IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

Firstly, they can fuck right off.

Secondly, they can fuck right off again.

Thirdly, if they still don't know the meaning if it...we want more than PSG paid for Neymar!

I would add another to that.

Fourth, they can fuck right off!

Crap journalism I think. Even if it isn’t your looking at a new world record. Pickford should have been in the World Cup team. £65-70 mill but what’s the point? They way the fees are he will be worth £100 mill next season if he has another good season. Get him signed up with a new contract. We knew what we had before the World Cup when everyone was doubting him 

20 minutes ago, patto said:

There's always a deal that's suitable ie Loftus cheek plus Michy Batshuayi and 25m and go and get Butland.

If it was guaranteed that we’d get Batshuayi, Loftus-Cheek and Butland for whatever we sold Pickford for then it’d probably be a good deal but there’s too many ifs and buts there... plus if we’re seeking a fee that would allow this, Stoke will whack another £20m onto Butland’s price tag.

I don’t think there’s much between Pickford and Butland personally - I feel Pickford edges it with his distribution though.

21 minutes ago, c1982 said:

If it was guaranteed that we’d get Batshuayi, Loftus-Cheek and Butland for whatever we sold Pickford for then it’d probably be a good deal but there’s too many ifs and buts there... plus if we’re seeking a fee that would allow this, Stoke will whack another £20m onto Butland’s price tag.

I don’t think there’s much between Pickford and Butland personally - I feel Pickford edges it with his distribution though.

I still don’t get the hype over his distribution if I’m honest. It’s nowhere near as good as what people have said it is. 

25 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Pickford has got something mentally that gives him the X-factor over most goalkeepers. Think of how many England keepers of the recent past have melted under the big tournament spotlight. I have no doubt that is what got him picked over Butland. I also don't believe in selling your best players to strengthen in other areas. 

22 minutes ago, Matt said:

I still don’t get the hype over his distribution if I’m honest. It’s nowhere near as good as what people have said it is. 

He has a good game at the start, and I think I thats all people remember. Since then it’s been awful.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

He seems to use his right foot most of the time then...

A lot of the time last season it was passed to his right foot under pressure and as a result the ball flew out of play. His distribution was probably highlighted more positively for England - no doubt, his passing off his left foot is top quality.

1 minute ago, c1982 said:

A lot of the time last season it was passed to his right foot under pressure and as a result the ball flew out of play. His distribution was probably highlighted more positively for England - no doubt, his passing off his left foot is top quality.

Still just shows that his distribution is crap on his wrong foot though. Not his fault mins you, if the defence can’t play to his stronger foot to clear 

12 minutes ago, Shukes said:

He has a good game at the start, and I think I thats all people remember. Since then it’s been awful.

He played in a very poor team last season - all it takes is a couple of passes that lead directly to goals and everyone would be raving about it. The fact is, his passing is there, unfortunately the outfield players often lost the ball with the next touch.

34 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I think he is better than Butland in most areas. Condidence, aggression, aerial command, reach, footwork and less error prone.

I would prefer him to Butland but if we were to lose (not that I want to lose him), then Butland would be perfect in my opinion.

I read somewhere that Pickford didn’t make a single error that led directly to a goal last season - not sure if that’s 100% accurate though. I also saw that his shot save percentage is ‘so so’ - he had plenty to do but that could be much better... 

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Still just shows that his distribution is crap on his wrong foot though. Not his fault mins you, if the defence can’t play to his stronger foot to clear 

Distribution isn’t just the 50 yards pass to the winger to set him free - it’s also playing as a ‘sweeper’ and speeding up the start of an attack with a one touch pass to the full-backs or whoever. Not many keepers are as comfortable as Pickford with the ball at their feet. Many stop the ball dead and think too long - killing any potential exposure.

15 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Distribution isn’t just the 50 yards pass to the winger to set him free - it’s also playing as a ‘sweeper’ and speeding up the start of an attack with a one touch pass to the full-backs or whoever. Not many keepers are as comfortable as Pickford with the ball at their feet. Many stop the ball dead and think too long - killing any potential exposure.

Oh I know, but many banged on about his pinpoint accuracy slinging of the ball around the pitch. He’s not been able to show that because it’s been played to his weaker foot, but it also shows a big weakness 

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

Which is great when we have movement but unfortunately most the time Pickford punts it forward in frustration to no one as all our players are camped in their own half. Sometimes he'd be better off holding on to it a bit longer as his teammates aren't on the same wave length. Similar to Klassen's problem we don't have enough players showing for the ball and making good runs. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Which is great when we have movement but unfortunately most the time Pickford punts it forward in frustration to no one as all our players are camped in their own half. Sometimes he'd be better off holding on to it a bit longer as his teammates aren't on the same wave length. Similar to Klassen's problem we don't have enough players showing for the ball and making good runs. 

Hopefully it was more tactics and Silva will be able to sort this.

The number of shots on goal last season is criminal!

we have way too many clear cut chances away last season too, I think that won’t be helping his shot stopping. Not that he needs me making excuses for him, he is an exceptional goal keeper. 

32 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Hopefully it was more tactics and Silva will be able to sort this.

Unfortunately I think it's the players. For me it's the whole midfield don't compliment each other. Schneiderlin low on confidence goes hiding, Gana's positioning is criminal, Rooney and Sigurdssen are too slow to get in position especially without others making themselves options and Bolasie has no brain. Walcott was the only willing runner and Rooney and Davies the only ones to show for the ball. 

From last season, the amount of times Rooney took the ball off the toes of our centre halves just shows how pish we are moving the ball forward. Centre halfs don't have the confidence to pass it out as the midfield aren't showing for it. 

I don't think it'd necessarily be smart from Pickford's perspective to leave EFC for Chelsea. Especially cause it's Chelsea, the team that didn't believe in Salah and De Bruyne. They're kind of  known as a team that stalls progression of young top talents and rather fields the "more proven" players. I'd stay at EFC, mate.