IGNORED

Cuco Martina

12 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Just wish we wouldn’t attack so much down his side. Because he’s not left-footed he always has to cut inside, meaning our already slow play is slowed down even more. 

A starting left-back really is a priority. 

This is what I've noticed too.

He has grown into his role I suppose and doing a good enough job but everytime he gets the ball he needs to cut to his right foot. At this level, those couple of seconds are worth a lot.

46 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I thought the Utd game was his best game for us. He was actually good! 

Defensively, yes but every attack down our left comes to a premature end as he has no left foot - in turn giving him more work to do defensively!

It’s not his fault and he deserves credit for the good work he’s doing but it’s so frustrating watching what rare attacks we do have fizzle out instantly as he cuts back onto his right foot over and over again.

10 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Just wish we wouldn’t attack so much down his side. Because he’s not left-footed he always has to cut inside, meaning our already slow play is slowed down even more. 

A starting left-back really is a priority. 

Or he and Bolasie need to learn to work together and Yala provides the overlap.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

No, we just need to bring in a proper left-back. A good one.

I'm sick to fucking death of square pegs in round holes. That doesn't just apply to Cuco and the left-back spot either.

Well ideally yes, I completely agree. But since that's not the case right now, what I'm proposing is the only alternative if we don't get someone in January, that I can think of at least. 

He's just not good enough, defensively and going forward he can put in a good cross but as has been said he has to check onto his right foot, which makes slows down any attack down the left and negates the effectiveness of having an attacking winger.

We need a really good left back, personally I would not mind Shaw from UTD.

The defence were shit as a whole not just one player nearly every pundit has said that Gylfi was guilty of neglecting his duties for the first goal I've not heard or read one that blamed Cuco, and Kenny was shocking on the other side and was guilty of being caught out for definitely one of there goals, but didn't hear a murmur from the blame everything on Cuco posters it's like you only see what you want to see.🙈

The defence were shit as a whole not just one player nearly every pundit has said that Gylfi was guilty of neglecting his duties for the first goal I've not heard or read one that blamed Cuco, and Kenny was shocking on the other side and was guilty of being caught out for definitely one of there goals, but didn't hear a murmur from the blame everything on Cuco posters it's like you only see what you want to see.[emoji85]

Kenny being at fault for at least 2 of the goals doesn’t make Coco any less shite

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Kenny being at fault for at least 2 of the goals doesn’t make Coco any less shite

No it doesn't but the point being he wasn't responsible as you said for the first goal, and Matt's assessment was pretty much spot on and yours let's just say wasn't and that was the original argument, but to add to that I thought the defence as a whole was completely none existent back to where we were weeks ago, but a few of you yourself included can only find one person responsible for its problems Cuco, I've pointed out that Kenny was terrible and probably the weakest link in that game and yet you come back with that doesn't make Cuco any less shite, I suggest that if you weren't so obsessed with trying to find fault with Cuco all the time you might see the rest of the shite going on in front of you.

No it doesn't but the point being he wasn't responsible as you said for the first goal, and Matt's assessment was pretty much spot on and yours let's just say wasn't and that was the original argument, but to add to that I thought the defence as a whole was completely none existent back to where we were weeks ago, but a few of you yourself included can only find one person responsible for its problems Cuco, I've pointed out that Kenny was terrible and probably the weakest link in that game and yet you come back with that doesn't make Cuco any less shite, I suggest that if you weren't so obsessed with trying to find fault with Cuco all the time you might see the rest of the shite going on in front of you.

Sorry but that is complete bollocks , I have never once said he was solely responsible for yesterday’s fiasco . I made a comment about how shite Coco’s performance was in the first half because their RB was getting in time after time with Coco nowhere to be seen

Oh and he was at fault for the first goal and it not just a few of us that think so

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/13/everton-fans-react-on-twitter-to-cuco-martina-performance/

And for the record I did not even say that he was the only one at fault for the first goal I said it was him and Jags at fault

At that point he was easily the worst player on the pitch , after that we just capitulated and all bar Holgate were equally culpable

I think your comments are a little rich based on your Gana obsession

He was responsible but he shared that responsibility with 2 others.

