IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Get the chequebook out - he's shocking. Sorry. 

Absolutely praying that we have someone lined up before the transfer window closes, anything that goes near him turns to a goal or a chance - never had such a lack of faith in a goalkeeper as with Jordan. Baffling that he's somehow kept his place with England. 

Not sold on the Sergio Romero hype, but I'd honestly be bringing Richard Wright out of retirement at this point. You can just see a mile away Jordan costing us points, against better sides (i.e - the Derby) he could really bite us on the arse. 

Would genuinely be starting Lossl too, probably not as good a keeper on all round performance, but would probably not drop a ball travelling 4mph. 

1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Absolutely praying that we have someone lined up before the transfer window closes, anything that goes near him turns to a goal or a chance - never had such a lack of faith in a goalkeeper as with Jordan. Baffling that he's somehow kept his place with England. 

Not sold on the Sergio Romero hype, but I'd honestly be bringing Richard Wright out of retirement at this point. You can just see a mile away Jordan costing us points, against better sides (i.e - the Derby) he could really bite us on the arse. 

Would genuinely be starting Lossl too, probably not as good a keeper on all round performance, but would probably not drop a ball travelling 4mph. 

Anytime the ball comes to him I get nervous. I said a week or so ago that a keeper wasn't a priority, I definitely don't feel that way now. 

He hasn’t cost us any points as yet I agree more by luck than judgment, but If we are going to compare him on points won or lost he’s still in credit 2-3 points from the Spurs game. 
Every keeper in every league will cost their team points at some stage of the season, when that happens to Pickford which it will the venom that’s going to be directed at him will be completely over the top, I feel for him and it hasn’t happened yet. 
Every game that we have conceded in whether down to him or not and especially the 2 down to him, it has spurred us on to play better and batter the opposition for daring to score against us, and also shows the rest of the team are behind him and want to cover his mistakes. Just a shame more supporters can’t get behind as the manager and team have. 

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

He hasn’t cost us any points as yet I agree more by luck than judgment, but If we are going to compare him on points won or lost he’s still in credit 2-3 points from the Spurs game. 
Every keeper in every league will cost their team points at some stage of the season, when that happens to Pickford which it will the venom that’s going to be directed at him will be completely over the top, I feel for him and it hasn’t happened yet. 
Every game that we have conceded in whether down to him or not and especially the 2 down to him, it has spurred us on to play better and batter the opposition for daring to score against us, and also shows the rest of the team are behind him and want to cover his mistakes. Just a shame more supporters can’t get behind as the manager and team have. 

It's not sustainable this.  We have witnessed Liverpool and United struggle when they have a solid outfield side and a poor keeper.  He unsettles us, he doesn't spur us on, we are winning in spite of him. 

Ferguson and klopp didn't suffer it and nor do I think Ancellotti will. 

10 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

It's not sustainable this.  We have witnessed Liverpool and United struggle when they have a solid outfield side and a poor keeper.  He unsettles us, he doesn't spur us on, we are winning in spite of him. 

Spot on.

14 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I think it is spurring us on rightly or wrongly when we concede we go into a different gear, obviously you have a valid point in it might not be sustainable, but stranger things have happened like Leicester winning the league everyone was saying that their run would stop. 

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I think it is spurring us on rightly or wrongly when we concede we go into a different gear, obviously you have a valid point in it might not be sustainable, but stranger things have happened like Leicester winning the league everyone was saying that their run would stop. 

If Mina wouldn't have been on fire today he would've conceded more. He owes Mina after that match. 

18 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

All I can say is that Pickford has been lucky in that we've been able to score so much. 

Agreed which forms part of my argument, we score more goals against teams that score against us, I genuinely believe if Spurs had scored against us early on we would have beat them 3-1.

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I'm actually trying to think of the worst keeper to win a premier league medal ... 

Ederson has just made a right howler tbf

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Agreed which forms part of my argument, we score more goals against teams that score against us, I genuinely believe if Spurs had scored against us early on we would have beat them 3-1.

It's the first time in a long time where we've conceded and I thought we still had the game. I just worry about teams that can also score loads of goals a la City and Liverpool.

4 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

If Mina wouldn't have been on fire today he would've conceded more. He owes Mina after that match. 

