IGNORED

Ademola Lookman

9 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Be interesting to know who is in the 20% group. Seriously.

20% of the team is 2 players. It's my estimate, of course, but I don't think it's unreasonable.

From the 2013 U-20 World Cup final, the winning team was France. Their squad included Pogba (now ManU), Zouma (now Chelsea), Umtiti (now Barcelona), Areola (now PSG), Polomat (now St. Etienne), Veretout (now Fiorentina), Kondogbia (now Valencia), Bahebeck (now PSG), and Lucas Digne (now Everton).

10 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

20% of the team is 2 players. It's my estimate, of course, but I don't think it's unreasonable.

From the 2013 U-20 World Cup final, the winning team was France. Their squad included Pogba (now ManU), Zouma (now Chelsea), Umtiti (now Barcelona), Areola (now PSG), Polomat (now St. Etienne), Veretout (now Fiorentina), Kondogbia (now Valencia), Bahebeck (now PSG), and Lucas Digne (now Everton).

Team or squad? Could be 2 - 4 players that 'make It'. I would say making it means playing regular first team football at the highest level. Pogba being the obvious one.

Would be interesting to know just how many/who of these youth World Cup winning squads go on to play at the highest level on a regular basis. Tough one to find out though!!!

2 hours ago, patto said:

He's got to go we need the money more than him he was getting photo's taken before the game with all the young kids and someone said don't go to Germany stay and win trophies with us is reply was they told me that last year.

He's got to go for as much as we can get he's not what he thinks he is.

I was watching him closely and have to say, I was disappointed with his body language. If that was him showcasing his talent, no matter how long he got.... then he needs a reality check.

I have not judged him on rumours at all. But now I have witnessed it with my own two eyes...... Ademola Mirralas Lookman can go.

2 hours ago, StevO said:

Do a few more Steve, let’s see how the numbers work. 

The Serbian team that won in 2015 have had 1 that has made it (albeit made it big!) In Milinkovic-Savic. There are a couple in midtable Bundesliga teams or lower table Spanish teams but no-one else that would be at standout at this level.

13 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Just to add some context to a couple of these. Veretout played for Villa and was terrible. 

Bahebeck might be at PSG he never actually plays for them and just goes on loan to clubs like Utrect and Pescara.

Polomat is similar having played ligue 2 football with Auxerre last season.

Areola was still being loaned out for 2-3 seasons after winning the tournament. 

As an example of how things can change, Sanogo (not on your list) top scored in the tournament for France with 4 goals. As of July 2016 he had scored only 5 competitive goals for his clubs. He has now scored 20 goals in 57 appearances between Ligue 2 and Ligue 1.

Umtiti and Pogba had also played at least a season of top level mens football before being called up (Lyon and Juve) so their talent was already known. Zouma had played 18 times in Ligue 1 the season before. Kondogbia played 31 times in La Liga the year before and even Digne had played 33 times in Ligue 1. 

I think this almost goes to show that you arent spotting talent in an U20 side, that talent has already been played top level mens football.

Sadly when you look at that England team none of them were playing regular premier league football. Cook has played a season since, Maitland-Nile has had a run as have our lads Kenny and DCL but it doesnt look promising.

https://www.squawka.com/en/news/where-are-they-now-brazils-u20s-world-cup-winning-side-from-2011/1010198#hLAPVOOY54vkZ4QA.97

A few made it out of this group.... Coutinho again had made 13 seria A appearances (europe) plus 6 champions league appearances and a supercup appearance.

Casemiro had made 21 seria A apearances (presumably Brazil).

That is as much as I could be arsed to look into!

19 minutes ago, Bailey said:

https://www.squawka.com/en/news/where-are-they-now-brazils-u20s-world-cup-winning-side-from-2011/1010198#hLAPVOOY54vkZ4QA.97

A few made it out of this group.... Coutinho again had made 13 seria A appearances (europe) plus 6 champions league appearances and a supercup appearance.

Casemiro had made 21 seria A apearances (presumably Brazil).