Jags stepping out caused the problem as it meant Cuco had to come inside. Siggy passed on his man thinkng Cuco would be in his normal position but he wasn't. Cuco should have been screaming at him to sit in. The biggest error that Cuco then makes is that he just fucking stands there. He gives Aurier a free shot at goal, he isn'tt picking up anyone in the centre, he just stands in a completely useless position watching the shot being taken. Aurier should have scored himself but his dreadful shot went to Son (the guy Cuco tucked in to mark) who tapped it in. 

I still have no idea why Jags followed Kane that far because he wasn't even tight to him. It was that decision that then caused the rest as Siggy and Cuco completely failed to react to the knock on effects.

Jags stepping out caused the problem as it meant Cuco had to come inside. Siggy passed on his man thinkng Cuco would be in his normal position but he wasn't. Cuco should have been screaming at him to sit in. The biggest error that Cuco then makes is that he just fucking stands there. He gives Aurier a free shot at goal, he isn'ttt picking up anyone in the centre, he just stands in a completely useless position watching the shot being taken. Aurier should have scored himself but his dreadful shot went to Son (the guy Cuco tucked in to mark) who tapped it in. 
I still have no idea why Jags followed Kane that far because he wasn't even tight to him. It was that decision that then caused the rest as Siggy and Cuco completely failed to react to the knock on effects.

I pretty much agree with all of that but as I said my comments were about his first half performance in general not just the goal. How many times did Aurier find himself in acres of space down that side?

Yes Siggurdson should have been doing more to help him out but he can’t just keep going AWOL and giving Spurs that much freedom

It was exactly the same against Spurs at Goodison

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Jags stepping out caused the problem as it meant Cuco had to come inside. Siggy passed on his man thinkng Cuco would be in his normal position but he wasn't. Cuco should have been screaming at him to sit in. The biggest error that Cuco then makes is that he just fucking stands there. He gives Aurier a free shot at goal, he isn'ttt picking up anyone in the centre, he just stands in a completely useless position watching the shot being taken. Aurier should have scored himself but his dreadful shot went to Son (the guy Cuco tucked in to mark) who tapped it in. 

That is true once Aurier got the freedom to waltz into the box Cuco should have left his man and shut him down, then Aurier would have probably squared the ball to the man Cuco left but we will never know that, but what we do know is that Gylfi made himself ineffective by pushing out and not dropping to close down Aurier if he had done that then the rest wouldn't have panned out as it did, so in my mind Gylfi has to take responsibility and in the confines of the team I reckon he would have held his hands up to that, Cuco was left in a rock and a hard place, he had to go and pick up the free man in the box it was what everyone would have done.

4 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Sorry but that is complete bollocks , I have never once said he was solely responsible for yesterday’s fiasco . I made a comment about how shite Coco’s performance was in the first half because their RB was getting in time after time with Coco nowhere to be seen

Oh and he was at fault for the first goal and it not just a few of us that think so

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/13/everton-fans-react-on-twitter-to-cuco-martina-performance/

And for the record I did not even say that he was the only one at fault for the first goal I said it was him and Jags at fault

At that point he was easily the worst player on the pitch , after that we just capitulated and all bar Holgate were equally culpable

I think your comments are a little rich based on your Gana obsession

For the record you need to revisit your posts in Tottenham away you did say it was his fault and argued the fact it was only later you excepted that Jags had apart to play in it, that's not a problem everyone has a right to review something and change their opinion, you may even think later that Gylfi had even a bigger part to play in it as yet you haven't conceded he had any fault in it, my point was that it was bad defending as a team for that particular goal and not solely the fault of Cuco which you originally said it was and have just reiterated, for me I still think Gylfi definitely was far more responsible and Jags as equally as Cuco, so we will just have to agree to disagree on this one because I'm not going to convince you it wasn't just down to him and your not going to convince me it was.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

That is true once Aurier got the freedom to waltz into the box Cuco should have left his man and shut him down, then Aurier would have probably squared the ball to the man Cuco left but we will never know that, but what we do know is that Gylfi made himself ineffective by pushing out and not dropping to close down Aurier if he had done that then the rest wouldn't have panned out as it did, so in my mind Gylfi has to take responsibility and in the confines of the team I reckon he would have held his hands up to that, Cuco was left in a rock and a hard place, he had to go and pick up the free man in the box it was what everyone would have done.

