IGNORED

Enner Valencia

let's hope the club have a word with him as this isn't the sort of press everton wants or deserves as the peoples club. pay the lady, you're stealing a wage anyways.

Yep. I've got no patience for this sort of thing. He's got the money--make good on your responsibility. Not the sort of behavior I want from anyone, let alone a player for our club.

• 2 months later...

I've seen enough, he's terrible. Did the fraud even touch the ball?

I decided that Niasse was dreadful after about 5 minutes in the cup game against Bournemouth and look how that turned out. Sometimes you just know.

One of the worst players I've ever seen.

I said he was dreadful from day one. Unfortunately as ever I've been proven right.

here's the forums very own Director of football....

I think I've seen enough in the last 3 games to say that he will prove to be a smart acquisition. Energy in abundance, tidy feet, very good in the air for a little lad. Gives the team a bit of "fight".

Certainly gives us something we miss up front - if he can alleviate the need for Rom to do the things that he can't/won't and Rom scores more goals then I'm ok with it - not morally but if it means we get 3 points more often then yeah.

Edited by Hafnia

I think I've seen enough in the last 3 games to say that he will prove to be a smart acquisition. Energy in abundance, tidy feet, very good in the air for a little lad. Gives the team a bit of "fight".

Certainly gives us something we miss up front - if he can alleviate the need for Rom to do the things that he can't/won't and Rom scores more goals then I'm ok with it - not morally but if it means we get 3 points more often then yeah.

yeah I was just gonna say if he keeps up the hard work and bags a few goals that buyout clause for 14m might be worthwhile especially in the hyperinflated market.

Earning a contract is a hell of an incentive, why dont the yammers want him and how did he go off the boil for them?

first off west ham are idiots look at their signings the last few years, bar Payet they have been terrible (Carroll, Ogbonna, Song, Zaza, Lanzini, Zarate, Emenike, Jelavic, Nolan, Cole, etc). Valencia was bought because he had an outstanding world cup playing in the front 3 of a 433. He said I'm a striker (like he was for his national team) and big sam and bilic played him on the wing constantly asking him to be a speed demon and cross in. He isn't good at that. He's fast and makes runs because he's a striker.

I would say that's why he's having success, koeman recognizes that and plays him off/with lukaku to make runs and create space which he does. he's still only 27 and now that he's starting to play regularly his confidence might go back up and we could see the player that was at the WC instead of the one that was square peg round holed at WH.

He mainly played wide last night, maybe more as an insider forward than a winger but he still played as the wider man of a 433.

Valencia isn't a natural striker, he doesn't have the instinct of a striker but he isn't a winger either so I'm not really sure what his natural role is.

I personally wasn't as in love with his performance as some were on here but he ran his socks off for the team and showed the complete opposite to Bolasie in respect of keeping hold of the ball and getting us up the pitch (as in Bolasie gives it away more often than not). Long may it continue.

Don't feed the troll mate, it's what he wants.

• 2 months later...

Is on loan here at Everton from West Ham.

Doesn't have a thread of his own (yet) having joined on deadline day 31st August 2016. Today is March 5th 2017. Perhaps the fact he doesn't have a thread explains all there is to how Evertonians feel about him. All that to one side....

Was thrown on today on 80 minutes, so got his ten minute run out, put himself about a bit and nabbed a goal. Re the goal, I wanted him following the ball over the line to get kick off happening that bit quicker, not being happy to score but looking to get the game backon asap for the cause. A minor gripe, but its desire that is expected and desire that leads to rewards. Perhaps has given up and is resigned to going back to West Ham and plotting his next move.

Edited by Shy_Talk

Is on loan here at Everton from West Ham.

Doesn't have a thread of his own (yet) having joined on deadline day 31st August 2016. Today is March 5th 2017. Perhaps the fact he doesn't have a thread explains all there is to how Evertonians feel about him. All that to one side....

Was thrown on today on 80 minutes, so got his ten minute run out, put himself about a bit and nabbed a goal. Re the goal, I wanted him following the ball over the line to get kick off happening that bit quicker, not being happy to score but looking to get the game backon asap for the cause. A minor gripe, but its desire that is expected and desire that leads to rewards. Perhaps has given up and is resigned to going back to West Ham and plotting his next move.

Apart from this one. Merged.

• 2 weeks later...

He has come in and done a job but if we are going to get to the level everyone hopes we will then he surely isn't good enough

I'm still not convinced that he is an upgrade on Naismith

naismith was essential, and Valencia has stepped up. I hold my hands up to an extent; hes bit as good as some made out but he does a job