IGNORED

Ademola Lookman

16 minutes ago, patto said:

He's had 3 months to pull his finger out the lad is not interested in playing for us. 

Maybe not now, but he is young and you cant put an old head on young shoulders as they say. Lets face it a young man with a top German club chasing him, no doubt with an army of agents and hangers on all telling him to move, not easy to deal with.

Once the window closes he will not have the distraction of Leipzig, he will have Silva and the squad working with him, and he will get the chance to play and develop.

I hope this works and we can see him develop and become a valuable player for us, because he has all the ability he needs to be a top, top player. That's not just me saying that, that's Silva.

If it does not work out we can let him go in January or in the summer and get a replacement in.

Either way I am proud of how the club has handled this situation.

1 hour ago, patto said:

If he stays and it doesn't work out you will not get 28m for him this is a big decision for brands and we have to back him.

I've already said my thoughts on the lad in previous posts but the club comes first and the last thing we need is new or young players having to be thrown in out of position because we've been left short 

A pre agreement with Leipzig can sort that similar to what the shite did with Kieta surely they can still be done?

His heart looks like it's set on going there anyway so do the deal now for January, win win if the lad has the desire and patience 

18 minutes ago, nogs said:

Right so now he's an Everton player for at least another four months can we stop looking for reasons to get after the lad? 

Look, it's pretty obvious he fancied a move to Leipzig. But so what, players are allowed to want to play for other clubs, just as we're all allowed to want to switch jobs without getting panned for it. Fact is he's got a contract with us, we call the shots, and Silva/Brands have made a pretty big statement turning down £25m for him. It's clear they see something they like a lot in him, if he's got any brains he will realise that and grab the opportunity to make a name for himself in the Premier League. I couldn't care less what he does on social media or whether he smiles or not during warm ups, I wanna see what he can do on the pitch. Now we' ll find out. 

Let's not try and downplay the situation. The lad was bought to goodison from Charlton and despite a new manager with fresh ideas letting him know he's in his plans - he's behaved like a tit.

He will get a chance to prove himself and the fans will back him if he shows willing. But let's not try and make out that he's been hard done by...

5 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Let's not try and downplay the situation. The lad was bought to goodison from Charlton and despite a new manager with fresh ideas letting him know he's in his plans - he's behaved like a tit.

He will get a chance to prove himself and the fans will back him if he shows willing. But let's not try and make out that he's been hard done by...

Lets not ramp it up either. He is not much more than a kid after all.

All young men act like bell ends at some stage. Its about how we and he manage it that counts.

5 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Lets not ramp it up either. He is not much more than a kid after all.

All young men act like bell ends at some stage. Its about how we and he manage it that counts.

A kid? He's happy enough and old enough to live in another country. Or are we just paying him in midget gems and wine gums? 

I have already intimated that he will get a chance to prove himself. The balls in his court not the fans. 

30 minutes ago, hafnia said:

A kid? He's happy enough and old enough to live in another country. Or are we just paying him in midget gems and wine gums? 

I have already intimated that he will get a chance to prove himself. The balls in his court not the fans. 

To escape Allardyce I wouldn't blame him if he looked for game time in on another continent let alone Germany!

That is why he left, to get game time to help him to develop as a player, and not stagnate under Fat Sam.

Everything else has been said many, many times. 

Lets hope this 20 year old makes a go of it here.

He will probably get an opportunity tomorrow more out of necessity than choice, and if he does it’s his chance to prove himself and show the fans he is willing to work and fight for his place, if he displays the sulky I don’t give a fuck attitude as in pre-season it’s going to be a long 4 months to January for him sat in U23s. 

2 hours ago, hafnia said:

Don’t think anyone made out he’s been hard done by. 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

So far looks like we should have taken the money.  Very selfish on the ball and refuses to play out wide, he was parked inside in their third.  Left Seamus on an island.  Doesn’t like to press to hard either.

Lets hope he gives it the old college try because in todays performance he’s worth about 6m 

Didn't think he was all that bad.  Not good, but not bad.  Saw him get back and help out a few times (got him a cheer at one point), a long way from Richarlison level but still.

Agree on the width part, was a bit surprising given he's apparently right footed.

Didn’t think he did to bad, but he was very selfish. But I would think that’s more down to him really wanting to do something with the ball to show what he can do. 

He managed to get back a couple of times, but I can see what MJB means, it was more in the right place at the right time, than sprinting back.

He gave me the feeling that he doesnt get on very well many of the players.

18 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Didn’t think he did to bad, but he was very selfish. But I would think that’s more down to him really wanting to do something with the ball to show what he can do. 

He managed to get back a couple of times, but I can see what MJB means, it was more in the right place at the right time, than sprinting back.

Being in the right place at the right time is an art form, and saves energy. It’s a positive thing. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Do you really think you can tell that from 20 minutes on the pitch?

So many conclusions from such a short cameo. Are we sure Silva didn’t ask him to play further inside? Are we sure he didn’t tell him to make a few runs and try to win it for us? He dribbled into traffic a couple times, which sure, it was annoying, but what if he’d been given instructions to dribble past a defender since their organization seemed otherwise impossible for our poor passing to pick apart?

I wouldn’t say people are just drawing conclusions from this cameo though, more on the last few months of rumours and seeing him react they way he has. 

Everyone is in attack mode at the moment. On here especially. Someone makes a comment on how they feel and people draw something else out from it. It’s like we’re on a forum.... but people aren’t allowed to actually give an opinion or thought.

I mentioned that I got a feeling he doesn’t get on with players earlier.... and was asked how could I make that conclusion after only twenty minutes! People seem on edge and looking to find fault in everything others say.

We should all relax a bit and realise.... this is football, it’s always been the same and always will be.

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

I wouldn’t say people are just drawing conclusions from this cameo though, more on the last few months of rumours and seeing him react they way he has. 

Everyone is in attack mode at the moment. On here especially. Someone makes a comment on how they feel and people draw something else out from it. It’s like we’re on a forum.... but people aren’t allowed to actually give an opinion or thought.

I mentioned that I got a feeling he doesn’t get on with players earlier.... and was asked how could I make that conclusion after only twenty minutes! People seem on edge and looking to find fault in everything others say.

We should all relax a bit and realise.... this is football, it’s always been the same and always will be.

In all fairness Shukes if you make a statement like that people are going to want to know what drew you to that conclusion, I do understand what you are saying because the question was put in a way that could be considered as dismissive of what you said.

So what makes you feel that Lookman isn'tt getting on with other players I didn't see yesterday's game so I'd be interested in what you saw to make you feel that way.