Mina did his job he improved after we conceded, I know I sound mental but we get better after we’ve conceded, the evidence is there in the last 4 league games and the cup game against West Ham, I’d be more than happy to be proved wrong, but ecstatic for what’s happening to carry on, which is concede then comfortably win, where’s the problem with that 🤷‍♂️

It wouldn’t surprise me if the Don says to Pickford on the quiet don’t forget to concede early on, it gets the lads up for it😉

15 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I'm actually trying to think of the worst keeper to win a premier league medal ... 

Ederson has just made a right howler tbf

He’s made a couple this season, but I’m not really concerned about other players from other teams in any position, I’m just concerned about the players who play for us. 

54 minutes ago, Palfy said:

He’s made a couple this season, but I’m not really concerned about other players from other teams in any position, I’m just concerned about the players who play for us. 

You can't keep defending Pickford, he is a now a massive liability. Us scoring more goals than he lets in because of mistakes is no sort of arguement. He did a couple of decent saves against spurs, but they where no more than what you would expect a good keeper to be make. Those would be bread and butter saves for a top keeper. He can live of those few saves, 5 games ago. 

We are not going to score 3, 4 or 5 goals every game.

He is not a keeper that going is to allow us to be a top team.

I feel sorry for him also, but most weeks we talk about his errors. 

Nobody can doubt that Pickford is playing poorly now and is has a loss of confidence.

The question is what do we do about this?

We know he has been a quality goalkeeper for us since he came here, yes he has made mistakes and has been a little immature at times, but the talent and skill that made us pay out £30 million for him, and made him Englands no 1 is still there. You do not lose that talent or ability.

If we replace him we write of that £30 million as we will get nowhere near that for him, and we will have to pay through the nose for a new keeper. Added to that the transfer deadline is fast approaching, so time is limited.

Option two is to stand by him, let the coaches, the manager, his teammates help him re discover his form. This saves us money, and is also in keeping with the history of the club in helping players with problems.

He was outstanding at the World Cup and can be again, so for me option two is the only realistic one. It will require patience and understanding from us, but that is a price I am willing to pay to get him back to where is can be.

21 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Nobody can doubt that Pickford is playing poorly now and is has a loss of confidence.

The question is what do we do about this?

We know he has been a quality goalkeeper for us since he came here, yes he has made mistakes and has been a little immature at times, but the talent and skill that made us pay out £30 million for him, and made him Englands no 1 is still there. You do not lose that talent or ability.

If we replace him we write of that £30 million as we will get nowhere near that for him, and we will have to pay through the nose for a new keeper. Added to that the transfer deadline is fast approaching, so time is limited.

Option two is to stand by him, let the coaches, the manager, his teammates help him re discover his form. This saves us money, and is also in keeping with the history of the club in helping players with problems.

He was outstanding at the World Cup and can be again, so for me option two is the only realistic one. It will require patience and understanding from us, but that is a price I am willing to pay to get him back to where is can be.

He hasn't been a quality keeper for over 2 years now. 

Opponents know his weaknesses and exploit them. His command of the box is appalling. 

The only thing he can do well is pull of the occasional greet reflex save. That is not goalkeeping.  

Helping players with problems is giving them support through injury, allowing them to train when they haven't got a club..... It's not playing them when they are costing us goals. 

I'll be extremely shocked if we aren't in for a goalkeeper in the next 2 days... Extremely. 

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

He hasn't been a quality keeper for over 2 years now. 

Opponents know his weaknesses and exploit them. His command of the box is appalling. 

The only thing he can do well is pull of the occasional greet reflex save. That is not goalkeeping.  

But he was a quality goalkeeper, that's my point.

My argument is that he can be again with the right support.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I am which is why I want him away from the first team. My point is keepers do make mistakes.... Just not at the frequency of Pickford

4 minutes ago, London Blue said:

But he was a quality goalkeeper, that's my point.

My argument is that he can be again with the right support.

Can he? So we Keep playing him and let him carry on making mistakes?

We aren't a halfway house for footballers having a crisis of confidence.  It's a results business.... Managers lose their jobs if the team doesn't perform - chairmen aren't gonna say "15th is not good enough but well done for not upsetting Pickford by dropping him'

These errors are not going away, he's getting chances and support but I think it's ran its course now.