IGNORED

Ademola Lookman

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

He showed some good ability and signs that we might have a diamond in rough in his 1sr season, with a goal in his 1st game and a few runs at defenders, and he has had opportunities to come on and stake a claim for the right wing spot but hasn’t shown he’s good enough, more because he can’t seem to play with in a structure with a defined role his game seems to be that of someone who wants a free role, but in Silva’s team you have to be prepared to work hard both ways and he is struggling to come to terms with that, that is why we see more of Walcott because he understands what is required, so for me he isn’t ready or good enough for this team imo. 

Good insight, agree with what you're saying. Looks like he could leave this summer if Marco thinks the same.

If you ever watch him for England it’s a different story. He plays with a few wing role and excels. Always looks dangerous and when he gets a chance, he usually at least tests his opponents.

Our problem is that we already have a carbon copy of him with Richarlison. We can’t afford to have two impact players in the team. Richarlison frustrates as he goes missing for periods and this is exactly what we see with Lookman. He came on for ten minuets at the end of the season and nearly scored a rocket, but in that ten minuets he only had about five touches of the ball.

This makes it very difficult to make an impact on the pitch. If a player made an impact in such little time each time he came on the pitch.... he would be on a top four clubs bench.

He will excel if he moves on, trust me. But it’s the best thing for him. As much as Barkley frustrated and pissed me off, he made the best decision of his career in leaving us.

7 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

There's part of me that wouldn't be arsed in the slightest if we sold him. I find him very frustrating to watch. But then there's the other part of me that worries he'll give his head a wobble and be more than just potential.

I don't envy Marco and Marcel on this one.

Good point he could go somewhere and set the world on fire, but if Silva isn’t feeling it I think we take 20m and use on someone the manager wants. 

7 hours ago, Matt said:

Not for the transfer setup, that’s between the clubs isn’t it? 

4 hours ago, StevO said:

All parties have to agree to the deal don’t they?

I believe we would have a transfer fee automatically accepted, then the player would have to agree terms.

4 hours ago, StevO said:

All parties have to agree to the deal don’t they?

They have to agree to the move, but player and club (and agent) sort out the salary, clubs sort out the transfer deal. Don’t see why the player would get any say or even be interested in the transfer fee dealings 

11 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I believe we would have a transfer fee automatically accepted, then the player would have to agree terms.

Why would a transfer fee be automatically accepted in any scenario?

29 minutes ago, Matt said:

They have to agree to the move, but player and club (and agent) sort out the salary, clubs sort out the transfer deal. Don’t see why the player would get any say or even be interested in the transfer fee dealings 

It may hinder future transfers for the player. I’d want a say if I was the player. 

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Why would a transfer fee be automatically accepted in any scenario?

Because its a buy back fee... So when the player is sold there is a clause for a bid of x amount to be automatically accepted if met, then negotiations start with the player for their personal contract. 

Are we on the same page here or am I confusing things 😂

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Honestly I’m just speculating, but I don’t see any logic in the player being involved 

I get that when it’s to do with a transfer fee, but when it comes to clauses that can affect the future of a player I would think they have an interest. 

Look at Geri’s deal when we signed him, he might have wanted to stay at Everton but there was a contract in play that took that out of his hands. In that kind of scenario surely the player would have to agree to it? Sell on clauses could stand in the way of a player getting a move. I’m just speculating anyway.

59 minutes ago, StevO said:

I get that when it’s to do with a transfer fee, but when it comes to clauses that can affect the future of a player I would think they have an interest. 

Look at Geri’s deal when we signed him, he might have wanted to stay at Everton but there was a contract in play that took that out of his hands. In that kind of scenario surely the player would have to agree to it? Sell on clauses could stand in the way of a player getting a move. I’m just speculating anyway.

It wasn’t taken out of his hands, he had final say on going back to Barca. 

10 hours ago, Aidan said:

Because its a buy back fee... So when the player is sold there is a clause for a bid of x amount to be automatically accepted if met, then negotiations start with the player for their personal contract. 

Are we on the same page here or am I confusing things 😂

Buy back fee, like release clauses, just says the clubs have to talk to one another though, right? Not that it’s automatically accepted? 

@StevO, if we’re both speculating it’s probably best just to leave it be :) 

7 hours ago, Matt said:

Buy back fee, like release clauses, just says the clubs have to talk to one another though, right? Not that it’s automatically accepted? 

@StevO, if we’re both speculating it’s probably best just to leave it be :) 

Thought there was a contractual obligation if there is a buy back fee, otherwise whats the point? Might be wrong though.

• 1 month later...

Would like him to stick around to see how he develops as we could have a serious player on our hands - however I'd imagine with the finances this season and other areas needing to be strengthened then Mola could well be leaving.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

Would like him to stick around to see how he develops as we could have a serious player on our hands - however I'd imagine with the finances this season and other areas needing to be strengthened then Mola could well be leaving.

I disagree, I don't see anything in him that suggests anything but a decent career abroad/lower PL/Championship team; I think he's just slightly above Dan Gosling level. Time will tell. Oh, and I hope his injury isn't too bad, not seen any word on it so fingers crossed.