IGNORED

Ademola Lookman

4 hours ago, aaron said:

BUT HE REMOVED EVERTON FROM HIS INSTAGRAM! GET HIM playing more often please.

So Marco Silva says his attitude has been great since he came in yet some on here were convinced he was a rotten egg who needed to be sold, gone quiet there hasn't it.

Bit of a silly statement considering he's acknowledged he was unsettled due to the transfer rumours and bids over the summer 

Multiple instances indicated he wasn't happy and wanted out and his performances also suffered hence Boothroyd having a word 

You can't slate fans who want the best for the club over the interests of a young player who had done little to justify his behaviour/attitude

I'm made up he stayed and he's done very well when given the chance and long may it continue 

6 hours ago, aaron said:

BUT HE REMOVED EVERTON FROM HIS INSTAGRAM! GET HIM playing more often please.

So Marco Silva says his attitude has been great since he came in yet some on here were convinced he was a rotten egg who needed to be sold, gone quiet there hasn't it.

Exactly, can’t judge a players attitude from rumours.

1 hour ago, EFC-Paul said:

Bit of a silly statement considering he's acknowledged he was unsettled due to the transfer rumours and bids over the summer 

Multiple instances indicated he wasn't happy and wanted out and his performances also suffered hence Boothroyd having a word 

You can't slate fans who want the best for the club over the interests of a young player who had done little to justify his behaviour/attitude

I'm made up he stayed and he's done very well when given the chance and long may it continue 

Just because he wanted to leave and wasn’t happy doesn’t mean he has a bad attitude. It just means he wants something else in his career. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Just because he wanted to leave and wasn’t happy doesn’t mean he has a bad attitude. It just means he wants something else in his career. 

Usually I'd agree but he's had moments albeit small ones portray otherwise

It was clear as day it all effected him and his attitude him not being happy and a young lad it went hand in hand hence why Boothroyd told him some home truths as it was effecting his performances for the U's 

As I've said it's a daft statement to make when the lad wanted to leave and the fans rightfully weren't happy with it or how he conducted himself 

It's not something worth debating as the lads cracked on and looks to be doing well 

23 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

Usually I'd agree but he's had moments albeit small ones portray otherwise

It was clear as day it all effected him and his attitude him not being happy and a young lad it went hand in hand hence why Boothroyd told him some home truths as it was effecting his performances for the U's 

As I've said it's a daft statement to make when the lad wanted to leave and the fans rightfully weren't happy with it or how he conducted himself 

It's not something worth debating as the lads cracked on and looks to be doing well 

How he conducted himself, though? Where is proof that he did anything worthy of moaning about?

1 hour ago, nyblue23 said:

How he conducted himself, though? Where is proof that he did anything worthy of moaning about?

Not doing this dance with you and Steve again it's boring, it's an opinion I have and many others do through various instances reports etc 

Yourself Steve and others don't its that simple  and fine like I said the lads cracked on which is what we all wanted 

My original post was to Aaron who's post was daft and goading considering most wanted him to do well but weren't happy with the way things were going with him and his situation 

10 hours ago, Palfy said:

Paul is right why would Silva and the international coach come out with the comments they have if everything's been rosy with him.

As I’ve already said Palfy, just because he wanted to leave and wasn’t happy at the club, it doesn’t mean he has a bad attitude. I just means he wasn’t happy and wanted to leave. I’m sure we’ve all wanted to leave our jobs before, I know I have, my attitude towards my current job didn’t change. Wanting something different and attitude are not necessarily linked. 

In September a member of my team found another job, wanted to go, did his best until the last day. I’ve got two colleagues at the moment who both leave on 14th, they are both still doing the job. Attitude doesn’t have to come into it. 

We seem to think when a footballer wants something else he has an attitude or is ungrateful. Doesn’t make sense to me. 

8 minutes ago, StevO said:

As I’ve already said Palfy, just because he wanted to leave and wasn’t happy at the club, it doesn’t mean he has a bad attitude. I just means he wasn’t happy and wanted to leave. I’m sure we’ve all wanted to leave our jobs before, I know I have, my attitude towards my current job didn’t change. Wanting something different and attitude are not necessarily linked. 

In September a member of my team found another job, wanted to go, did his best until the last day. I’ve got two colleagues at the moment who both leave on 14th, they are both still doing the job. Attitude doesn’t have to come into it. 

We seem to think when a footballer wants something else he has an attitude or is ungrateful. Doesn’t make sense to me. 

But there were reports of his bad attitude towards supporters, we also witnessed his half hearted performances in pre season basically throwing his dummy out the pram his managers now talk about his change in attitude, so for me he did in have a bad attitude and in some ways down tools, but that's all over now and he seems to have turned the corner and excepted that he is part of the team and in Silvas plans which is what we all want.

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

But there were reports of his bad attitude towards supporters, we also witnessed his half hearted performances in pre season basically throwing his dummy out the pram his managers now talk about his change in attitude, so for me he did in have a bad attitude and in some ways down tools, but that's all over now and he seems to have turned the corner and excepted that he is part of the team and in Silvas plans which is what we all want.

The only reports of his attitude was from fans, who are assuming his attitude. He didn’t sign a few autographs and told a few people he wanted to leave. That’s poor behaviour, not attitude. 

A lot of us will see this different, was the same with Schneiderlin, but might as well move on. 

44 minutes ago, Shukes said:

A players worth is the price it takes to replace them. You could 1000% profit on a player, but if it costs more than that to replace them.... then it’s bad business.

Unless of course they are surplus .

He's only a bit part player at the moment and we've already got Vlasic on the books so wouldn't cost a thing to replace him. 

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

He's only a bit part player at the moment and we've already got Vlasic on the books so wouldn't cost a thing to replace him. 

He’s came on the last few games and is an obvious player who can replace Walcott.

Vlasic has already failed to make a mark here, honestly don’t think he is good enough.

With these points taken into consideration, I would say it would cost money to replace a young English promising talent. 

I would go as far as betting that the club will see it that way as well. This is reason why they run a premier league team.

32 minutes ago, Shukes said:

He’s came on the last few games and is an obvious player who can replace Walcott.

Vlasic has already failed to make a mark here, honestly don’t think he is good enough.

With these points taken into consideration, I would say it would cost money to replace a young English promising talent. 

I would go as far as betting that the club will see it that way as well. This is reason why they run a premier league team.

Thought Vlasic was the better of the two albeit from limited minutes. Koeman picked him over Lookman. 

Yep, has to start over Walcott.  He's offering so much more going forward, far cleaner with his touches and more dangerous with his passes.  He does seem to hang forward a bit more on defense, but I didn't see Walcott do much more than cover space himself.

The team is relatively settled, time to shake things up a little.  Start Lookman and challenge him to make it his own, while challenging Walcott to show he deserves it back