IGNORED

Ademola Lookman

3 hours ago, Paddock said:

The jumped up little prick is doing my head in- walking past kids refusing to sign autographs, sulking like a petulant child.

Personally I’d lob him in the rezzies for 12 months.

When was this Pad? I'd heard a while back that he had done this to some effect.

40 minutes ago, hafnia said:

When was this Pad? I'd heard a while back that he had done this to some effect.

Apparently after the Soton game Schneiderlin, Richarlson, Holgate and Tosun stopped and signed every single fans request and posed for photos- Lookman walked out with his headphones on looking at his phone and just walked past. Loads of different ccounts tweeting it. If it’s true then he needs lobbing in the U23s for the whole season.

For 22.5 mil I would absolutely sell him. The financial gain is well worth the risk. For the hundred or so teenagers who show flashes of brilliance in the PL maybe 10 truly come good. I'll take those odds for 22.5 mil. Especially considering his attitude appears to be total shit. 

Couldn't we throw a buy back clause in there like Barca have consistently done to us?

Been a fan of his and backed him up for a long time.

But after seeing him come in against Valencia, and seeing his disrespect when the new manager was introduced to the Goodison crowd, I can’t make excuses for him anymore.

Add to that Silva has gave him a backhanded compliment by saying he has done better in training, but still not enough.... then it looks like the rumours about his attitude where right.

35 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

For 22.5 mil I would absolutely sell him. The financial gain is well worth the risk. For the hundred or so teenagers who show flashes of brilliance in the PL maybe 10 truly come good. I'll take those odds for 22.5 mil. Especially considering his attitude appears to be total shit. 

Couldn't we throw a buy back clause in there like Barca have consistently done to us?

I’d have no issue with this approach, but the buy back clause absolutely has to be there. 

Well when we signed him he was a down to earth kid apparently. Maybe he thinks he is billy big bollocks now. I know the market is crazy but £22 million is a lot of money for him. Bernardo, Charly, Walcott can all intermingle in the forward positions . If he is he’ll bent on leaving get rid. This is a new era. Get a clause nailed on 

4 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

sandro and bernard would be the only 2 left.  unless he puts oumar or dcl out there.  

That's enough for me. We are not participating in european competition so we don't need a large squad. Keeping an unsettled player is of no use to us and can only bring us trouble.

1 minute ago, patto said:

I wonder if brands is the main man regarding this situation if he gets 28m euro's he's played a blinder but if Lookman stays he's gonna have to put a shift in I can't see that happening.

agreed on the brands part, i think he's holding out knowing Red bull have loads of cash and that's why Marco distanced himself today saying "i don't handle those kinds of things" basically saying brands does.  

honestly i'd sell him for 28m and work on getting another portuguese or brazilian.  

4 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

honestly i'm surprised he isn'ttt on loan. DCL needs minutes and with Tosun and oumar i don't see him getting many.

I agree he isn'tt going to progress and grow if he isn'tt playing, I wonder if Silva will implement a rotation system to give the fringe players game time, or will he go with the same players week in week out when he can, if the latter is the case then take the money for Lookman.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

DCL looked sharp in the last game when he came on.  Based only on that snippet I can see him getting more playing time than Niasse, especially when he is fully fit.

he can't score to save his life, he's a troy deeney second striker type hold up man.  niasse is ugly technically be he scores somehow.  silva is well versed with this during his tenure at hull with him.  

i see DCL as the hard working keep the lead type sub, niasse the we need to score super sub.

3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

he can't score to save his life, he's a troy deeney second striker type hold up man.  niasse is ugly technically be he scores somehow.  silva is well versed with this during his tenure at hull with him.  

i see DCL as the hard working keep the lead type sub, niasse the we need to score super sub.

Its not like Cenk is banging them away. Niasse will score more goals than DCL but the team will score more goals with DCL up top that they will with Niasse. 

I also wouldnt write DCL off after one goal shy season in a struggling side much like not writing off others in the side for being poor last season. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Its not like Cenk is banging them away. Niasse will score more goals than DCL but the team will score more goals with DCL up top that they will with Niasse. 

I also wouldnt write DCL off after one goal shy season in a struggling side much like not writing off others in the side for being poor last season. 

Look up on YouTube their goal challenge last year, No defenders or keeper and he was still awful!

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Look up on YouTube their goal challenge last year, No defenders or keeper and he was still awful!

There’s a very good footballer within him though Mark. His efforts uptop, by himself at the start of last season were huge. For now, I think he could be excellent at coming on with 30/20 ( with a lead ) and winning fouls, getting us up the pitch. The ball doesn’t stick nearly as well with Niasse as it does with DCL.

1 hour ago, Btay said:

There’s a very good footballer within him though Mark. His efforts uptop, by himself at the start of last season were huge. For now, I think he could be excellent at coming on with 30/20 ( with a lead ) and winning fouls, getting us up the pitch. The ball doesn’t stick nearly as well with Niasse as it does with DCL.

I agree he is the guy to protect a lead.  I just think he could be playing every match for Nottingham forest or something And come back ready to challenge Tosun.  Maybe I’m too naive about loans

He is gifted with his speed first touch and he can hold the ball up, but in front of goal he lacks the ability to get the ball on target, surely a loan spell to a decent Championship side could be what he needs to get that part of his game sorted out, banging in a few goals for say a team like Derby could give him the confidence he is lacking in front of goal, because he is already blessed with the other attributes you need to be a very good player.

9 hours ago, Bailey said:

DCL looked sharp in the last game when he came on.  Based only on that snippet I can see him getting more playing time than Niasse, especially when he is fully fit.

This.

Silva has also mentioned that he’s one of the young players he considers first team. I feel that Niasse is more of a stop gap until DCL is back up to speed.

Having the three of them gives us great options, people seem to forget about options and different tactics these days.