IGNORED

Ademola Lookman

17 minutes ago, StevO said:

If he wants to wish Keane a healthy recovery what business is it of ours? Why does it have to be public? Why do we have a right to know anything?

how do we kno he’s being a sulky prick? I saw training photos with a smile on his face. Doesn’t suit the agenda though does it. 

Well we all see things differently I saw him get a standing ovation from the the Everton faithful pre season and he didn't acknowledge the support that was given as a we want you to stay gesture then to compound that he gave 0% effort and that told me that he wants out but like I said we all see it differently.

Just now, Palfy said:

Well we all see things differently I saw him get a standing ovation from the the Everton faithful pre season and he didn't acknowledge the support that was given as a we want you to stay gesture then to compound that he gave 0% effort and that told me that he wants out but like I said we all see it differently.

Palfy, you’ve been watching football long enough. A lack effort in a friendly means he wants out? Jesus, we would need a whole new team most pre seasons. 

22 minutes ago, StevO said:

If he wants to wish Keane a healthy recovery what business is it of ours? Why does it have to be public? Why do we have a right to know anything?

how do we kno he’s being a sulky prick? I saw training photos with a smile on his face. Doesn’t suit the agenda though does it. 

Ffs there is no agenda. I've been all for keeping the lad and him getting a fresh start after dinosaur allardyce messing him about. 

If he wants to use his profile to wish an outgoing player all the best and the team he wants to play for celebrations them to omit well wishes for a team mate who's injury was attracting concerns and well wishes from almost everyone in football is shit. Simple as that. 

3 minutes ago, StevO said:

Palfy, you’ve been watching football long enough. A lack effort in a friendly means he wants out? Jesus, we would need a whole new team most pre seasons. 

Alright StevO I do get what your saying there and that does happen with players who rightly or wrongly know there be in the team, but if I was Lookman going out first time for a new manager with the opportunity to show that I should be in the team I'd work my fucking balls off.

from sky

Red Bull Leipzig coach Ralf Ragnick says the club are still hopeful of signing Everton winger Ademola Lookman before the transfer window closes on Friday, having made a bid of £25m plus add-ons for him on Saturday.

Rangnick said: "We'll see. Let's just wait another week. When you turn back the time to the last day of the last transfer market, at 2pm we didn't even think about a loan of Ademola Lookman.

"It seemed impossible to get him. But four hours later we got the deal done. I said then that it wasn't a last-minute deal but a last-second deal."

2 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

The Twitter discussion around wishing Keane well is absurd. Jags didn’t, nor did Walcott or Tosun. That’s as far as I got, but I’d venture to say the majority of the team who have Twitter didn’t wish him well on the platform either.

Some people quietly show up next to the hospital bed and offer sincere support. Others post something on Twitter so all the world can see. I draw absolutely no conclusion whatsoever based on what people do or do not post.

9 hours ago, StevO said:

You sort of don’t have to wish someone well online if you can do it to their face, or send them a txt, or give them a call. 

But if they don’t do it online we don’t know it happened and we have a right to this information. Obviously. 

Glad to see we have a few more level headed people on here. Toffee Talk used to be for the Thinking Evertonian 😂

I never wish my wife happy birthday on facebook or happy Christmas, I tell her to her face when I see her. 

edit: But I know some people do, doesn't mean those that don't are arseholes. I'll use social media to contact friends in different time zones, and to remind me because I'm shit at remembering birthdays. If I know I'll the friend of family member, I'll go and see them instead, or give them a call.

All of this hyperbole is just hilarious / embarrassing at the same time...

How come my post was deleted from this thread??

Fact is he’s not posted a single thing on social media about the team paying his wages who took a chance on him plucking him from relative obscurity but posts a Leipzig video on his instagram knowing there’s a tug of war for him. He knows it’ll alienate the fans and imo is deliberately trying to do so. I hope he gets lobbed in the rezzies.

1 minute ago, Paddock said:

How come my post was deleted from this thread??

