IGNORED

Ademola Lookman

3 hours ago, patto said:

He obviously wants to leave I think it's about how much is being offered we have a month near enough to sort this but there's nothing worse than having a player that doesn't want to be here. 

Lookman could squash all the roumors by saying he wants to stay and fight for his place but he won't. 

This has got the same hallmarks as the Barkley fiasco, if he has said he wants to leave then be open about it if he won’t come clean on what he wants, then the club should say if he’s requesting to leave or if he wants to stay. 

43 minutes ago, StevO said:

I never get this, why do they have to tell us anything? No good can come of it. Are we so used to dickheads like Lukaku telling us every week they want to leave that we just expect it? Can anyone else think of one of our players who gave an interview saying they wanted to leave?

what happens if they do fancy a move but it doesn’t happen and they come out and said they want to go? Just deal with getting booed every time they go near Goodison Park?

Stop it Steve you're talking sense. 

1 hour ago, patto said:

So if we sign Bernard where does this leave Lookman he's not happy on the bench and he's not at the level of the front 3/4 player's we have.

Looks like Bolasie is going. I guess you have some inside info on Lookman not being happy? I’ve not seen any myself. 

6 minutes ago, StevO said:

Looks like Bolasie is going. I guess you have some inside info on Lookman not being happy? I’ve not seen any myself. 

Everyone seems to think we'd play Bernard in a midfield 3, so Lookman would be unaffected, if Bolasie he goes he'd be providing competition with Richarlison down the left. 

Not on the bench. I know it’s early days but surely he’s bound to go now. I don’t want him too but equally if he can’t make today’s bench without our new signings then there’s little hope for him. We also can’t afford to have a 20+ million pound player not featuring. 

5 minutes ago, barryj said:

Not on the bench. I know it’s early days but surely he’s bound to go now. I don’t want him too but equally if he can’t make today’s bench without our new signings then there’s little hope for him. We also can’t afford to have a 20+ million pound player not featuring. 

The lad clearly has lessons to learn.   I feel this kid will look back on his career with regret. 

I still hope it's purely down to him not being a 100% fit 

He'd have caused Wolves problems if he'd have been available yesterday, he'll get his chance from what Marco has been saying 

It's the first time in a very long time we've got some great attacking options and the players to change our system completely if needs be we shouldn't be looking to offload the lad 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Realistically how many minutes will he get being behind Richarlison and Bernard? Loan him out very good price high and sell like Chelsea do. 

Might get ahead of Walcott if Silva is looking to play more of an inside forward, possibly?

5 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

It's the first time in a very long time we've got some great attacking options and the players to change our system completely if needs be we shouldn't be looking to offload the lad.

4 hours ago, Aidan said:

Might get ahead of Walcott if Silva is looking to play more of an inside forward, possibly?

Good points here.  Surely most think we should be loaning out Vlasic and Sandro, not Lookman.  Neither Vlasic nor Sandro, right now, appears to have the attacking skills of Lookman.  Lookman’s no sure thing, but a better bet for this season than the other two.  

27 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Good points here.  Surely most think we should be loaning out Vlasic and Sandro, not Lookman.  Neither Vlasic nor Sandro, right now, appears to have the attacking skills of Lookman.  Lookman’s no sure thing, but a better bet for this season than the other two.  

Think Vlasic has shown more during the little time either have had.

Stronger on the ball and a better eye for threading a ball through, in general just like as if he's hungrier and wants the ball more to show what he can do. Lookman looks skilful but very lightweight and can be invisible. 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/marco-silva-reveals-reason-behind-15021524

Marco on leaving Lookman out. Based on his reasoning, I would think he may now go out on loan.

I know he's not come out and said, but I get the feeling he does not want to play for us. Clearly there is an issue with the lad and it might be better for all parties if we let him go. Would be a shame, but no player is bigger than club.

20 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Marco said in that piece that it was his decision = dropped in my opinion.

I don't see how he can be dropped when he's never been a regular:huh:. Schneiderlin, Siggy, Walcott etc. you'd call "dropped" if they were left out of the eleven or eighteen; Lookman hasn't made enough appearances to be dropped, he just wasn't selected (along with several other first team squad players); you think Dowell was dropped as well presumably?

He always seem to be a real threat when he plays and the fans appreciate his intent. He is the type of player that can win a game with his skill and ability to beat a man.

It's seem strange that DLC and Sandro both made the bench and yet both didn't do anything particular good in pre-season to warrant selection.

Maybe he's just not doing it in training?