But Gylfi wouldnt have realised that Jags had pushed out and Cuco moved in when he let Aurier go. Cuco wouldn't have had to move inside had Jags not pushed out and therefore Gylfi was right to let Aurier go. 

It's just an example of terrible communication and organisation between all 3. 

For the record you need to revisit your posts in Tottenham away you did say it was his fault and argued the fact it was only later you excepted that Jags had apart to play in it, that's not a problem everyone has a right to review something and change their opinion, you may even think later that Gylfi had even a bigger part to play in it as yet you haven't conceded he had any fault in it, my point was that it was bad defending as a team for that particular goal and not solely the fault of Cuco which you originally said it was and have just reiterated, for me I still think Gylfi definitely was far more responsible and Jags as equally as Cuco, so we will just have to agree to disagree on this one because I'm not going to convince you it wasn't just down to him and your not going to convince me it was.

I don’t need to revisit the match day thread at all because, and this may come as a shock to you, I honestly believe I have a better grasp of what I was thinking than you do, with the emphasis being on WHT I WAS THINKING

I did not change my mind about the goal at all, my original comment wasn’t even about the goal

I asked had anyone told Coco he wasn’t playing RB because all half he went missing from the LB spot

Someone then said he wasn’t at fault for the goal and it was only then that I said he was , I also said Jags was at fault

So you don’t have to convince me it wasn’t all down to Coco at all because I already know that and I have never once said otherwise

5 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I don’t need to revisit the match day thread at all because, and this may come as a shock to you, I honestly believe I have a better grasp of what I was thinking than you do, with the emphasis being on WHT I WAS THINKING

I did not change my mind about the goal at all, my original comment wasn’t even about the goal

I asked had anyone told Coco he wasn’t playing RB because all half he went missing from the LB spot

Someone then said he wasn’t at fault for the goal and it was only then that I said he was , I also said Jags was at fault

So you don’t have to convince me it wasn’t all down to Coco at all because I already know that and I have never once said otherwise

Ok Dunc if that's the case fair enough I'll say no more, but we were woeful in most areas and think we can agree we need more than 1 or 2 to come in and form a team with what we've got at our disposal at the moment.

20 hours ago, Bailey said:

Agree with all that but the awful shot part. Think it was a cracking set-up for Son, and I think Aurier was fully aware of how shit Cuco is after terrorizing him for the first half hour, so knew he wasn’t about to block the pass.

Cuco is absolute dogshit. We need to get Garbutt in there as soon as possible; not that I rate him particularly, but I can’t think of a worse option than continuing to play Martina. He is constantly out of position, easily tricked on the ball, offers little in the air (FFS, Kenny is better in the air and a fair bit smaller), can’t tackle (67% tackle success to Kenny’s 85%), and no longer offers anything positive going forward as he’s wrong-footed and Big Sam doesn’t know the meaning of the word “attack.” 

Felt sorry for him today...

When the players were lining up on the pitch, and the announcer read out each number and player, each got a round of applause...except Cuco. It went a bit quiet. I kept clapping....but felt like I'd cheated on my wife!!!

I know he's not rated, but that's bloody harsh!!!

Felt sorry for him today...
When the players were lining up on the pitch, and the announcer read out each number and player, each got a round of applause...except Cuco. It went a bit quiet. I kept clapping....but felt like I'd cheated on my wife!!!
I know he's not rated, but that's bloody harsh!!!

I do feel sorry for him , he is being asked to do a job week in week out that he is blatantly not capable of doing

He is the worst RB defensively I’ve ever seen but at least when he plays in his normal position he offers something going forward because on his right foot he can put a decent cross in . By playing him on the left you take away his only good attribute and he becomes a complete waste of a jersey

5 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I do feel sorry for him , he is being asked to do a job week in week out that he is blatantly not capable of doing

He is the worst RB defensively I’ve ever seen but at least when he plays in his normal position he offers something going forward because on his right foot he can put a decent cross in . By playing him on the left you take away his only good attribute and he becomes a complete waste of a jersey

tell us how you really feel dunc :rofl: