlasic come good he will become surplus to requirements, he's just lucky they didn't get going straight away cause he wouldn't be in the team now. 

49 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I have no lessons for Pete what he has been highlighting about Gana is spot on and I'm in full agreement with his very knowledgeable post, to be frank I'm more gob smacked that so many are blinkered and can't see it.

Top four in MOTM votes from TT members last season. I know being in a minority doesn't necessarily make you wrong guys but maybe the majority are likewise gobsmacked and consider you to be the ones wearing blinkers;).

Idrissa Gana Gueye...214
Ross Barkley...177
Romelu Lukaku...170
Tom Davies...107

21 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Top four in MOTM votes from TT members last season. I know being in a minority doesn't necessarily make you wrong guys but maybe the majority are likewise gobsmacked and consider you to be the ones wearing blinkers;).

Idrissa Gana Gueye...214
Ross Barkley...177
Romelu Lukaku...170
Tom Davies...107

The fact Barkley got more than Lukaku debunks us as from being 'thinking' Evertonians. 

Where's Ashley Williams though? 

1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

I'm only messing on the PeteO thing...he knows this (I think!). I don't agree with the guy on a few things but there is no animosity.

And I don't agree with either of you on Gana...but, again, no animosity.

None taken mate enjoying the banter, I new you were only messing, and we're right.:P