• Leighton Baines
    • Tom Davies
    • Idrissa Gana Gueye
    • Aaron Lennon
    • Ross Barkley
    • Kevin Mirallas
    • Romelu Lukaku
    • Enner Valencia

Barkley, Rom, and Valencia the standouts for me, although solid performances all around. Given it to Rom in the end, good holdup play in all of our more threatening attacking moves and much better first touch and movement. Ross came close though, brilliant vision and passing, which I think is often the thing holding him back.

Edited by evilweevil

Big mentions for Ross and Davies.

But I think for an all round performance I have to give it to Baines.

Captains performance.

Got crosses in when he shouldn't have been allowed.

Some great tackles.

Running players out to stop attacks.

And atepped up at 1-0 to put an excellent pen away.

Edit.

Oh and what a game from Rom.

Held the ball up brilliantly and a deserved goal at the end.

Edited by Shukes

Davies was immense, his energy, passing and tackling gave us so much more impetus.

Lukaku was in beast mode in the second half and gave us so much with his hold up play.

Robles made a couple of key saves.

Mori and Williams played well at the back.

Valencia was great when he came on, so much more creativity amd movement than Lennon who has lots of running but no end product or creativity.

Ross was my MOTM tho, especially in the sevond half, his passing and movement was great, they way he sucked defenders in then released the ball was great. Lots of energy and positivity, he made us tick. I hope the last couple of performances can be the springboard to the second half of our's and Ross's season.

Lukaku for me. He led the line well , held the ball up, won lots of headers , assist and scored. He never celebrated any of the goals though??

Thought Davies done well, hardly MotM performance though. We were terrible for 60 minutes.

Baines a close second and Barkley close behind him.

Gave it to the bloke who was present from the first to last minute...Tom Davies.

What a performance from that young man. I know in games like this the attacking players tend to get the credit...but this lad filled in holes at the back, filled in holes going forward, was always available for the ball, played nice simple football aswell as getting his head down and driving forward with the ball, tackled, closed down, pressed up top, pressed at the back, he was everywhere...and that ball for Lukaku's goal was just an instinctive reaction and so natural.

He did this for 90 minutes. Brilliant from such a young lad. Really impressed by him today. Let's hope he can carry on.

Gave it to the bloke who was present from the first to last minute...Tom Davies.

What a performance from that young man. I know in games like this the attacking players tend to get the credit...but this lad filled in holes at the back, filled in holes going forward, was always available for the ball, played nice simple football aswell as getting his head down and driving forward with the ball, tackled, closed down, pressed up top, pressed at the back, he was everywhere...and that ball for Lukaku's goal was just an instinctive reaction and so natural.

He did this for 90 minutes. Brilliant from such a young lad. Really impressed by him today. Let's hope he can carry on.

Amen. Every word.

exactly why he got my vote too, good post :)