That is as much as I could be arsed to look into!

The 2007 U21 world cup winning Netherlands are a famous example of youth cups not being that indicative of future success as well. This was the starting eleven:

GK 1 Boy Waterman
RB 2 Gianni Zuiverloon
CB 4 Arnold Kruiswijk
CB 18 Ryan Donk
LB 5 Erik Pieters   Substituted off 89'
DM 6 Hedwiges Maduro (c)
CM 8 Royston Drenthe Yellow card 9' Substituted off 78'
CM 11 Daniël de Ridder
AM 10 Otman Bakkal
CF 13 Maceo Rigters   Substituted off 69'
CF 9 Ryan Babel

13 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Really? It's called attention-seeking. 

Possibly- but looking through the lads tweets he seems level headed and positive towards the club. He could have written anything, what he said he said means nothing one way or the other. By all accounts Lookman came on and walked around not giving a fuck ( I never went orvwatched so not sure it’s true or not) but if he did it wouldn’t surprise me if he did say it.

31 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Possibly- but looking through the lads tweets he seems level headed and positive towards the club. He could have written anything, what he said he said means nothing one way or the other. By all accounts Lookman came on and walked around not giving a fuck ( I never went orvwatched so not sure it’s true or not) but if he did it wouldn’t surprise me if he did say it.

I cam tell you that he did stroll around like he wasn’t arsed!

Got a rapturous applause and didn’t as much as look up. Looked like he didn’t want to be on the pitch. 

I was begging for him to come on, but left disappointed. I mathink have been looking for something that may not be there.... but he annoyed me no end. 

1 minute ago, Cornish Steve said:

Whatever he said or didn't say, it looks like he'll be an Everton player for now. He'll wreck his career if he shows no effort, so either way I suspect he'll want to do his best.

He has until 31/08 to move abroad it’s only England that closes this Thursday. If he’s going to Leipzig there’s still a whole month for him to move and if he’s showing attitude like that, I couldn’t give a fuck if he was the next Messi- fuck him off.

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

Im calling bullshit.

I saw and commented on that earlier today 

I do think the lads seen his arse and wants out but I don't believe he'd be daft enough to say that to a young fan 

Why would he say we wanted him to stay and win trophies last season when he was told he was going on loan? Contradictive nonsense imo 

1 hour ago, patto said:

Why would fans be arsed putting lies on here some people should get real and see what's happening here. 

Lookman never even warmed up with the rest of the team what's that all about. 

He may want out, given what we saw yesterday I wouldnt really doubt it but its one thing to want out and say things behind closed doors and then him coming out and saying that to a group of young people of which only one them has put it on social media (also no video of it). 

If he wanted to say things likw that he could have gone through his agent or interviews like Lukaku did. I dont see why he would say nothing throughout and then allegedly say somethig to a group of fans who all have their phones out. 

In terms of fans lying, open your eyes. All these ITKs that pop up on Twitter, the "my mate saw..." bullshitters, the opposing fans who make something up and it gets believed by real fans. 

7 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

I saw and commented on that earlier today 

I do think the lads seen his arse and wants out but I don't believe he'd be daft enough to say that to a young fan 

Why would he say we wanted him to stay and win trophies last season when he was told he was going on loan? Contradictive nonsense imo 

I agree.

4 hours ago, patto said:

He only went on loan in January not at the beginning of the season.

So we have to have video evidence now wtf.

These lads are not ITKs they are young supporters collecting autograph's probably made up to even meet him.

You missed the boat a bit there. I didnt say we needed video evidence but would you not expect corroborating evidence given there was loads of people there all with phones out? Did only 1 person hear it who uses social media?

I didnt say he was an ITK but you said why would fans lie and I gave an example of when they do. 

Again if he left in Jan why would they have told him that if he didnt go to RBL then he could stay and win silverware with us? We were trying to loan him to Derby and could only win the FA cup. 

People will chose to believe it if they want to but to me it seems highly unbelievable without any supporting evidence.