Fact is he’s not posted a single thing on social media about the team paying his wages who took a chance on him plucking him from relative obscurity but posts a Leipzig video on his instagram knowing there’s a tug of war for him. He knows it’ll alienate the fans and imo is deliberately trying to do so. I hope he gets lobbed in the rezzies.

Because it had already been posted. Hence the discussion about it!

10 minutes ago, aaron said:

Most teams have a group Whatsapp. Maybe, just maybe, Lookman wished Keane well in that? What do I know, I like all of you don't have a fucking clue what's going on behind the scenes so lets stop speculating ay.

Or maybe he went to visit him at the hospital. Or maybe, or maybe... 

There's absolutely nothing to read into this unless you like conspiracy theories :) 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Or maybe he went to visit him at the hospital. Or maybe, or maybe... 

There's absolutely nothing to read into this unless you like conspiracy theories :) 

It’s got nothing to do with Keane- he’s not posted a single thing about any of our games yet posts that. I’m not offended in the slightest by it but he knows that will have fans up in arms over it- sulking about, being left out the squad because of his attitude and posting Leipzig videos? Come on Matt- he is deliberately trying to inflame  an already volatile situation.

32 minutes ago, Paddock said:

It’s got nothing to do with Keane- he’s not posted a single thing about any of our games yet posts that. I’m not offended in the slightest by it but he knows that will have fans up in arms over it- sulking about, being left out the squad because of his attitude and posting Leipzig videos? Come on Matt- he is deliberately trying to inflame  an already volatile situation.

This is my whole point.... if you look at him "not wishing Keane well on social media" in isolation - it means nothing. But it's not in isolation. 

The kid has a prominent social media presence and he has removed Everton from his Bio, not signed autographs, taken half arsed warm ups, not celebrated a goal when the whole bench did...  it stinks.  If allardyce was still here he would have half an excuse - we have a new manager who has offered him a chance. Not wishing Keane well on social media the day he gets a fractured skull - yet wishes an outgoing player all the best is prickish.

It reminds me of lukaku typing away on his phone congratulating Chelsea whilst doing the appreciation lap at goodison, small things to some but painting bigger pictures to others.  Then some were surprised when he celebrated like mad In  front of Everton fans. 

Some players Are just nob heads and fans just can't see it. 

Can't wait for the end of this whole Transfer Saga...

I personally hope he is gone by the end of it because the fee we are being offered is ridiculously high for an unproven player with an awful attitude... 

Lets face it if we can recover 80% of Richarlison's fee for a player who (lets get this straight) has done nothing in this league and has't been a first team player under 4 managers now we are having RB's pants down... He has potential but he is another player who for me will never meet it because his attitude is dire.

Is he better than what we've got? No...

Is he willing to put the work in? No...

Is he worth 25-30m? No...

42 minutes ago, Paddock said:

I keep forgetting your psychic :P

There is no actual evidence. Some innocuous circumstantial evidence on a crappy social media site and then the paranoia to create something out of nothing sure, plenty of that about, but no statement from the player (surely he'd be asking for a transfer request which would've been picked up by now?) and only reassurance from the manager. Nearly all his Twitter feed is Everton, as is half his Instagram account. The player in the Insta video is clearly a close friend, why not celebrate your friend scoring?

If he is sulking about not playing, that doesn't anger me. That means he wants to play and he's frustrated, that's a good thing. This is why I want to see him given a chance in the League Cup, so he can show if he can actually be arsed working for his spot or not. The manager has said he's in the current and future plans, but he's not had a look-in (see what I did there ;)) so who wouldn't be frustrated?! 

Honestly, this has blown so far out of proportion it's ridiculous. There's 2 scenarios; 1) he stays or 2) he goes. It's not a volatile situation until the fans make it into one.

16 minutes ago, hafnia said:

This is my whole point.... if you look at him "not wishing Keane well on social media" in isolation - it means nothing. But it's not in isolation. 

