IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

Spot the typo (and the stupid "from open play" stat; how is that relevant and a sign of "defensive solidarity" if we're shipping shitloads from set pieces? That's a statement right out of the Trump/Kim book of logic)...

"Jordan Pickford has reiterated Everton’s desire to crack the top six - but for now have their sights set on a seventh place finish to the current campaign.

After beating Crystal Palace on Saturday, the Blues have taken 17 points from a possible 24 since Sam Allardyce watched from the stands as they beat West Ham United 4-0 back in November. 

In those eight games we’ve conceded only four goals from open play, underlining the defensive solidity instilled by Allardyce and his staff, with Goodison becoming something of a fortress for the Toffees. 

Having been two points off the relegation zone when the Blues boss arrived, the win over the Eagles saw Everton close the gap to just two points off seventh-placed Burnley, and Sigurdsson says it was down to the Toffees playing on the front foot.

The Blues’ glovesman has been ever-present in his first campaign at Goodison Park as Everton have recovered from a difficult start to cement their current place in the top 10."

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2018/02/10/jordan-pickford

Actually checking the numbers it means (if the article is correct and we've only conceded four from open play) that we've conceded fourteen from set pieces in thirteen games; definite defensive solidarity that:rolleyes:. In fairness to Jordan, as it's his thread, we'd have conceded a lot more had he not been between the sticks!

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Spot the typo (and the stupid "from open play" stat; how is that relevant and a sign of "defensive solidarity" if we're shipping shitloads from set pieces? That's a statement right out of the Trump/Kim book of logic)...

"Jordan Pickford has reiterated Everton’s desire to crack the top six - but for now have their sights set on a seventh place finish to the current campaign.

After beating Crystal Palace on Saturday, the Blues have taken 17 points from a possible 24 since Sam Allardyce watched from the stands as they beat West Ham United 4-0 back in November. 

In those eight games we’ve conceded only four goals from open play, underlining the defensive solidity instilled by Allardyce and his staff, with Goodison becoming something of a fortress for the Toffees. 

Having been two points off the relegation zone when the Blues boss arrived, the win over the Eagles saw Everton close the gap to just two points off seventh-placed Burnley, and Sigurdsson says it was down to the Toffees playing on the front foot.

The Blues’ glovesman has been ever-present in his first campaign at Goodison Park as Everton have recovered from a difficult start to cement their current place in the top 10."

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2018/02/10/jordan-pickford

58 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Actually checking the numbers it means (if the article is correct and we've only conceded four from open play) that we've conceded fourteen from set pieces in thirteen games; definite defensive solidarity that:rolleyes:. In fairness to Jordan, as it's his thread, we'd have conceded a lot more had he not been between the sticks!

19 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Then again (in discussion with myself here) it seems like the numbers are for home games only though the article doesn't make that clear at all. Shabby stuff, expect better from the OS.

This has been like a scene from Split. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

He needs to organise his defence better, and his distribution (one of his supposed strengths) needs to get a lot more consistent. Otherwise, he’s been a very good signing 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Jordan interview on Sky saying that they want to win every game that they want to finish 7th, that's the way forward not hoping we finish lower because we don't deserve to be higher than 15th or so where's the ambition in that.

Ambition? The fact that I am ambitious means I am fully prepared to watch us finish in 15th.... this death by a thousand cuts is not for me.  

The plaster needs ripping off.

In any other given season we would be in the bottom 3 right now.  

I am not prepared to let the apathetic bunch of twats running our club have the dulilluision that 7th place is ok..... the season had been abject - fuckin awful.  If it takes a 15th place finish to get some real action done then I'm all for it.

Maybe you need to look at personel other than idrissa gueye to identify that the club is largely occupied by money sucking leaches with no professionalism or integrity. 

3 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Ambition? The fact that I am ambitious means I am fully prepared to watch us finish in 15th.... this death by a thousand cuts is not for me.  

The plaster needs ripping off.

In any other given season we would be in the bottom 3 right now.  

I am not prepared to let the apathetic bunch of twats running our club have the dulilluision that 7th place is ok..... the season had been abject - fuckin awful.  If it takes a 15th place finish to get some real action done then I'm all for it.

Maybe you need to look at personel other than idrissa gueye to identify that the club is largely occupied by money sucking leaches with no professionalism or integrity. 

I have looked at other personnel as I mentioned earlier today but what I would never do is promote finishing 15th over 7th. 

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Just said in the commentary of the England game that if he plays in the World Cup this summer he will be the youngest keeper to ever represent England in a major tournament

He's not had much to do, couple of routine stops; wish he'd have had to make a couple of great saves to cement his place at the top of the pecking order. Good distribution though.

Southgate on Jordan...

"The back three were excellent and the goalkeeper too...

...he played excellently. We saw all the attributes he has, he was tidy with his feet and good with decision-making."

So play him v Italy, show your intent and confidence in him and let him know he's the guy in possession Gareth, but you won't sadly. Prove me wrong please.

11 hours ago, Aidan said:

I think both of the matches we have this break should be his strongest XI. Get them on the pitch together for as much time as possible before the opening game. 

Remember back when this used to be what these friendlys were for.

This is when we used to reach semi finals.