The kid has a prominent social media presence and he has removed Everton from his Bio, not signed autographs, taken half arsed warm ups, not celebrated a goal when the whole bench did...  it stinks.  If allardyce was still here he would have half an excuse - we have a new manager who has offered him a chance. Not wishing Keane well on social media the day he gets a fractured skull - yet wishes an outgoing player all the best is prickish.

It reminds me of lukaku typing away on his phone congratulating Chelsea whilst doing the appreciation lap at goodison, small things to some but painting bigger pictures to others.  Then some were surprised when he celebrated like mad In  front of Everton fans. 

Some players Are just nob heads and fans just can't see it. 

Where? Because I still see him applauding the Main Stand when I go to his Twitter account, training in his Everton kit on Instagram.

The autographs thing is not acceptable, I'll give you that

36 minutes ago, Matt said:

I keep forgetting your psychic :P

There is no actual evidence. Some innocuous circumstantial evidence on a crappy social media site and then the paranoia to create something out of nothing sure, plenty of that about, but no statement from the player (surely he'd be asking for a transfer request which would've been picked up by now?) and only reassurance from the manager. Nearly all his Twitter feed is Everton, as is half his Instagram account. The player in the Insta video is clearly a close friend, why not celebrate your friend scoring?

If he is sulking about not playing, that doesn't anger me. That means he wants to play and he's frustrated, that's a good thing. This is why I want to see him given a chance in the League Cup, so he can show if he can actually be arsed working for his spot or not. The manager has said he's in the current and future plans, but he's not had a look-in (see what I did there ;)) so who wouldn't be frustrated?! 

Honestly, this has blown so far out of proportion it's ridiculous. There's 2 scenarios; 1) he stays or 2) he goes. It's not a volatile situation until the fans make it into one.

Matt, I’m not suggesting I know for sure- I expected better of you than that- what I’m saying is with all the speculation and hype surrounding him wanting a move he’s not stupid enough to think that will not pour petrol on the fire. Silva said in his last interview that he is the future of the club and it is up to us to convince him of that. If that doesn’t tell you he is agitating for a move then I don’t know how much clearer he needs to be.

56 minutes ago, Gatesy said:

Can't wait for the end of this whole Transfer Saga...

I personally hope he is gone by the end of it because the fee we are being offered is ridiculously high for an unproven player with an awful attitude... 

Lets face it if we can recover 80% of Richarlison's fee for a player who (lets get this straight) has done nothing in this league and has't been a first team player under 4 managers now we are having RB's pants down... He has potential but he is another player who for me will never meet it because his attitude is dire.

Is he better than what we've got? No...

Is he willing to put the work in? No...

Is he worth 25-30m? No...

All of this!!! 👍🏻

38 minutes ago, Matt said:

Where? Because I still see him applauding the Main Stand when I go to his Twitter account, training in his Everton kit on Instagram.

The autographs thing is not acceptable, I'll give you that

He had Everton player in his bio now he doesn’t.

Just now, Paddock said:

Matt, I’m not suggesting I know for sure- I expected better of you than that- what I’m saying is with all the speculation and hype surrounding him wanting a move he’s not stupid enough to think that will not pour petrol on the fire. Silva said in his last interview that he is the future of the club and it is up to us to convince him of that. If that doesn’t tell you he is agitating for a move then I don’t know how much clearer he needs to be.

A written transfer request would do it. But there isn'tt one, so everything is speculation and conspiracy. There's no drama as far as I'm concerned, although, as I mentioned, the ignoring fans waiting for an autograph is not what I like to hear about

Just now, Matt said:

A written transfer request would do it. But there isn'ttt one, so everything is speculation and conspiracy. There's no drama as far as I'm concerned, although, as I mentioned, the ignoring fans waiting for an autograph is not what I like to hear about

Silvas words of “ we need to convince him” tell you he wants out. Why put a request in and lose money when he can force our hand in a differwnt way.